May Visa Bulletin

There is a small window of hope

If I am reading this bulletin correctly, I think there will be some forward movment in next 4 months.

According to the bulletin

F. VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

Recent discussions have indicated that both the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor still have a significant amount of cases in their backlog reduction efforts. As a result, the anticipated increase in demand has not yet materialized and may not for some time. Therefore, in an effort to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit, the Worldwide and Philippines Employment Third preference cut-off dates have been advanced by one year.

Unless there is a significant increase in Employment demand, it will be necessary to continue this rate of movement during the upcoming months. Such movement could be expanded to include other chargeability areas and preference categories.
One consequence of rapid cut-off date advancement is the inevitable increase in demand for numbers as adjustment of status cases are brought to conclusion at CIS Offices. Such increased demand could have dramatic impact on the cut-off dates. Readers will be provided as much advance notice as possible should this occur.

PD: Julu 7th, 2001
I-485 - Jan 3rd, 2005

the footnote at the bottom of the bulletin makes it seem like the next few bulletins would probably be better than this one

PD: Jul 2003, India

How come only focus on the positive. The last two sentences say things could be bleak too.

Because enough people focus on the negative already.

AND if you envision something you can achieve it, just like Oprah says.
Gosh! Haven't you read "The Secret"? Google it!

(last two lines to be read with a sarcastic tone)

UN,
You are focussing on the negative/positives and rules since you are an accounting man and look at facts. The downside at worst is to back to your country or to move to another country and that is not that bad of a trade anymore. So unless it is positive, the only thing that EB candidates can say is f... this.

How come only focus on the positive. The last two sentences say things could be bleak too.

Last year after all was said and done they wasted 10k EB visas. It's a lot if you consider that many EB categories are stuck at less than 3k per year!
Now they suddenly move EB3 ROW by 1 year!
Then they keep trying to beat up the dead horse of "Demand" by throwing in vague language about "backlogs".
Anybody who still believes that there is a method to this madness has to be insane himself!
The only thing you can do with this rotten to death system is pray and hope God will listen.

Enjoy your weekend folks!

Finally...:)

It has been a long and desperate wait, but finally there is some movement. Now only if my company lawyer wouldn't take another month or two to prepare the documents and hurry up....:(
For those whose date is current, hope all goes well, and those who are still waiting, hang in there, I feel your pain and pray for your progress too.

A little background info on me. EB3, World, RIR, PD is Nov 2002. I-140 got approved earlier this year and currently on 7th year H1-B, have a 3 year extension application in progress. Even though my PD is in 2002, I have been waiting since 2000 as my company delayed the GC process...:mad:

I am not very familiar with the I485 process, so had a few simple questions:

1) When can I apply for the Advance Parole? I would like to travel and see my parents after a long time. Also, will this impact my H1-B?

2) When during the I485 process can I put in the name of my spouse? I am not married, but was considering if this is a good time to find someone from the old country....:D

3) Don't ask how or why, but if I get married to a USC instead, is it worth filing through that route along with company sponsorship?

These may sound like weird questions, but all this time for some reason I had been waiting to settle down after I got my GC, but now I feel like life is cruising away so fast.

If someone could please answer these simple questions for me, it would be much appreciated and if anyone has any questions from me on my experience, I would be more than glad to share any info.

Stoned!

Hi Jackolantern,

Thanks for appreciating the info. I hope few days back someone had comments like dreaming.

Why can't you travel?
I travel on my H1B, although I have the GC application going on. Hasn't been a problem.