May, June 2005 Approvals - Biometrics Yet ?

Hello gurus
I see everyone talking about biometrics. I am wondering what is that and when do they call you for the same. My PD is Dec 2002 and I140/I485 filed in Oct 2004, FP done in Nov 2004 and I140 approved, should I have received the biometrics by now. If yes then what shuld I do.

Pls guide
Thanks

Any June approvers still waiting for biometric notice?

Friends,
Any June approvals looking for bio code 2 notices?. No notice or LUD change on my case . Check out other posts for details.

Thanks

Update for an analysis

Email says my cards mailed out yesterday. Please see signature for details.

Good luck for those who are waiting.

Originally Posted by jk_GC
Any June approvals looking for bio code 2 notices?. No notice or LUD change on my case . Check out other posts for details.

I am still waiting for Bio code 2 notices. My I-485 was approved on June 20th.
I am from Indianapolis area. Anyone from Indianapolis area who recently received Bio notices?

Biometric notices are issued after I-485 approval..?

MJones said:
I am still waiting for Bio code 2 notices. My I-485 was approved on June 20th.
I am from Indianapolis area. Anyone from Indianapolis area who recently received Bio notices?

Bit confused....I received Biometric is scheduled on Aug 9 but my I 485 is not approved!!

Whats the sequence?
Biometric notice follows after I 485 approval OR
I 485 is approved after Biometric (because Biometric is type of Finger printing)

Thanks in advance

Its Either way

malia said:
Bit confused....I received Biometric is scheduled on Aug 9 but my I 485 is not approved!!

Whats the sequence?
Biometric notice follows after I 485 approval OR
I 485 is approved after Biometric (because Biometric is type of Finger printing)

Thanks in advance

I have my Biometrics Code 2 scheduled for tomorrow but my 485 is not approved yet. Maybe, this is something new they have started so as to reduce the backlog. I don't know.

Nsc

mozaffar421 said:
Some one has told me that This Biometrics for 485 is confined to Nebraska service center, VT,TX, and CA service centers doesn't ask for the same, is this correct?????

don't know about other centers. I am with NSC and I just had my Biometric Code 2 for 485 done an hour ago.

Card received

Card received today.

EB2/India/NSC
PD Dec 2002
I-485 ND Jan 2004
I-485 AD Jun 6, 2005
Biometric Jul 30, 2005
CO Aug 1, 2005
CM Aug 4, 2005
CR Aug 6, 2005

This completes my GC process, but my spouse and child are still waiting for I-485 approval.

thanks.

Do one has to take Infopass for Biomtrics..?

My Biometric is scheduled on Aug 9. As Biometric notice mentions the "Time" to appear for Biometric, do I have to take Infopass appointment also?

I am taking Biometric in Columbus, Ohio.

SK_Chicago said:
Card received today.

Congratulations SK! Mine also mailed on Thursday but I have not gotten it yet. Do you mind looking at the postmark and tell me if it was indeed mailed on 8/4 and whether it mailed from Lincoln or elsewhere?

Just curious. I'll probably get it on Monday but it surprised me when it didn't come in today since all notices from NSC only take 2 days to reach me.

Thanks in advance!

From KY, that would explain the delay. Thank you for taking the time to look at it. I'm leaving for a business trip in a few days, it'd be great to come back using the card instead of using the 551 stamp therefore having to go through secondary inspection.

Biometric done at POE (Cincinatti) - entry by using Advance Parole

cfiler said:
MJones, I just checked and my LUD has not changed.

I entered the US with my AP in November (so not very recently) and they didn't take any biometrics. I doubt that the POE biometrics would be good enough for the card since they probably didn't capture your signature and the picture that they may have taken would have a very busy background, too busy to use for card production.

Me & my family entered US with AP on Aug 2 in Cincinatti, OH and officer to took our Left & right Index finger prints, as well he took our pictures also.

we cut short our vacation to appaear for Biometric, which is scheduled on Aug 9.

Biometric And Passport Stamping

My Biometric is scheduled on Aug 9. As Biometric notice mentions the "Time" to appear for Biometric, are they going to stamp my passport too..???

Can anyone (who has already gone for biometric) pls let me know????..
Will appreciate yr response.... :confused:

Also do i have to take photos also for biometric..If yes then how many????

Notice does'nt say anything about photos...

Last edited by a moderator:
is your 485 approved?

usa_gc_waiting said:
My Biometric is scheduled on Aug 9. As Biometric notice mentions the "Time" to appear for Biometric, are they going to stamp my passport too..???

Can anyone (who has already gone for biometric) pls let me know????..
Will appreciate yr response.... :confused:

Also do i have to take photos also for biometric..If yes then how many????

Notice does'nt say anything about photos...

usa_gc
has your 485 been approved?

biometrics

i don't think your passport will be stamped especially if you are going to a service center for biometrics. however, just take your passport along in case
they are going to stamp it.

goodluck