May, June 2005 Approvals - Biometrics Yet ?

aap,

When did you call 800 number. If you get any updates can you send me a private message.

Thanks

No Biometrics yet.. Approved 5/11

No biometrics yet.. Mine and my wife's 485 were approved on 05/11..

Approval letters came on 05/16 with message 'Do not take any action at this time.. Call 1-800 number after 60 days'. Still I took the INFOPASS appintments for 06/09 and went for stamping.. After a little hesitation they stamped us for one year.. I waited for 60 days and then called USCIS.. the customer service lady told me she does not have any updates on this and asked me to write to NSC for further information..

Has any body gone through similar situation (passed 60 days)? I am not sure if I should just wait or write to NSC?

Please comment.

- alan1

Help!!!

Hi, Guys
Does anyone know why this happened to me? Since you all have approval notice then, come the biometrics appointment, but I got the biometrics appointment today, but my case is still pending. could anyone explain this to me, any opinion is welcomed!

Its normal!

Well!! Its normal now a days!!!
INS is changing few things and one of that is avoiding Passport stamping in future. In order to impliment that ........they are now taking biometric before hand and once I-485 is approved they will directly send card to you in short period. I hope this helps!

My I-485 was approved on 20th June. I have not received biometric notice yet. I don't know what is going on.

I have seen some post on the message board about "welcome letter". what is welcome letter? Does everyone receives it after approval? I have not received any welcome letter. Is this normal? I have only received approval notice.

Based on what I read, you get a letter welcoming you as a permanent resident of the US right before your card arrives.

Some people never receive it. Others get 8 copies!

Hi all,
MY 485 approved on june 27th and not receive the biometric notice yet. Last week I went to local office for pp stamping,( Needed as I am not sure whether EAD is valid or not after 485 approval as am changing JOB), They did the stamping with out any problem. but the question is, do INS send biometric notice? If they send, will local office take the biometric's again?

Thanks

Well, if you have not done your biometric code 2 ( digital index finger print and digital photo by INS ) earlier, you are likely to get a biometric notice and you have to appear at the INS office listed in the notice for the same.

Good luck.

sree9999 said:
Hi all,
MY 485 approved on june 27th and not receive the biometric notice yet. Last week I went to local office for pp stamping,( Needed as I am not sure whether EAD is valid or not after 485 approval as am changing JOB), They did the stamping with out any problem. but the question is, do INS send biometric notice? If they send, will local office take the biometric's again?

Thanks

Not yet!

Friends,
No biometric notice yet!, no lud change after June 30th (485 approved on 6/30).

I got my 485 approval on 1st July, and waiting for the Biometric notice now. I have a question regarding the biometrics. In January, when I applied for my EAD through online, I went to the local office and they took my digital photo and index finger print. Can this be considered as the Code 2 biometric, and I don't need any more biometrics further?

I am planning to walk-in to the local center to get my PP stamped, and just wondering if I should have to go again for biometrics.

Biometrics

What i observed was if Biometrics code 2 (for EAD or 485) was given after March (starting from April), they will be fine.. No need to go for biometrics again.. My guess was after April local offices might be taking Photo with new specifications. I was given my FP on March 18th .. so waiting for biometrics .. spouse was given on Apr 14th .. got GreenCard. Our cases were approved on 6/30.

- Question On Biometrics -

Hi guys,
My wife received the notice for Biometrics to appear at local INS detroit center on 08/10/05. Her I-485 is still need to be apprved. Her notic date for I-485 is Jan 2004.

Usually, when will INS send the notice for biometrics. I read in this thread that some folks did not receive the biometrics even after the I-485 is approved.

Please clarify with more information.

svenug

who issue Biometric notice - NSC or local service center?

I am still waiting for Biometric notice. I am wondering who issues Biometric notice? Is it Nebraska service center or Local service center? As we have to go to local service center for Biometric, my guess is Local service center issues Biometric notices. Please verify if anyone has any idea.

What is Happening!

Friends,
I saw so many threads on biometric notice's last week .. why they are not sending to already approved case's. If no appointments available at local centers, how others are getting biometric notice's?. Did any approved case's get biometric notice, those who got approval during June?.

FP notice from local office

EB2/India, NSC
I-485 approved on June 6, 2005.
It says, do not take any action at this time, wait for biometric notice.
----
Today I went to Chicago office for PP stamping using infopass appointment.
Office told they no longer do PP stamping.
You have to go for biometric.
I said, the notice says wait for biometric, but I didn't receive any notice yet,
and I'm little concerned about emergency travel.
She collected my I-485 approval notice, and drivers license.
She replied, you have to go for biometric notice.
I asked, when I'm going to receive the notice.
She said, she will schedule right away. Tell me which day and location you would like to go.
And then told me a few application centres.
I replied to schedule for coming sat in a location I went for EAD FP.
She printed a fingerprint notice for coming sat which shows my Alien number, LIN(485), and time between 8 a.m. and 3.00 p.m.
and returned along with my I-485 approval notice and DL.
And no PP stamping.

Even after 3 hours no change in either LUD or message.

Anyone had similar experience?
Am I going to get another biometric notice after this?

I got my 485 approval on 1st July. The notice says they will either send for biometrics or the greencard, whichever is applicable. Today I went to the local office, and asked for PP stamping. There were no questions asked, and I got my PP stamped for 1 yr till 24th July 2006. The process took about 2minutes. This is in Kansas City.

Got Approval on 24th May 2005, stamped in june without fingerprint/photos.
Didn't recieve biometric till now, when I called to customer service he asked me to wait for 30-60 days starting fron today for biometric notice.