Michigan SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reciept date in MI SESA is 14th October 2003. I think we have to wait till March 2005, unless our case is opened by MI sesa before Jan 1st. If it is opened, then I have no clue what might happen. Anybody else has any idea? Also did anyone get any info about approvals from state labor dept?

Thanks,
karnish

You are right. No movement since last 3 months.

Do you think everything filed after July but before Jan 05 is going to one of the BECs??

Thank you for the openning of this thread. You are right that the dates stayed the same for the last three months. I think they moved to a differnet address sometime during the fall and then came these new rules for NPCs and BECs and SWAs not working on permanent labor certifications after Jan1 2005. Then SWAs got hit by the budjed and personel reduction for FY2005 and they just stopped processing.

Still I'm curious if anybody with PD after July 1 2004 got REF or NOF, which will indicate what date range they are working currently on.

Eli

PD: 16 Nov 2004

Eli,

I think you are right. I don't think they anybody working on labor certifications since september. I see your PD is right around mine. Where do you think our petitions are going to end up ? BEC or NPC??

Well, at first I hoped that the application will be somehow considered opened by Dec 31 and after completing at state level will go to NPC Chicago and be approved fast. Now I am not so sure what scenario is the best. Even if it is opened by SWA only god knows how long it will take them to finish it since cases like these will be their last priority - H1-Bs, H2-Bs and prevailing wage determination will occipy most of their human resources. Then comes NPC Chicago, these folks are not very fast on the first place, it took them more than two months to move to the new location and get organized and they are still not doing anything... In contrast the people from the other NPC Atlanta never stopped the certifiyng process inspite the move. Also there may be a flood of new applications starting Jan 1 2005 and since SWA's will merely stamp the application and send it to the NPC they will be ahead of us.
So now I'm thinking that going to BEC Dalas is not so bad bet. True we will be at the end of the queue, but maybe the RIR line will be not so long (look at the www.immigration-law.com breaking news from 12/12/2004).

Eli

MI cases transfered to Dallas

Guys!

Any body has a clue what if the State cases are transfered to Dallas.

Do they go to Chicago for Regional Processing or stay Dallas Regional office?

Thanks in advance.

Where are our Files

Minnesota still says July 04! And Chicago says Nov 04! Where are the applications that were filed after July 04??

Dallas or Chicago???

rir and regular in one queue in BRCs.. File PERM. Only Way.

01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update

The DOL did not disclose in details a number of issues in the PERM Briefings which the consumers were interested in. It turned out that some of these issues had been discussed with the AILA in telephone conference before the PERM Briefing sessions began. Some of these issues had been answered as follows:
Status of Processing at the Backlog Processing Centers:
The cases which were transferred from the Regional Offices were processed first. For these cases, initial letters have been being sent out. Once the responses come back from the applicants, they will start adjudicating the cases. The current state is as follows:
Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication.
Chicago and Atlanta Regions Cases: These cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers later and currently being data-entried. Once the data entry is completed, letters will be sent out the applicants as it did with the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions cases.
The cases which were transferred from the SWA (state offices) are at the stage of data entry. Once data entry is completed, the same steps will be taken as described above.
Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!
Opened Cases vs. Unopened Cases: Under the Transition Guideline, unopened cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers and opened cases will be completed by the SWAs. The definition of "opened cases" is the application packages which are at the SWAs in unopened boxes or where no letters have been issued by the SWAs to the applicants. Accordingly, those who received a letter from the state offices may be completed at the state offices rather than being transferred to the Backlog Centers.
Notification of Address Changes of the Applicants or Attorneys: If one knows that his/her case has been transferred to the Backlog Centers, the notification should be addressed to the Backlog Centers. If one does not know, DOL suggests to such notification to both the Backlog Center and the SWA office.
Address of Certifying Officers and SWA in the Notice Posting for Cases to be Filed before 03/28/2005: People should follow the same rules and requirements under the current labor certification regulation. Thus the notice posting should direct the public to file misrepresentation or complaints to the office of Certifying Officer's office and the state labor certification unit. Remember, though, some Regions, addresses have been changed: Chicago and Atlanta offices.

Master Tracker

Hello all,

I am trying to create a master tracker that will help all of us determine where we all fall in the BEC queue.

My goal is to consolidate into a single tracker all pending labor certifications from all STATES and all DOLs.

This will help us in the long run to better understand how BECs will be processing our cases.

I have attached an empty tracker. I will return next Friday, February 11 to “pick it up”.

At that time I will merge all sub-trackers into a single one and post it in the DOL forums section.

I hope you find value in doing this and participate. If your forum has a tracker already, it would be great if someone volunteers and populates the tracker I have posted.

Since it will be hard for me to check all forums next week, if you have any questions, please send me a Private Message.

Thank you for your help

JustWatching

Master Tracker

Hello all,

I am trying to create a master tracker that will help all of us determine where we all fall in the BEC queue.

My goal is to consolidate into a single tracker all pending labor certifications from all STATES and all DOLs.

This will help us in the long run to better understand how BECs will be processing our cases.

I have attached an empty tracker. I will return next Friday, February 11 to “pick it up”.

At that time I will merge all sub-trackers into a single one and post it in the DOL forums section.

I hope you find value in doing this and participate. If your forum has a tracker already, it would be great if someone volunteers and populates the tracker I have posted.

Since it will be hard for me to check all forums next week, if you have any questions, please send me a Private Message.

Thank you for your help

JustWatching

Response From MN DEED

Here is the response I got from DEED in MN. Thought I should share it..

The applications you referred to will be sent to the Dallas Backlog
Center sometime this week. Minnesota has not processed and will not
be processing any RIR or regular applications received after
December 31, 2004. We are awaiting instructions from the U.S.
Department of Labor as to where the applications filed with a
priority date of 2005 are to be sent. We will update our web site
once we receive procedural instructions from the DOL.

==

My Question:

I was wondering if all the RIR applications filed from July 1 04
through Dec 31, 2004 have been transfered to BEC Dallas for
processing. Would MN process any applications at all filed after
July 1, 2004?

Thanks for your time,

Sincerely,

Did you e-mail them or call? If you give me their contact info I (or the lawer)will call at the end of next week to confirm that they've sent everything RIR they have between 07/01/2004 and 12/31/2004 to Dallas BEC.

Thanks for your effort...

Eli
PD 11/16/2004

Desi_Canada said:
Here is the response I got from DEED in MN. Thought I should share it..

The applications you referred to will be sent to the Dallas Backlog
Center sometime this week. Minnesota has not processed and will not
be processing any RIR or regular applications received after
December 31, 2004. We are awaiting instructions from the U.S.
Department of Labor as to where the applications filed with a
priority date of 2005 are to be sent. We will update our web site
once we receive procedural instructions from the DOL.

==

My Question:

I was wondering if all the RIR applications filed from July 1 04
through Dec 31, 2004 have been transfered to BEC Dallas for
processing. Would MN process any applications at all filed after
July 1, 2004?

Thanks for your time,

Sincerely,

Desi,

Can you post what was your question for which you got this reply. From the reply it seems you inquired about a case with PD after Dec 31,2004.

Thanks
Vardha

PD 12/02/2004

His question is at the end of his post. His PD is around mine and yours - end of November.

Eli
PD 11/16/2004

usvar said:
Desi,

Can you post what was your question for which you got this reply. From the reply it seems you inquired about a case with PD after Dec 31,2004.

Thanks
Vardha

PD 12/02/2004

Master Tracker

Hi all,

I "picked up" the tracker today. I will post the master tracker by the end of the week.

I will come back to let you know where it has been posted.

If you did not add yourselves to the tracker please wait until the master tracker has been posted and add yourselves there.

Thanks again

JustWatching

Status
Not open for further replies.