May2005 Cases.

I am sure you applied in CSC. Is it right?. Yes i got WAC number from my lawyer. I have not seen physical reciepts thought. Based on those reciept numbers i created profile. So far the AP and EAD status email are coming and i am getting approval notices. I did not get actual EAD though. I dont really understand why you are not able to check atleast the case number for your wife's EAD, Even though you got actual approval and card. Did you call USCIS. Just call them to verify your address. Might be it helps you. But for sure they will ask for WAC number. I dont know what to say. might be they track based on your available WAC numbers. When did you apply and what is your PD on labor. is it your own or substiutue?.For sure if they dont accept your application, they probably wont give EAD for your wife?. Just think logically. Dont worry man. I think your 99% ok.

I applied in CSC. My PD is April02/2002. I can only check the status of EAD and 131 but not 140 and 485.The online system say some validation errors. I am not sure for how long i have to wait to check the status. I tried calling the 1-800 number and it says that the status cannot be checked as there is no information with the WAC numbers for my 140 and my wife's 485(Well as mentioned before i don't have my receipt for 485)

so not sure what to do as i am in a dilemma regarding travelling even though i have advance parole. Just waiting that i will get my 485 receipt soon.

If you wrote the check for the I140 / I485 fees yourself, and if the check has cleared from the bank, it should have the WAC number on its back. You can use that WAC number to track status from USCIS web site.

bgolla said:
I applied in CSC. My PD is April02/2002. I can only check the status of EAD and 131 but not 140 and 485.The online system say some validation errors. I am not sure for how long i have to wait to check the status. I tried calling the 1-800 number and it says that the status cannot be checked as there is no information with the WAC numbers for my 140 and my wife's 485(Well as mentioned before i don't have my receipt for 485)

so not sure what to do as i am in a dilemma regarding travelling even though i have advance parole. Just waiting that i will get my 485 receipt soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
FP for May 485 RD cases

hello,

Has anyone received the FP notice ? Pls let us know along with whther your labor is EB2 or EB3

Want to see if Eb3 cases receive FP notices now that the retrogression is effective.

Online Status

Hi,
How long does it take for the WAC# to show status online @
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do
I receive my WAC# on May 25th and have not been able to check the status online.

How does every one get to know a LUD?
Thanks

online status of receipts

Navdod,
My receipts are dated for May 3rd but i still cannot check the status online. Looks like there is some problem with online status checking. Not sure when they are going to resolve it. I am able to check the status for EAD and advanca parole but not for 140 and 485.

Guys,
Let us please update the signature with our RD and AD for each application and whether EB3 or 3 and PD, so that we know who is on what stage or status. In this way everybody can analyze their own situation. Please please update your signature like willigtonGC or myself and keep updating your signature as you get the approvals or FP or GC itself. Please guys let us do this. If my info in my signature is sufficiant please let me know.
gunukula...

I was told by USCIS that their online status system has
some problems and would be fixed in a few weeks.
This was beginning of June.

Then I've read here in this message board, some people
never had online status valid until they got thier GC approved.
So for some people (including me), online status system
is pretty much useless.

willgetgc2005 ?

I noticed that you have applied I-140/485 through Sub. labor ? Do you know what would be your priority date ? Will it be the date Org. labor Certificate filled OR the date you filled I-140 ?

Thanks

REF response receipt update

Guys,

140 RFE response has reached USCIS about 10 days ago. But the case status online has not been updated with RFE received. I see on this forum that usually people see an update when USCIS receives the response. Any idea what is going on ?

Is there any USCIS email or phone number that i can use to find out ?

Guys,

140 RFE response has reached USCIS about 10 days ago. But the case status online has not been updated with RFE received. I see on this forum that usually people see an update when USCIS receives the response. Any ne else experienced this ?

Newdates says Apr27 2005

any May guys get FP notices yet? lets hope they start processing May cases soooon.

May 16 ND, no FP!

Almost 8 weeks after ND, still waitting for the FP notice.
Looks like the FP notice is significantly slower than half year ago.
Friend of mine filed I-140/I-485 Dec 2004 got FP in 2 or 3 weeks.

-----------------------
CSC, EB3 Sub Labor (Priority Date 02/2002)
I-140/I-485 Concurrent
ND: May 16, 2005
LUD: May 16, 2005
FP: N/A

To Iken

To Iken,

my understanding is (from other immigration forums) that there will be no FP notices going out for EB3 application as long as the visas are retrogressed. That would mean that you would get no FP notice before October 2005.

Of course, I might be wrong, but I don't think so....unfortunately

Hi, Magdalena:

> there will be no FP notices going out for EB3 application
> as long as the visas are retrogressed.

My Sub LC priority date is on Feb 2002.
I used to think my case will not be affected by the
EB3 visa retrogression since the sub-LC priority date is prior to
the posted retrogression date (June 2002?)

Did I miss something here?

Thanks,
lken

To Iken

lken said:
Hi, Magdalena:

> there will be no FP notices going out for EB3 application
> as long as the visas are retrogressed.

My Sub LC priority date is on Feb 2002.
I used to think my case will not be affected by the
EB3 visa retrogression since the sub-LC priority date is prior to
the posted retrogression date (June 2002?)

Did I miss something here?

Thanks,
lken

Not quite so. Your priority date must be current at two time points:
1) on the date when you file I-485 AND
2) on the date when your 485 is going to be actually approved

It seems that USCIS is being overwhelmed with the applications due to faster approvals through PERM and labor certifications being approved through BEC at Dallas and Philadelphia (me being one of those approved :)). My guess is that is going to get worse due to larger number of applications coming in the next months. If you look back at the visa bulletin boards the retrogression just started in January 2005, while last retrogression was back in 2001.

FPs are valid only for 15 months, so maybe they are slowing down on issuing FP notices. You have to realize that coming October 2005 new set of visas are going to be available, but my bet is that there will not be current, but with a priority date.
Take home message: The fact that you filed your 485 doesn't guarantee you a green card.
Hope this helps.

What is retrogression ?

Ca you tell me what retrogression means ? does it only apply to certain countries ? I am from europe, does that matter ?

thanks

snaggled said:
Ca you tell me what retrogression means ? does it only apply to certain countries ? I am from europe, does that matter ?

thanks

There is a limit on the number of visas (permanent residence status; green card) that are issued in any given year. You can find a detailed information on total number by reading the Visa Bulletin board:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Basically, every country, independent on its size, is given the same % of the worldwide quota. So, applicants from countries like China and India are in difficult position since there are many more applications than alloted visa numbers. Besides that there are many more EB3 applications compared to EB1 and EB2s. Therefore, USCIS has to impose a cut-off date (priority date or PD; date when labor certification was filed) so only people with the PD that is current can file I-485.

The latest retrogression with PD cut-off for EB3 started in January 2005 and it affected "only" China, India and Philippines. However, starting from July 2005 everybody else (the whole world) got affected and no visa numbers are available (current) till the begining of new fiscal year that starts in October 2005.

EB1 and EB2 dates are still current for all countries, meaning there is no retrogression for people in those categories. This week USCIS will issue information for August, so we'll see whether retrogression is spreading to those two categories (hopefully not).

I hope this helps.