May Visa Bulletin

Jack,
I am not against any EB immigration since I am in the queue for the same. also you are missing a point ...even if there is a chain of FB applicants it doesnt mean that uscis is working on them ..lets say 200,000 applications are filed for india FB4 ..all that happens is they get a acknowledgement letter and their files sit in a box for years .. also uscis will hire more people ..and hence the move to increase fees.
also dont forget that if most of us are lucky and eventually we become us citizens ..then we may have the need to sponsor someone (most likely I wont need it though) ..and finally neither of us can do anything about the same ..we can see the difficulty that US has in passing or scrapping any immigrations laws.

Jack,
I am not against any EB immigration since I am in the queue for the same. also you are missing a point ...even if there is a chain of FB applicants it doesnt mean that uscis is working on them ..lets say 200,000 applications are filed for india FB4 ..all that happens is they get a acknowledgement letter and their files sit in a box for years .. also uscis will hire more people ..and hence the move to increase fees.
They still have to process the initial applications even if they sit in a box for years. The more they hire the more difficult they are to manage, the more the bureaucratic overhead, and the greater the chance of files getting lost in the big mountain of applications.
also dont forget that if most of us are lucky and eventually we become us citizens ..then we may have the need to sponsor someone (most likely I wont need it though) ..and finally neither of us can do anything about the same ..we can see the difficulty that US has in passing or scrapping any immigrations laws.
I refuse to sponsor anybody to have them waiting 30-100 years. Yes, I know political forces make it unlikely for any major changes in the law ... so they will continue to accept sibling GC applications while pretending that they will be granted within their lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever seen the types of jobs people get sponsored in skilled worker category? Everyone going through FB is generally eligible to go through EB route.
I disagree. Many or most people going through EB could have also gone via FB but not vice versa.

And even if everybody in FB can switch over to EB, the EB route does not have infinite chain migration. If siblings and adult children are not allowed, once the EB guy brings his wife and young children, who else can be brought? Yes, some people will start a company and hire their brother and sister, but only a small percentage can and will do that. If that becomes a pattern the solution is to have stricter criteria for revenue to ensure it isn't just a shell company for the purpose of bringing in relatives, and/or stricter criteria for what is considered "skilled worker".
Cutting down FB will only make EB more strained then it already is. People have already flipped over and will do so en masse to EB. I can say this with 100% certainty.
I'm saying to cut down FB which has already become useless for new applicants in certain categories, and redirect the EB numbers to EB. Not simply to cut down FB.

Jack; to be blunt; you are living in fantasy land.
No. I know there is almost no chance of what I am saying becoming official reality. Although it is already de facto reality due to how useless the worst retrogressed FB categories have become, and is actual reality for most other developed countries.

Chain migration is issue with immigration as a whole. People who go through EB eventually will want to get relatives here; mainly parents and then siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews.

I've posted this before but I will give an example:

Person A received greencard in religious category worker.

Person A brother in India died. Person A wants to bring deceased brothers son to USA. There plan was to have Person A, marry brother's wife; have brother's wife come to usa and then get son here. However, this would take too long.

Solution: Find restaurant to file perm labor/140 as a cook for son. If visas get increased then he will be here in no time.
And like I said before, if there is a pattern of people bringing in relatives via EB, tighten up the criteria for the employer and/or employees.

Whenever; you want to tighten up something there is unintended consequnces.

If you want to make everything pure; then there would be very little people getting EB immigration. If you only allowed big companies to get h-1b and apply for greencard (ie., revenues over $50 million or so); how many people who are getting them currently would be able to do so.

Many years ago; I thought getting EB greencard or h-1b was so specialized that you had to have some really serious skills that no american would have. As time as gone on; I have come to understand that this isn't so. it is actually pretty easy legally to get an EB greencard.
I see. So no changes should be made to a bad system because the changes will have unintended consequences?

They just need to look at immigration in a holistic manner when making changes, and not just restrict H1 without thinking of L1, restrict FB without thinking of EB etc. Of course, in reality they will neither make the changes I am suggesting nor make any other changes holistically, so you have nothing to worry about.... the system will continue to suck just the way you like it.

Interesting discussion

I just wanted to point out something. FB visas are about 4or5 to 1 compared to EB immigration.

When people speak of legal immigration to the USA for all intents and purposes most people think of family reunification. When they hit the wall with that then they may look at alternative routes including EB immigration, lottery, asylum or something else.

If the situation was in reverse, then the psychology would be that immigration is only possible on the basis of your skills and other routes and FB immigration are a token number. Then perhaps you would even find the situation in reverse as the message sent would be that the immigration system rewards skills and not family connections alone.
Any country should decide on immigration policy in its best self interest, not in the interests of a noisy few. FB immigration especially for siblings and adult children is not in this country's enlightened self interest. With due respect to Sen. Kennedy's viewpoint it has nothing to do with morality. Were it immoral the the inference is you are in effectively a borderless world.

I just wanted to point out something. FB visas are about 4or5 to 1 compared to EB immigration.

When people speak of legal immigration to the USA for all intents and purposes most people think of family reunification.
"Family reunification" is another farce in this immigration system. Why do people need to immigrate for family reunification? Because prior immigration in the name of family reunification caused their family to become more broken! So in order for the family to be reunited you have to bring in their brother's wife's sister's daughter's husbands' father's son's granny's brother and his cow and dog. The only way to reunite the family is to bring in the whole country or send everybody back!

Personally, i think primary applicant should take precedence over secondary applicants like parents/siblings and such. I have seen immigrants bringing their family members, start applying for social benefits for them and you know what, some of their parents are 60 plus year old, can't speak a word of English and have contributed nothing to the economy. All these people do is take up the GC and screw all us primary applicant over. If you are one of these people, stop complaining about a broken system coz you are the ones causing the problem! :mad: :mad:

would someone tell me whats going on? i dont get why the whitehouse is working on a immigration bill 2. so is the house, and the senate has yet to think about this.

I completely agree with you

Personally, i think primary applicant should take precedence over secondary applicants like parents/siblings and such. I have seen immigrants bringing their family members, start applying for social benefits for them and you know what, some of their parents are 60 plus year old, can't speak a word of English and have contributed nothing to the economy. All these people do is take up the GC and screw all us primary applicant over. If you are one of these people, stop complaining about a broken system coz you are the ones causing the problem! :mad: :mad:

Hi, I completely agree with you. I know at least 3 families personally where the immigrant woman married an american man (love of course-)))))), than brought 2-3 parents, siblings into this country who never paid a single dime in taxes. Healtcare is free for them of course and they get medicaid and food stamps and sometimes even section8. I have been paying taxes, medical insurance for at least 7 years but nobody cares about it of course. I went to an urgent care last week, they saw my daughter after 3 hour wait for 5 minutes than billed my insurance for 360 dollars. :) Tell me this system is not f***d up completely.

I have to agree with UN on this one...

...banta, your last question is self-defeating in my opinion. I guess, it doesn't matter whether you ask that question of when the bulletin will be out, in jest, or have really pinned your hopes on some 'miracle', the bottomline is that if you have understood this retrogression madness, even to some extent, you will not BOTHER asking that question.

It is totally irrelevant in my opinion. Sure, some can argue that it keeps their hopes alive. But I aruge that these are wayward and misguided hopes, and one will be better off directing these hopes elsewhere. Wanting to see these wretched bulletin is similar to being a sadist. First one shows desperation and begs and demands for it to be out soon, then follows great anguish, depression and hopelessness (as if you really expected some miracle).

I don't speculate on bulletin's anymore, nor engage in discussions about it's release or what magic may happen. I'm responding to your question only, because I would hope that nobody goes through the torment and torture of seeing dismal outcomes of these visa bulletins again and again. We must change focus and develop a certain amount of indifference to these bulletins...if we can't, we haven't learned very much from the past...

Expect some movement in the middle of year before october from unofficial lawyer sources may be this bulletin.

He may be dreaming!!!

Expect some movement in the middle of year before october from unofficial lawyer sources may be this bulletin.

oh!!! well... he might had a dream last night :) regarding the movement ...
the whole world knows what is going to happen ....:)

The "guess the bulletin" game is so boring...
Too easy to predict, unfortunately.

I think we should start a new game.