Members who obtained GC through asylum visited COP

I renewed my NP and went back to CoP (Pakistan) after 6.5 years last December. Stayed there for a week. Coming back, I was sent to the secondary for a background check and was not asked any questions about my Asylum case. I had no problem entering or leaving Pakistan as well.

Anyone from India who visited India via Nepal please PM me. I don't want to go but my wife is dying to see her family. She is a derivative , her passport is expired and indian embassy won't renew her asylee stamped passport.

If possible i would like her to visit Nepal on TD if possible and then to india. But like i said she can't carry expired indian passport with her. I knew before Indian's could show any id and visit Nepal and vice versa. Please share your experience. Appreciate your response?

Anyone from India who visited India via Nepal please PM me. I don't want to go but my wife is dying to see her family. She is a derivative , her passport is expired and indian embassy won't renew her asylee stamped passport.

If possible i would like her to visit Nepal on TD if possible and then to india. But like i said she can't carry expired indian passport with her. I knew before Indian's could show any id and visit Nepal and vice versa. Please share your experience. Appreciate your response?

Why did the Indian embassy refuse to renew the passport? Because of the code on the green card? Thanks.

They need an affidivit stating that applicant has not applied for Asylum. and then when i submit my expired passport it has Asylum granted stamped on it. They will neve renew it. Look through the past post. Some ppl have shared their experiences with Indian embassy. They are the worst and most corrupt people.

traveled to my cop

I Got My Green Card In June 2006...backdated 2005...i Traveled To My Cop In July 2006 And Returned In October 2006 Through Chicago...i Was Not Asked Anything Back Then...but One Year Later I Was Coming From Japan And I Came Through San Francisco And I Was Sent To Secondary And Got Asked Why I Went Baqck To My Cop....i Told The Io That There Is No Law That Prevents Me From Going Back To My Cop....he Was Going To Refer Me To An Ij But He Let Me Go And Advised Me Not To Go There Again....he Handed Me That Uscis Letter That Applies To Asylees...and I Told Him That I'm No Onger An Asylee And The Fact That I Got My Green Card Through Asylum Does Not Change The Fact That I Share The Same Rights And Responsabilities With Green Card Holders Of Other Catagories....he Then Smiled And Stamped My Passport And Told Me That I Was Free To Go...before I Left I Asked Him Why Are U Asking Me About A Trip That Happened Last Year ...why Wasn/t I Asked Back There And Then...his Answer Was....in San Franciscio We Care More Than They Do In Chicago...i Wanted To Laugh....i Eventually Did...after I Had Left... Weird Ha???

They need an affidivit stating that applicant has not applied for Asylum. and then when i submit my expired passport it has Asylum granted stamped on it. They will neve renew it. Look through the past post. Some ppl have shared their experiences with Indian embassy. They are the worst and most corrupt people.

C'mon you said you are being persecuted in India but you want Indian embassy to renew your passport. What kinda logic is that.

I Got My Green Card In June 2006...backdated 2005...i Traveled To My Cop In July 2006 And Returned In October 2006 Through Chicago...i Was Not Asked Anything Back Then...but One Year Later I Was Coming From Japan And I Came Through San Francisco And I Was Sent To Secondary And Got Asked Why I Went Baqck To My Cop....i Told The Io That There Is No Law That Prevents Me From Going Back To My Cop....he Was Going To Refer Me To An Ij But He Let Me Go And Advised Me Not To Go There Again....he Handed Me That Uscis Letter That Applies To Asylees...and I Told Him That I'm No Onger An Asylee And The Fact That I Got My Green Card Through Asylum Does Not Change The Fact That I Share The Same Rights And Responsabilities With Green Card Holders Of Other Catagories....he Then Smiled And Stamped My Passport And Told Me That I Was Free To Go...before I Left I Asked Him Why Are U Asking Me About A Trip That Happened Last Year ...why Wasn/t I Asked Back There And Then...his Answer Was....in San Franciscio We Care More Than They Do In Chicago...i Wanted To Laugh....i Eventually Did...after I Had Left... Weird Ha???

dear saber:

are you from a middle eastern country?

my second question is how the officer at SFO knew you went back to your country last year?

did he look inside your passport and saw the stamps or you yourself told him?

dear saber:

are you from a middle eastern country?

my second question is how the officer at SFO knew you went back to your country last year?

did he look inside your passport and saw the stamps or you yourself told him?

And how did he know your are former asylum? He studied your GC?

C'mon you said you are being persecuted in India but you want Indian embassy to renew your passport. What kinda logic is that.

Great point.

Sadly I have to concede that many people on this forum follow this logic (fodder for FAIR bigots).

what is wrong with you people..
can you read in your green card that say A6????? that means GC based on asylum. You don't need to study your GC

Read the paper when you try to apply RTD.
When you have GC from asylum, you are not suppose to renew your NP and not suppose to go back to your COP, but you can apply for advance parole if i'm not wrong for emergency.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is wrong with you people..
can you read in your green card that say A6????? that means GC based on asylum. You don't need to study your GC

Read the paper when you try to apply RTD.
When you have GC from asylum, you are not suppose to renew your NP and not suppose to go back to your COP, but you can apply for advance parole if i'm not wrong for emergency.

Screaming in an empty tank. It goes nowhere. let them face the reality.

Actually it is good, different people have different experiences. We all do something that we think it is right thing to do.

I wish there were some people here which got their citizenship and went back to COP before that and they would tell nothing is going to happen. But I would say, not all of us will get interviewed by the same IO.

A person I knew went back after getting his green card. A few months after his return to the U.S. he received a letter from the INS questioning his trip. The immigration judge revoked the green card and ordered deportation. An appeal was filed and eventually the BIA reversed the Immigration Judge.

I first posted about this story four years ago when the INS started proceedings to deport the person.

A person I knew went back after getting his green card. A few months after his return to the U.S. he received a letter from the INS questioning his trip. The immigration judge revoked the green card and ordered deportation. An appeal was filed and eventually the BIA reversed the Immigration Judge.

I first posted about this story four years ago when the INS started proceedings to deport the person.

LIsten, you not nessesarily know all details of that story. I have a friend of mine in Miami also, who tells that kind of story about himself. Then his sister told me that he had problems with police and was indicted for something (fight in restarant). That was the real reason of his card evoking. And yes, BIA reversed the Immigration Judge. He paid a lot of money.

If you went back to original postings you would see that I read all the documents he received from the DOJ and the DHS (in my role as an informal translator).

If you do not believe the story (because you want to believe only stories that confirm your own worldview) then just ignore my posts. Read only the posts that you agree with. Thanks.

Can aslyee use advance parole to go back to cop? Anyone did it ? what is the difference between Advance Parole and TRD?

Can aslyee use advance parole to go back to cop? Anyone did it ? what is the difference between Advance Parole and TRD?

Yes, technically this is possible. But you will have many questions asked upon return to the US. Plus, you will no longer have asylum status when you return but you will be a parolee if you use AP. The only way to retain your asylum status is to get RTD.

Its possible to get the advance Parole but an asylee visiting his COP? Well its not my business but what prove is he/she gona give for the visit to maintain the status?