May Visa Bulletin

Ok where is the May bulletin

I think people are so busy sorting out the long list of H1 applns that they forgot to publish the new bulletin.

Can anyone from any remote consular office find that bulletin?

I am alarmed at the slow processing of Eb3 I-485 and the backlog which appears to be 5 years or more. Families are experiencing problems as their minor children age out after living in the usa in excess of 8 years or more. I wrote the secretary of state office on this injustice and got a reply that it is the constituencies that influence immigration policies. The office can do nothing and that people should take up these concerns with their senators and other representatives if they want to influency a change in policy. The problem is Employment based immigrants have no voice here. we need help.

I am alarmed at the slow processing of Eb3 I-485 and the backlog which appears to be 5 years or more. Families are experiencing problems as their minor children age out after living in the usa in excess of 8 years or more. I wrote the secretary of state office on this injustice and got a reply that it is the constituencies that influence immigration policies. The office can do nothing and that people should take up these concerns with their senators and other representatives if they want to influency a change in policy. The problem is Employment based immigrants have no voice here. we need help.

Actually we do. Immigration Voice lobbies for law changes beneficial to legal employment based immigrants.

Consider joining IV at http://www.ImmigrationVoice.org

I've an automated script scanning the website every few secs. That'll distort their statistics a bit.
The moment they create a web-page, I'll report it here even before they link it.

gravitation,

What you are doing can be called as DoS attack of government server.
In case if their server goes down you can be in trouble (even if you run your script from South Africa)

Last edited by a moderator:
gravitation,

In case if their server goes down you can be in trouble (even if you run your script from South Africa)

Not true. DoS is something very very different. DoS involves sending requests from a fake IP add leaving the server hanging waiting to time out. I'm doing nothing of that sort.

What I'm doing is not different than clicking every few seconds. Modern servers (and even the old ones) are more than capable of handling this.

gravitation,

i agree....why dont you scan every 15 mins instead of evey few seconds..

imagine if hundred people are scanning their website for around 50 non existing web pages....every few seconds....i am sure thats not same as 100 humans clicking/browsing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not true. DoS is something very very different. DoS involves sending requests from a fake IP add leaving the server hanging waiting to time out. I'm doing nothing of that sort.

What I'm doing is not different than clicking every few seconds. Modern servers (and even the old ones) are more than capable of handling this.

When they got problem with server, because it could not handle so many http requests, they will analyze log files of their webserver.

You with your script will be definitely one of the recordsmen based on the number of requests.

I just wanted to warn you

i agree....why dont you scan every 15 mins instead of evey few seconds..

imagine if hundred people are scanning their website for around 50 non existing web pages....every few seconds....i am sure thats not same as 100 humans clicking/browsing...

techy, I deal with web servers day in day out... I know what I'm doing here, ok, the load generated here is minuscule of servers capacity.

When they got problem with server, because it could not handle so many http requests, they will analyze log files of their webserver.

You with your script will be definitely one of the recordsmen based on the number of requests.

I just wanted to warn you
If they do get a problem, it won't be because of my script. It adds 0.0000001% to the total server load.

If they do get a problem, it won't be because of my script. It adds 0.0000001% to the total server load.
as per my knowledge (i am also a techy)....i am just being cautious....so no offense...

but how do you know what uscis load capacity is???

from my experience with uscis....i dont think they are good at handling volume ;)

they take around 3-4 months to process a I-140 (my estimate....to process a I-140, given all documents are present, it should not take more than an hour for a seasoned professional....)

EB3 India cutoff dates .... hmmm

May 2006 Visa Bulletin - 01MAR01
May 2007 Visa Bulletin - 08MAY01

1 year movement = 68 days

Based on the above movement, I can expect my Priority Date of Dec 12, 2002 to be current by the time May 2016 Visa Bulletin comes out. Well, thats not bad.... only 9 more years to go (deep sarcasm). Another 5-6 years for citizenship and then I'm all set. Considering that I have already been here for the last 8 years, it's a 23 year plan altogether. After spending 23 good years (well, except constantly worrying over the GC part) of my life in this country I can finally think of going back (coz if I am a citizen, I can always return in case things don't work out in India ... etc. etc.). Not sure if I'll have the desire to go back to India by that time.