May 2009 Visa Bulletin is out

justdoit

Registered Users (C)
EB2 INDIA still at 15 FEB 2004 (no change compared to Apr 09 bulletin)
EB3 INDIA is now UNAVAILABLE.

{All EB3 is UNAVAILABLE}

So, looks like EB3 will need to wait until Oct 09 for new quota.

This is absolutely nonsense. Ind Eb3 Just moved until Nov1st2001 and now it went to un-available.

Jesus Chris.

How many people are there with PD2001 and how come all visas are RANOUT for this year?????????????

Total disappointment.

may be eb2 will be unavailable in June... what is going on here? I thought clintons will support some changes

Is this really a disappointment or maybe an opportunity to hope that something good is cooking behind the scene?

Looks like they just want the numbers to go waste and not give out greencards in these tough economic times.

Is this really a disappointment or maybe an opportunity to hope that something good is cooking behind the scene?

Hope is the only thing left there mate. when bush led CIR went through the senate and house, every one was hoping something good will come out of it. Legals are silent and their counter parts (illegals ) are working hard to get their side straight. organisations like IV etc are very silent. not sure why. did everyone lost their hopes.
Only a mass response could get this problems fixed.

Did anybody saw the May'09 visa bulletin ticker on the Shusterman website...

Along with Unavailability, it also mentions below

"Despite the fact that the USCIS will no longer be able to approve applications for AOS under Eb-3 category, they continue to RFE and deny such applications, after that, such persons are placed in removal proceedings."

can somebody explain to me - is that applicable to all the EB3 category peoples waiting for the pending 485 approval???

What on earth are you talking about????? The numbers haven't gone to waste - they have all been allocated.
I don't think you or me can prove anything (waste or not). Unless the State Dept. releases specific numbers on what's allocated and what's not at any given time.

I don't think you or me can prove anything (waste or not). Unless the State Dept. releases specific numbers on what's allocated and what's not at any given time.

In the visa bulletin, the State Department has said exactly that. Emphasis mine:

The cut-off dates for the Employment Third and Third preference “Other Worker” categories were held and then retrogressed in an effort to bring demand within the average monthly usage targets and the overall annual numerical limits. Despite these efforts, the amount of demand received from Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices for adjustment of status cases with priority dates that were significantly earlier than the established cut-off dates remained extremely high. As a result, these annual limits have been reached and both categories have become “Unavailable.”

All the EB3 numbers have been given out. There may be some left over in the last part of the year based on returned visas and EB1/EB2 spillover, but don't hold your breath.

I don't think, EB2-I will be unavailable for FY 2009. At least there would be a 10,000 spill over visa from EB1 category. As per, Charles's (DOS) testimony to Congress last year, EB1 spill over will go to EB2 and this will not have any per-country limit for spill over visas. Strictly, this spill over visas will be allotted based on Priority date. In EB2 categories, only India and China are retrogressed. China has cut off date 15 Feb 2005 hence all spill over visas will go to EB2-I with priority date earlier than 15 FEB 2005. If still spill over visa available, it will go EB2 India and EB2 China in order of priority dates.
Definitely, in July 2009 visa Bulletin (Normally State Department allots spill over visa in last quarter) EB2 India will hit early 2006 cut off dates. I did following analysis on other forum last month:

DOL approved labor as follow
For India (all category assume 50% are EB2)
2005 : 1350 (EB2-I : 675)
2006 : 22298 (EB2-I : 11149)
2007 : 24573 (EB2-I : 12286)
2007 before July 2007 (approximately 65%)
July 2007 : 15972 (EB2-I : 7986)

2007 labor approval is for FY (up to Sept 07). If person have approved labor before July 2007, 99% he/she might have filed I 485.

Consider derivative (Dependent) factor : 2.5
Following numbers of I 485 pending applications for EB2-I:

2006 : 27872
2007 : 19965

Total : 47837

As per Sen Kyl's information pending I 485 for EB2 India : 51717
EB2-I PD before 1 Jan 2006 are 51717 less 47837 = 3880

Fairly break up of EB2-I would be as follow:

PD Before 31 Dec 2005 : 3880 (if we consider 50% margin of error could not be more than 5820)
PD Before 31 Dec 2006 : 31752 (3880 + 27872)
PD before July 2007 : 51717 (3880 +27872 + 19965)

If this data is true, It would be easily hit early 2006 cut off date for EB2-I in August/Sept 2009 VB

Good luck Guys !!!

may be eb2 will be unavailable in June... what is going on here? I thought clintons will support some changes

The bill "H.R. 5882" (Unused Immigrant Visas recapture) did not go through in 2008.
Can similiar bill can be introduced now ?

The bill "H.R. 5882" (Unused Immigrant Visas recapture) did not go through in 2008.
Can similiar bill can be introduced now ?
It can be introduced now if they want to, but the economy and the wars are bigger priorities. Don't expect it to be reintroduced, debated, amended, voted, and signed by the president this year.