May 2011 Filers

The RFE comes in the mail. There is no guarantee that you're supposed to receive mail the day after it was mailed. There is no cause for concern.

Lildgt190 I send mine on 11th May did my bio on 8th June nothing as yet too I think you should give it more two weeks which seems approx from other post

7/10/11

still nothing

7/28/2011

still nothing

IL
8/8/2011

Last edited by a moderator:
we have received EAD and and our green card has been approved

04/07/2011 - Package sent By Fedex (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)
04/11/2011 - Package Received (Signed by S. Bush) chicago
04/21/2011 - Received Text Messages and Email Notificaion
04/22/2011 - Check cashed
04/26/2011 - Recieved NOA1 in mail
04/29/2011 - Received finger Prints
05/23/2011 - Received Interview Letter.... interview is one month later
06/10/2011 - EAD Card Production on USCIS website
06/18/2011 - EAD recieved .
06/23/2011 - Interview --- Approved yeahhh!!

Experience..

Approved Green card
Our interview was in Chicago
We arrived 1-1/2 hr earlier, so waited very long. I was surprised to see everyone was with a lawyer except me and one other couple. The couple without a lawyer went before us and came out very happy. In my opinion if you have straight forward case then you do not need a lawyer.
The officer was very professional, and polite. The interview last around half an hour. At the start he took oath. He asked a lot of question about marriage. For example, when and where we met first time? Was it coincident or some kind of set up? What was my intent to come to the United States, further, how many times I visited earlier? How long did I stay last time? Did I take any visa extension? Why we decided to marry just in two months after we met. He asked my wife address priory to marriage, and my address to my wife. Then he asked yes/no question from I-485. Then he started seeing original documents such as marriage certificate and naturalization certificates. Furthermore, he asked do I have social security number. I said no, I just applied for one, then he asked show me everything that you have in order to prove you are living together. We showed joined bank statements, banks checks, utility bills, health insurance cards, club membership cards, and some health insurance expenses. He looked at everything and kept copies in the file, than he asked show me photo album, so he went through photos and took out some photos from the album and put into the file. That’s it, he said I’m approving your case and within a month you will received a welcome package and green card. At the end he explained about green card that it will be conditional for 2 years, and he kept I-94. He said now you will travel with your green card.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Thanks Chicago Office. very very Quick.. Completed everything just in under 3 months…

Good luck everyone and be confident in interview

we have received EAD and and our green card has been approved

04/07/2011 - Package sent By Fedex (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)
04/11/2011 - Package Received (Signed by S. Bush) chicago
04/21/2011 - Received Text Messages and Email Notificaion
04/22/2011 - Check cashed
04/26/2011 - Recieved NOA1 in mail
04/29/2011 - Received finger Prints
05/23/2011 - Received Interview Letter.... interview is one month later
06/10/2011 - EAD Card Production on USCIS website
06/18/2011 - EAD recieved .
06/23/2011 - Interview --- Approved yeahhh!!

Experience..

Approved Green card
Our interview was in Chicago
We arrived 1-1/2 hr earlier, so waited very long. I was surprised to see everyone was with a lawyer except me and one other couple. The couple without a lawyer went before us and came out very happy. In my opinion if you have straight forward case then you do not need a lawyer.
The officer was very professional, and polite. The interview last around half an hour. At the start he took oath. He asked a lot of question about marriage. For example, when and where we met first time? Was it coincident or some kind of set up? What was my intent to come to the United States, further, how many times I visited earlier? How long did I stay last time? Did I take any visa extension? Why we decided to marry just in two months after we met. He asked my wife address priory to marriage, and my address to my wife. Then he asked yes/no question from I-485. Then he started seeing original documents such as marriage certificate and naturalization certificates. Furthermore, he asked do I have social security number. I said no, I just applied for one, then he asked show me everything that you have in order to prove you are living together. We showed joined bank statements, banks checks, utility bills, health insurance cards, club membership cards, and some health insurance expenses. He looked at everything and kept copies in the file, than he asked show me photo album, so he went through photos and took out some photos from the album and put into the file. That’s it, he said I’m approving your case and within a month you will received a welcome package and green card. At the end he explained about green card that it will be conditional for 2 years, and he kept I-94. He said now you will travel with your green card.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Thanks Chicago Office. very very Quick.. Completed everything just in under 3 months…

Good luck everyone and be confident in interview

That's unbelievably fast! Congrats, I hope my case goes nearly as fast as yours!!

WOW - That is awesome Chicago777
I think we have a pretty straight forward case and do not have a lawyer either - but I was wondering where are you from originally?
I have been in the States 15 years (J1 and F1 visa ... bachelors, masters and now PhD - always in status) and met my husband a year ago - we got married in April of this year. You said that you just came to the US and got married two months after? Did you know your wife before? How much elaboration did the IO want - or could you answer short and sweet? I don't know when I get nervous I talk a lot and it seems to me that sometimes they frown on that. Do you have any other advice? Were there a lot of people in the waiting room? Would you recommend memorizing everything on the form? Actually any more details would be much appreciated.

Congratulation Chicago777, please post your interview story on the thread " Marriage Based Interview Experiences" it would be so helpful for others.

WOW - That is awesome Chicago777
I think we have a pretty straight forward case and do not have a lawyer either - but I was wondering where are you from originally?
I have been in the States 15 years (J1 and F1 visa ... bachelors, masters and now PhD - always in status) and met my husband a year ago - we got married in April of this year. You said that you just came to the US and got married two months after? Did you know your wife before? How much elaboration did the IO want - or could you answer short and sweet? I don't know when I get nervous I talk a lot and it seems to me that sometimes they frown on that. Do you have any other advice? Were there a lot of people in the waiting room? Would you recommend memorizing everything on the form? Actually any more details would be much appreciated.

Ozma,
There were not many couples, may be 7. It might be because interviews were timely scheduled. In fact when I finished my interview, I saw just one couple waiting for the interview. In addition to that I’m from Pakistan. I didn’t know my wife prior to coming to USA, and I believe short answer is good, and we gave short answers and waited for questions from him. I would suggest discussing your story and related questions with your partner many times before going to interview so that you both should be on the same page. In my opinion the question they asked were related to 1) Eligibility, 2) real marriage and 3) prove of living together. As far as I-485. You should know each other address, phone number, Date of birth and related information. Further, they asked about our Parents and if we met each other parents, and had their approval before marriage

Good Luck all!!!

walk-in in Westchester bronx

How was the walk-in in Westchester bronx? Did they ask anything or was it smooth. Our ASC is also probably that and I would like to get some info about walk-in. Which day and time did you do walk-in.

An update: just got my Biometrics appointment. My appointment is actually on the day of my final for summer classes. Any chance I can do an early Walk In in Westchester bronx? Also I forgot my I-693 Medical form on the package...I want to send it but customer rep wants me to wait for the notice...Its currently on NVC...Any suggestions...

May 20th: Sent Package (I-130,I-485 and I-765)
May 23rd: Packaged Received
June 8th: Electronic Notifications received.
June 8th: I-130 Check and I-485 Check cashed.
June 16th: Biometrics Appointment for July 7th.
June 17th: Early Walk In for Biometrics done.

The Walk-in was pretty smooth. I came in at mid day around 2 there were only 2 people there. You are greeted by a security guard. I asked to do a walk in biometrics and he asked for a reason why you cant make it. Then you fill out an application then he stamps your appointment letter then gives you a number. Which was pretty useless since there was nobody there. The lady calls you, takes your finger print and picture and thats it. I was there prob 10 minutes. I went mid day cause i figured that it would be busy in the morning with people's regular appointment...

Thanks, asj2346. So, I think we should have a reason to do walk-in and cannot just go in.

The Walk-in was pretty smooth. I came in at mid day around 2 there were only 2 people there. You are greeted by a security guard. I asked to do a walk in biometrics and he asked for a reason why you cant make it. Then you fill out an application then he stamps your appointment letter then gives you a number. Which was pretty useless since there was nobody there. The lady calls you, takes your finger print and picture and thats it. I was there prob 10 minutes. I went mid day cause i figured that it would be busy in the morning with people's regular appointment...

I also sent out my package in May last week actually but haven't yet received my first NOA hopefully sometime this week it'll come...

Thanks your

Thanks, asj2346. So, I think we should have a reason to do walk-in and cannot just go in.

I think they just want to hear of one...Im pretty sure you can just make one up like a reunion or birthday or anniversary or something...good luck

Hey guys I am new to the feed. I applied on May 5, 2011 and I did a walk-in biometrics on May 24. I applied both I-485/EAD. I have yet to hear back for an interview or my EAD. Has anyone in May heard back for an EAD as of yet??

Hey guys I am new to the feed. I applied on May 5, 2011 and I did a walk-in biometrics on May 24. I applied both I-485/EAD. I have yet to hear back for an interview or my EAD. Has anyone in May heard back for an EAD as of yet??

Hey,

I sent in my application the same date as you.

I received my IL on June 22 and on July 5th, my EAD card was ordered when I checked the site.