May, June 2005 Approvals - Biometrics Yet ?

Got biometric notice today for me and my wife...Appointment is on 08/09/2005...485 was approved on 06/15/2005...

One question,do we need to take 485 approval notice too with us for biometric...?????

No, just take the biometrics notice and a picture ID such as your passport or driver's license.

Just received biometrics notice for the wife and myself.
Will go to Charlotte on 08/26.
I-485 approved on 05/09/05.

No email notification, not LUD change.

I received biometrics notice (Code 2) for myself. Asked to appear on 08/13/05. I-485 approved on 06/01/05. My ASC is Hartford, CT.

Why only in Detroit!

mozaffar421 said:
Upon expiration of the maximum time set forth to wait for biometrics, I called the USCIS to know the status of our biometrics appnt. They advised me to go to the local INS office (Detroit) and discuss this issue.
I took the info pass appnt. and visited the INS office today. The officer on duty checked our status on his computer and told that Detroit area is lagging behind in regular schedule of Biometrics due to high volume of applicant. Our turn will depend on the local rush and how many people are ahead of us, so “just wait for the appropriate time and disregard this 60 days time frame”. However, officer also told us that if we have planned to go abroad, and can show the ticket only then he can stamp on the passport. In sum, no administrative action was taken on our today’s visit.
485 approvals: May 23, 2005 (Nebraska/Detroit)
Any experience of Biometrics in Detroit area?
mozaffar421,
If you look at recent postings in this thread many people are getting biometric notices from the last week and they are from different places not from one place, seems we(Detroit) also will get biometric notices soon !! one last breath .. hold it ...

My I485 was approved on 06/01/2005 and my biometric was schedule on 08/08/05. How many days it will take from 08/08/05 to get physical card.

Biometrics-Michigan

cobra123 said:
My I485 was approved on 06/01/2005 and my biometric was schedule on 08/08/05. How many days it will take from 08/08/05 to get physical card.

It seems cobra123 from Michigan. Hopefully Michigan cases will be getting biometrics soon.

cobra, based on what I've seen, the card gets ordered the same day as the biometrics are completed. It is then mailed a couple business day later.

I did my biometrics at 9 am on 8/1 and I received a "card ordered" email at 9:30 pm on the same day.

So if my observations are correct, I will hopefully receive a "card mailed" e-mail tomorrow and I maybe I will have the card in my hands by this weekend.

Keep us updated on this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Biometrics - Plastic Card

Our cases were approved on 5/12/2005.
Both of US Cards ordered on 07/28/2005.
Recieved Bio metrics on 07/29/2005 and scheduled for 08/18

Cards posted for me on 08/02.
My wife's status didn't change.

I am from VA.

No Biometric code 2 - Card Ordered

Hi all

I have done the 551 stamping and waiting for biometric code 2. Got email yesterday - Card ordered ...Please find the details in my signature

Biometric Index printing

Hi Friends,

For biometric Index printing, does INS take finger print on one hand or two hand indexes. And what kind of form need to fill and sign? Could you please clarify??

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The right hand index print. You'll sign on a computer screen with a pen. There is no paper involved in this process.

Biometrics in Seattle

My case was approved on 05/11 and I am still waiting for Biometrics notice. Looks like Seattle too has a long wait for Biometrics. Good that I got my PP stamping done. I have taken an infopass appointment for next week to talk to the immigration officer. I am not expecting much to happen there.

Do we have any body from Seattle in this forum.

Any comments on my case?

--- alan1

alan1 said:
My case was approved on 05/11 and I am still waiting for Biometrics notice. Looks like Seattle too has a long wait for Biometrics. Good that I got my PP stamping done. I have taken an infopass appointment for next week to talk to the immigration officer. I am not expecting much to happen there.

Do we have any body from Seattle in this forum.

Any comments on my case?

--- alan1

I am still waiting for my 485 approval but I already did Biometrics (Code 2) on June 16. I live in Seattle.

Biometrics code 2 reschedule

I got biometric code 2 notice for last week of august, I will be travelling on that day as er my other plans, is it possible that I can go earlier and get it done?
where can I get the contact number of local uscis offices?

Has anyone received a "card mailed" email recently? My card was ordered on Monday and it's now Thursday and nothing so far. I thought that the card itself was mailed 2 or 3 days after it was ordered.

Card Mailed

Just got an e-mail, that my card mailed today.

EB2/India/NSC
I-485 ND Jan 2004
I-485 AD June 6, 2005
Biometric Jul 30, 2005
Card Ordered Aug 1, 2005
Card Mailed Aug 4, 2005

Thanks.