May 2009 | I-751 Filers

KARTASCO,

I am not so worry then. I see that most people get their BIO appointment after about 2 week from the NOA/extension. The only reason I am so nervous (other than the fact that my life is on the line here) is because I didn't get NOA letter but my attorney did. I will have to hope that the attorney's copy (original) will work if I need to travel outside of the US. Attorney say it is normal but I am just a bit concern over that.

I am give about 3 to 4 week for the BIO letter to arrive. Tomorrow will be week 2.

Lets keep each other posted. I don't see that many CSC applicants here. VSC seems to be haulling a$$ (am I allowed to say this) so CSC better catch up!

Thanks

Just got the bio NOA - notice date 6/16, scheduled for 7/9

Thanks so much for the warning... you may be right. I think we'll just do a walk-in early and avoid the whole potential issue.

Glad to be of help, Hayden! Also glad you did walk-in biometrics already.

Update: Received my I-797 C, or NoA 1, or extension letter finally though late (it was mailed the day after I did biometrics in an envelope from Nashville, TN although inside it had the contact info for the VSC in St Albans, VT where I filed). My NoA 2, or biometrics notice, came early in an envelope from St Albans, VT.

Question: Since I got my NoA 1 so late, I think it's worth asking (if anyone remembers/saved their envelopes) whether their NoA 1 came from Nashville, or is it just me?

DO: NYC

5/16 - Filed I-751 jointly to VSC

5/20- Delivered to VSC

5/22- Checks cashed

5/25- CRIS updated online LUD

6/3- I-797 Biometrics NoA received with case number traceable online and ND 5/22 (mailed 6/1 from St Albans, VT)

6/11- I-551 one-year extension of GC stamped in passport via Infopass

6/16- Biometrics done

6/22- I-797 C NoA extension letter received with ND 5/21 (mailed 6/17 from Nashville, TN)

Telephone inquiries to USCIS 1-800 number: 2

Current status: WAAAIT

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, your guesstimates are wrong with me :( I am still waiting on my biometrics appt.

I am definitively driving to my ASC saturday morning if i have not gotten anything by friday. I am sick of waiting.

I'm sorry to hear that, Praeto. :(

Have you made an InfoPass?

It's crazy how random this seems. Remember how two years ago I had to wait for a couple of months after our interview with not a single word from them? Turned out, they misplaced my file and it was just sitting on somebody's desk. If not for that InfoPass I made, it'd probably still be sitting there. Maybe that's what's happening to you now, eh?

Anyways, I hope you hear from them soon and that you'd be able to catch up to my guesstimates. :)

I'm sorry to hear that, Praeto. :(

Have you made an InfoPass?

It's crazy how random this seems. Remember how two years ago I had to wait for a couple of months after our interview with not a single word from them? Turned out, they misplaced my file and it was just sitting on somebody's desk. If not for that InfoPass I made, it'd probably still be sitting there. Maybe that's what's happening to you now, eh?

Anyways, I hope you hear from them soon and that you'd be able to catch up to my guesstimates. :)

I have not made an infopass yet, I did start a service request on June 15 (30 days from the receipt notice/extension letter) and they said I should hear something in 45 days.

I can't afford time off work and drive to ATL just yet. That's why for the time being I am going to settle for Saturday at the ASC.

Hopefully, I will get it by Friday and if not, the ASC may be able to help.

124 days from mailing date or RD? People should use RD i think??

Well, I didn't take it out of the thin air. This is based on several recent timelines at VSC. I'm surprised myself, but it seems that VSC has recently sped up. So far, they've been actually ahead of my guesstimates...

Edit: I just looked again at five recent cases filed at the VSC early this year. The average approval time for those was 124 days. That puts me exactly @ 9/12. Of course, this is just a guesstimate, so we'll have to wait and see...

I figured, I would try and setup an infopass for Monday, Just in case... and after going through the prompt system, 2-3 different options, it all leads to this: :mad:

At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.

On the web at www.uscis.gov or call National Customer Service Center
(NCSC) at 1.800.375.5283
TDD for the hearing impaired - 1.800.767.1833​

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured, I would try and setup an infopass for Monday, Just in case... and after going through the prompt system, 2-3 different options, it all leads to this: :mad:
[/CENTER]

What if you just go to the ASC and ask to check if you have an appointment with them? Maybe its a bad idea, but i would think they have a system to look you up by name...

What if you just go to the ASC and ask to check if you have an appointment with them? Maybe its a bad idea, but i would think they have a system to look you up by name...

That's what I will try on Saturday. Hopefully, I haven't missed the appointment or something (if I do have one).

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for providing your time lines and helpful information. I filed in Vermont Service Center at the end of April. Following are my time lines:

04/28/2009 – Sent I 751 Packet (USPS Priority Certified Mail)
04/30/2009 – Packet Delivered at Saint Albans, VT
05/08/2009 – Check was cleared in my Bank Account
05/11/2009 – Received I-797C Notice of Action
05/28/2009 – Received ASC Appointment for Biometrics
06/17/2009 – Finger Prints Done

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!!!

Question for all:

I see that some members here will do a "walk-up biomatrics" earlier than the date scheduled on thier Bio notice. Is that recommended? I mean I really just want to get it out of the way ASAP instead of waiting for the actual date given.

What do I need to do? Do I need to call them first?

BTW still no BIO notice.

PreatoriaXI ~ people look up to you for advice, so you need to be strong alright? Be strong brother. Stop Whining lol :)

Hey look at this guy. He mailed his application a day before mine, but is going to do his biometrics a month after I did mine :(

So I say wait patiently. In actuality, if you are genuinely married you have nothing to worry about. Noda.

unidengrant

I-751 CSC
04/24/09 Mailed package
05/05/09 RD
05/20/09 751 Noa Rcvd
06/22/09 Bio Letter Recvd
07/08/09 Bio Appt Day

No news today... :s

Sorry PraetorianXI, hang in there. I was super worry until I check the mail today. I just got my ASC Bio appointment letter today. Dated 6/18. Bio date is 7/14. I am sure yours will come soon.

How do I do walk-up service. just show up and hope they will take me in? I really want to get it done sooner.

Thanks

Sorry PraetorianXI, hang in there. I was super worry until I check the mail today. I just got my ASC Bio appointment letter today. Dated 6/18. Bio date is 7/14. I am sure yours will come soon.

How do I do walk-up service. just show up and hope they will take me in? I really want to get it done sooner.

Thanks

You show up early saturday or wednesdays, ask if you can do a "walk-in" and give them a reason why you can not meet your original appointment. They may or may not let you in... or it might end up that they have an specific day for walk-ins and ask you to come that day instead.

Question: Since I got my NoA 1 so late, I think it's worth asking (if anyone remembers/saved their envelopes) whether their NoA 1 came from Nashville, or is it just me?

I kept the envelopes - Noa1 came from Vermont so did the ASC appointment letter.