May 2009 | I-751 Filers

I wonder whose will get processed first? :p

Your package is too heavy. Probably, nobody will want to pick it up... ;)

Seriously, though. I'm curious to see that, too.

Hopefully, both our applications will progress fast. I wish I could get my new card before I go to Europe in July, but I guess that's rather unlikely at VSC.

Ever wonder what happened to Austriacus? :confused:

Hi Praetorian, old buddy! And hi to all others too! :D

What happened to Austriacus is that his wife moved in with him (if you remember, we lived in different cities), giving up her job and school. So Austriacus chose to spend more quality time with his wife and less time immigrationportalling. :p

Since then we spent lots of time moving to a larger apartment, acquiring all kinds of fun stuff for the new apartment on craigslist, preparing for my mom's 3 month visit by testing out all IKEA sofa beds, and helping to prepare income taxes for about five people (which turns into an exercise lasting from February to April each year). Oh, and inbetween I finally finished my Master's degree work after 8 years, graduating in 2 weeks. Next major project will be I-751 for us also. I don't even remember when my 90 day clock starts, end of June I think! Looks like I'll be a June filer but I don't mind hanging with you May I-751 filers!

Austriacus!!! :D

Man is good to hear from you. I thought your USC wife kidnapped you and kept you from us FOREVER :p.

I'm glad life is treating you well and welcome back (for a little while). You sure can hang out with us May Filers ;)

Processed, May 11, 2009, 10:30 pm, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35222

It should be on its way! :)

Hi Praetorian,

I was just wondering what to you do in Birmingham. You at UAB or work and if you work which company. Just wondering I have been here for 5 years now.

Hi Praetorian,

I was just wondering what to you do in Birmingham. You at UAB or work and if you work which company. Just wondering I have been here for 5 years now.

Right now I am working for a Bank, out of Montgomery, AL. But I work for the East Central Region.

Austriacus!!! :D

Man is good to hear from you. I thought your USC wife kidnapped you and kept you from us FOREVER :p.

I'm glad life is treating you well and welcome back (for a little while). You sure can hang out with us May Filers ;)

Well, she almost succeeded with the "forever" but I'm back to share I-751 experiences. We'll see, maybe I'll join in with giving general immigration advice again, but I'll have 2 years of USCIS rules and regulations to catch up on. The other day I even forgot what the visa bulletin is. :D

Hey, congrats on that 2008 Mazda! That's a good idea to include. Maybe we should include our 2009 Acura RL also. :p

So, are there already a couple little Praetorians running around the house? Or on the way? Would make for good evidence, too. (Just kidding about the Acura by the way, 2003 Honda driver here!)

CHECK CASHED :D

I can not tell what the back of the check says, but somebody actually wrote on the FRONT of the check for me? :)

EACXXXXXXXXXXXXX
VISA XXXX (no clue what that means)
5/15/09

ps: that receipt # is not recognized by the USCIS online tracking service :p I guess I'll have to wait until I get the actual NOA.

CHECK CASHED :D

I can not tell what the back of the check says, but somebody actually wrote on the FRONT of the check for me? :)

EACXXXXXXXXXXXXX
VISA XXXX (no clue what that means)
5/15/09

ps: that receipt # is not recognized by the USCIS online tracking service :p I guess I'll have to wait until I get the actual NOA.

Same here! Cashed yesterday. I also have some writing on the front of the check and nothing on the back.

Have you tried playing around with the number on line? I remember that was the case with the AOS numbers printed on checks. They were off by a couple of digits. For example, if on the check the last digit was 5, your actual number would end in 3, 4, 6, or 7. I'm going to try that in a minute...

Same here! Cashed yesterday. I also have some writing on the front of the check and nothing on the back.

Have you tried playing around with the number on line? I remember that was the case with the AOS numbers printed on checks. They were off by a couple of digits. For example, if on the check the last digit was 5, your actual number would end in 3, 4, 6, or 7. I'm going to try that in a minute...

It posted my account yesterday, so far our timelines match :)

I tried playing with the last digit off by 1 and plus 1... nothing :p

I have head people say their receipt number on the NOA (the one extending your status for 1 year) does not work and that it is actually the receipt number on your Biometrics appointment that actually is registered with the USCIS website.

It posted my account yesterday, so far our timelines match :)

I tried playing with the last digit off by 1 and plus 1... nothing :p

I have head people say their receipt number on the NOA (the one extending your status for 1 year) does not work and that it is actually the receipt number on your Biometrics appointment that actually is registered with the USCIS website.

Yeah, it didn't work for me, either.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the NOA/bio-FP letters.

Guesstimates

Just for fun, I've added some timeline guesstimates to my signature. I've calculated those based on about 10 recent cases @ VSC reported here and on trackitt. We shall see... :cool: :D

I do not like guesstimating. But I sure hope I get approved soon :p

My employer's HR dept called asking for an update on my work authorization :eek:

Anyways, it seems like "divorced" i-751 cases have been approved within 3 months for most people... that IS unfair.

My estimate is that the second notice of action, the one with your bio notice is sent about 20 days after you recieved your extension letter. Based on data i played around with ;) So your June 8 is 4 days early.

Just for fun, I've added some timeline guesstimates to my signature. I've calculated those based on about 10 recent cases @ VSC reported here and on trackitt. We shall see... :cool: :D