May 2011 Filers

papu: wow that was pretty quick for you. did you get a text/email notifying you of the IL being sent? think you'll get your EAD before your interview? which city are you applying from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Polar..I did not receive and text notification.I Got a letter...I dont care much about the EAD as i have H1B .......

any may filers from chicago area? i filed mine last may 11 and didnt get anything yet til now.

Eliaho,...I'm from chicago ... you should call them. it's been a month now

04/07/2011 - Package sent By Fedex (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)
04/11/2011 - Package Received (Signed by S. Bush) chicago
04/21/2011 - Received Text Messages and Email Notificaion
04/22/2011 - Check cashed
04/26/2011 - Recieved NOA1 in mail
04/29/2011 - Received finger Prints
05/23/2011 - Received Interview Letter.... interview is one month later
06/10/2011 - EAD Card Production on USCIS website

Anyone knows How long it will take EAD in mail ????

Hi All,

Anybody heard anything else - I am obsessively checking online! I couldn't do the walk-in, but I get to do the biometrics on Monday, June 20th. How long after your biometrics did any of you see any action either online or via the mail. And generally how long before you heard about the date of the interview? My husband wants to go to Brazil in September, but there is no way I will leave the country (even with Advanced Parole), just too freaked out about all the stories I heard - about people not being allowed back in. I think that might be a trip he will have to take alone - would that be a problem for the immigration officers? Also, I was curious about the I-130 when/how do you hear if that was approved?

5/17/11 - Sent Package
5/18/11 - Received Package
5/24/11 - Received e-mail notification for I-485, I-130, I-765
5/24/11 - Checks cashed
5/25/11 - Last activity on account based on online tool
5/28/11 - Biometrics appointment letter (for 6/20/11)

An update: just got my Biometrics appointment. My appointment is actually on the day of my final for summer classes. Any chance I can do an early Walk In in Westchester bronx? Also I forgot my I-693 Medical form on the package...I want to send it but customer rep wants me to wait for the notice...Its currently on NVC...Any suggestions...

May 20th: Sent Package (I-130,I-485 and I-765)
May 23rd: Packaged Received
June 8th: Electronic Notifications received.
June 8th: I-130 Check and I-485 Check cashed.
June 16th: Biometrics Appointment for July 7th.
June 17th: Early Walk In for Biometrics done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received an email notification saying that my interview date is set for 07/20. I haven't received any updates on EAD or AP though. I was under the impression that I would hear about EAD/AP before the interview

@forjose: did your USCIS online case status got updated as well regarding receiving your interview letter? congratulations, btw!

Yes, the online status is updated to "Testing and Interview" stage. The email just says the date of the interview. I guess I'll have to wait for the actual letter in mail to see the time and other info.

@forjose: did your USCIS online case status got updated as well regarding receiving your interview letter? congratulations, btw!

wow frjose congrats!! I did my biometrics yesterday...didnt try to do a walk in bc its too far from where I live....by then received a RFE for current tax return papers which i had already sent but oh well I'll be sending that this week....

thanks! and hope you get the RFE taken care of soon. I have one month for the interview, but every single day feels like a whole month with all the wait and the anxiety!

wow frjose congrats!! I did my biometrics yesterday...didnt try to do a walk in bc its too far from where I live....by then received a RFE for current tax return papers which i had already sent but oh well I'll be sending that this week....

looks like a majority of the folks get their EADs around the 50-60 day mark whether or not they did walk-in biometrics earlier...going by that time frame, you should hear soon about EAD polar :)

ugh...i want my EAD already!!! come on!!! :p

I sent out my application and USCIS got it on may 10th,2011 (I-765, I-130, I-485, g28 and etc..)
completed biometrics on june 8th, 2011 and now i'm still waiting for a response...

How long do i have to wait for an interview and the working CARD???

Hey All,

Good start to my weekend!!! I got this notice on the USCIS website, still waiting for the letter: "On June 24, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for July 27, 2011, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. Please follow the instructions on the notice."

No info on EAD yet though - is this normal? To hear about interview before EAD?

Also, Chicago777 did you have your interview yet? Details please :) How did it go? Where was it? I am also from Chicago.

5/17/11 - Sent Package
5/18/11 - Received Package
5/24/11 - Received e-mail notification for I-485, I-130, I-765
5/24/11 - Checks cashed
5/25/11 - Last activity on account based on online tool
5/28/11 - Biometrics appointment letter (for 6/20/11)
6/20/11 - Biometrics Done (they were very nice)
6/24/11 - Text indicating Activity online (at 7:30 am) in morning - I jumped up so fast to get to the computer!
6/24/11 - Notice stating that interview will be on July 27 - no EAD action though

So i got a notice for an RFE...sucks i know...but so far i didnt receive it...is this normal? i thought i would get it the following day but nothing... anybody had the same experience?