May2005 Cases.

Do the not-used visa numbers for 2002 carry over to 2003, etc, like our vacations? I don't think so. I think if the numbers don't get used up for that year, they don't roll over. any openion? thanks

kuoweiwang said:
Do the not-used visa numbers for 2002 carry over to 2003, etc, like our vacations? I don't think so. I think if the numbers don't get used up for that year, they don't roll over. any openion? thanks

As far as I understood for reading the information there is no roll-over of un-used numbers to the following year. The only rollover is that unused visas from EB1 and EB2 categories go over to EB3s.

Any Updates?

Hi guys,
Did any of you get any FP notifications?

Looks like we hit the wall again. They approved bunch of Labors in Mar and Apr this year. I am guessing they are stuck with a huge number of 140+485 applications applied since.

My 9th year ext expires september. :) Can't wait for 10th ..lol..

To Magdalena and other gurus

Are I140/I485's processed by PD / RD or ND ?

If someone files concurrent, is 140 held up till 485 is reviewd ?

Are FP and NameCheck the significant roadblocks ? Anything else ?

I think at the end of this process, I'll be left with multiple world records in each category (LC/140/485)

Magdalena said:
As far as I understood for reading the information there is no roll-over of un-used numbers to the following year. The only rollover is that unused visas from EB1 and EB2 categories go over to EB3s.

To qwerty1111

qwerty1111 said:
Are I140/I485's processed by PD / RD or ND ?

If someone files concurrent, is 140 held up till 485 is reviewd ?

Are FP and NameCheck the significant roadblocks ? Anything else ?

I think at the end of this process, I'll be left with multiple world records in each category (LC/140/485)

1) I-140s are always processed based on RD/ND dates. I am not sure whether is RD or ND. In the case the visa are current (like for the EB2s) I-485 are also processed based on RD/ND dates. However, once the retrogression kicks in (presumably in August for EB2s) those dates become irrelevant and I-485 ONLY (not I-140) are processed based on PD from labor certification.

2) I am not sure on that. My understanding is that 140 should be separately treated from 485. However, there were many reports (on this portal) stating that 140 are not going to be approved as long an the name check is not cleared and that is required for 485.

3) I would say that Name Check is THE bottleneck in the whole process. It is like a black hole. It goes to FBI and USCIS has to wait till FBI does the job. If you are unlucky you might be stuck at this stage for a long time...

Some people posted here that they have been stuck in
the name/security check for more than 2 years.
As I recall, FBI said 80% of name checks finish
within 3 months. Those unlucky ones with many "hits"
wait years with uncertainties due to the manual and
inconsistent process. I also got the impression that
"your case stopped at FBI name check. We don't have control
over this..." is sometimes just a standard reply when inquired...

To magdalena and other gurus

Thanks for the very informative answers.

just out of curiosity

for 140/485s how long do/will lawyers take to send the forms out ? 1week/2week/1month or more ?

(assuming you start counting after you give them all the required documents)

how long did lawyers take to file for your LC ?

mine took 1.5 months after I gave him all the docs

Magdalena said:
1) I-140s are always processed based on RD/ND dates. I am not sure whether is RD or ND. In the case the visa are current (like for the EB2s) I-485 are also processed based on RD/ND dates. However, once the retrogression kicks in (presumably in August for EB2s) those dates become irrelevant and I-485 ONLY (not I-140) are processed based on PD from labor certification.

2) I am not sure on that. My understanding is that 140 should be separately treated from 485. However, there were many reports (on this portal) stating that 140 are not going to be approved as long an the name check is not cleared and that is required for 485.

3) I would say that Name Check is THE bottleneck in the whole process. It is like a black hole. It goes to FBI and USCIS has to wait till FBI does the job. If you are unlucky you might be stuck at this stage for a long time...

GCwaiter002 said:
Hi Fdfd, i got the same RD as your I485. Did you get any LUD recently? And any FP notice?

Nope. I only have LUD of 7/06/2005 when I enquired and they
put my case on line 1st time..
Hope you hear good news soon....

fdfd said:
Nope. I only have LUD of 7/06/2005 when I enquired and they
put my case on line 1st time..
Hope you hear good news soon....

YOu mean they have started processing your I-140?

GC_RD_April said:
YOu mean they have started processing your I-140?

No. I was answering question from GCwait2002's on I-485.
They only replied that my I-485 is in name check process (keep my fingers crossed).
No idea on what happens on my I-140.
I'll have my lawyer enquire on 140 next week when it passes
3 months after RD....

MYGC_APRIL said:
Did any of May filing got FP notice or I140 approval ?
I can't even check the status online. :mad:

Nope. Same here. No FP. No online status for I-140.
They put 1st online status on my 485 case when I made
an e-mail enquiry but I don't think it has much meaning...

what is happening.

It looks like the slow processing of the cases is sucking the mojo out of the group.

I guess we are back in the cycle again. The Labor certification slowed down a lot just before my labor is approved. now 140 and 485 are becoming slow.

Hope to see some approvals from May guys.

AP and EAD Issue

Hello,

AP

1) My AP approval email was received on 7/27/05. But i have noit received it in the mail yet. I have not changed address. Attorney says, we can wait till August 27 and then we have to file for new AP. Anyone has this situation ?
I called the NSC support and they said we have mailed out on 7/27/05. We have no further INFO.

EAD

2) I got email on 8/05/05 that my EAD card has been ordered. Any Idea how long it takes for the card to be made and mailed ? Since I did not receive the AP in mail is lost, just worried about the EAD

Please help

FP anyone ???

Hello,

Anyone who filed 485 in MAy 05, did you receive the FP notice. Especially EB3 cases, please shre the info.

Thank You

Is this normal cyclic (or summer) doldrum or something unusual ?
TSC now has 140/485 processing dates like June, July 2005.
CSC's 485 processing date has not moved for more than 2 months......

Its no summer doldrum

Its not cyclic or anything remotely that. I sniff something wrong. After 3-4 months we'll get to hear "oops there are blah blah blah reasons because of which we cannot process cases anymore oh and by the way we forgot to tell you that" and the timeline will go back very far in time. This is EXACTLY what happened to the labor cert fiasco.

I am shuddering under the covers. 3yrs and 4month and still waiting for labor cert. Is 485/140 going ot be another 4 yrs ????

fdfd said:
Is this normal cyclic (or summer) doldrum or something unusual ?
TSC now has 140/485 processing dates like June, July 2005.
CSC's 485 processing date has not moved for more than 2 months......

I hear you!

I hear you my friend. Loud and clear
qwerty1111 said:
Its not cyclic or anything remotely that. I sniff something wrong. After 3-4 months we'll get to hear "oops there are blah blah blah reasons because of which we cannot process cases anymore oh and by the way we forgot to tell you that" and the timeline will go back very far in time. This is EXACTLY what happened to the labor cert fiasco.

I am shuddering under the covers. 3yrs and 4month and still waiting for labor cert. Is 485/140 going ot be another 4 yrs ????