May 2009 | I-751 Filers

Congrats to you, too, Helper!! I hope my case goes as smoothly as yours!

Thanks Praetorian for your reply, I hope it's going to be like you say...

Hey guys, what a great news!! Congrats Praetorian, wtnginatl and ttinatl!! I am glad you guys got your GCs already! It gives me hope I may get mine next month. I was checking this forum for a while but there was some deep silence... and tonight I decided to see what's going on... and here is such a great news about you! So how long did it take for you guys since they received I-751? I am also checking USCIS web site but there is also silence. Maybe it is good... The last 2 updates were posted after my BIO...

thanks magdaj

it took 140 days since rd
look at my timeline

Guys,
i assume most of us already got their green cards and will apply for citizenship. Since we all married we able to apply after 2 years and 9 months having our greencards(including conditional).

Because, i am going to apply , I would like to clarify few points:

1. What exact papers and forms should we file?
2. Where on this forum can i find more info about the whole process?

thanks everyone

I see nobody has been checking this thread lately....
Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that my I-751 has been approved on Nov 16th, and today I got the congratulations letter :) Now I am waiting for the green card to arrive.
But I was so misled checking updates on USCIS website... even now 3 days after my case has been approved it says I am at the "initial review" stage....

Thanks! I am so happy this is all over... I am planning, just like you, to apply for the citizenship next year... But the PR was the priority... you can exist without the citizenship ;)
Thank you for your help!

Dziekuje Ttinatl!

Thanks Austriacus! And good luck to you! What's the update on your case? You're right, not having to drive to San Antonio was great!

Finally some update today :)
Card production ordered... they say it might take up to 30 days... but I wonder how long it will actually take.... How long did you have to wait for it to arrive?

As far as the update... it changed from Initial review yesterday to card production today... crazy!

I got the GC today!! :) I would have probably gotten it yesterday but it was a holiday...
Of course, there is a mistake on it... it has the wrong "resident since" date... and the funny thing is that in 2007 my original conditional card had the same mistake... I went to the Local Office then to have this corrected and I sent a special form with my card included... They did correct it and I got a corrected card then... but there we go again... they still stick to the same mistake. Well, I won't do anything about it yet... the expiration date is correct... I am flying out of the country in a week (I was lucky I got it in time before my trip), and maybe when I get back, I will try to correct it.

Have a great holiday season!

I got the GC today!! :) I would have probably gotten it yesterday but it was a holiday...
Of course, there is a mistake on it... it has the wrong "resident since" date... and the funny thing is that in 2007 my original conditional card had the same mistake... I went to the Local Office then to have this corrected and I sent a special form with my card included... They did correct it and I got a corrected card then... but there we go again... they still stick to the same mistake. Well, I won't do anything about it yet... the expiration date is correct... I am flying out of the country in a week (I was lucky I got it in time before my trip), and maybe when I get back, I will try to correct it.

Have a great holiday season!

Congratulations magdaj u got ur approval quick~~~ CAN YOU PLS TELL us what evidence you sent?

Don't rely on the online status check feature ; i received my approval letter today but my online status still reads initial review.

Congratulations magdaj u got ur approval quick~~~ CAN YOU PLS TELL us what evidence you sent?

Well, I was a bit worried because the evidence we sent wasn't a lot...
Form, money, Bank statements for two accounts (in both names), car insurance in both names, car title (both our names on it), mail sent to both of us, but also separate mail with the same address on it, photos with both of us together (photos printed on a regular paper), sam's club cards. We also had 3 letters from friends/family stating that we are a legitimate couple. I don't recall anything else... We didn't even have tax returns together.... And it was enough for them!
I hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: