May 2009 AOS filers

I wondered about that too, but i think that is just a standard and as long as we bring with us all the documents as other, we'll be just fine :D
I am more worried that i don't have that much of a "joint stuff"

We're planning on bringing stuff like apartment lease, joint bank account, affidavits, stuff similar to what we added to our application. I'm also planning to bring Christmas and Valentine's cards to each other and pictures among other things.

Geese
You have an identical timeline to mine so I just hope you get the ead card this week.
That said, you should get an email from cris a few days prior to the card. Why don't you call them up and ask for a status update?

Just came back from being gone for the weekend and I have received my "Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview".

Yep. My parents received this too..there are too many documentation requests but am taking the originals and the copy of what was submitted earlier.

Can you update your signature?

We're planning on bringing stuff like apartment lease, joint bank account, affidavits, stuff similar to what we added to our application. I'm also planning to bring Christmas and Valentine's cards to each other and pictures among other things.

We don't have that much stuff to bring. Since i wasn't able to work until few days ago i was not able to be on lease as a holder, only as an adult occupant. All the bills are paied by hubby so.... We do have joint savings,checking account, joint credit card, joint tax return, car title and insurance for car, photos... That's it!
Anyhow, i am not going to stress too much about it, even if i get denied, we are gonna go back to our home country and still be happy :D

We don't have that much stuff to bring. Since i wasn't able to work until few days ago i was not able to be on lease as a holder, only as an adult occupant. All the bills are paied by hubby so.... We do have joint savings,checking account, joint credit card, joint tax return, car title and insurance for car, photos... That's it!
Anyhow, i am not going to stress too much about it, even if i get denied, we are gonna go back to our home country and still be happy :D

I'm currently not working but my name is on the lease, bank account, car insurance, etc.
Where are you from?

I'm currently not working but my name is on the lease, bank account, car insurance, etc.
Where are you from?

Maybe you did work when you signed the lease? They did the background check on me too, but told me that since i am not working i can not be on a lease as a lease holder but only as an adult occupant :rolleyes:
We are both from Serbia :)

Maybe you did work when you signed the lease? They did the background check on me too, but told me that since i am not working i can not be on a lease as a lease holder but only as an adult occupant :rolleyes:
We are both from Serbia :)

I'm from the Philippines. What does LPR stand for? I'm guess Legal Permanent Resident?

I'm from the Philippines. What does LPR stand for? I'm guess Legal Permanent Resident?

Correct! We filed I-130 after we got married, and he was a green card holder at the time. After he became a citizen we called USCIS to inform them and to upgrade petition, week after we received an approval notice :) I can see that your interview date is two weeks after mine. Hope everything will go just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct! We filed I-130 after we got married, and he was a green card holder at the time. After he became a citizen we called USCIS to inform them and to upgrade petition, week after we received an approval notice :) I can see that your interview date is two weeks after mine. Hope everything will go just fine.

I hope everything goes well for you in the future as well. We'll keep each other updated.

Don't worry about it. As long as you can show that you and your spouse is leaving together and has been together since marriage then you should have no problems. You can show shared health insurance, joint bank statements, car insurance, you can add your name to telephone, gas and electricity bills.

Don't worry about it. As long as you can show that you and your spouse is leaving together and has been together since marriage then you should have no problems. You can show shared health insurance, joint bank statements, car insurance, you can add your name to telephone, gas and electricity bills.

Well we don't have health insurance, regarding the phone we have cell phones with family plan, but it's on his name since he had it before we got married, we called T-Mobile to ask if they can add me on the account, it wasn't possible. And i was thinking, not all of us have to have perfect life you know, enough money for a house, 3 cars, all kind of insurances etc... that doesn't mean we are not happy or whatever... I can understand their point of view, they want evidences, but reality is a bit different :rolleyes:

hello every body,i had my interview on April29th,2009 for I-485,i came on K-1 visa and my husband applied for me and I came on Jan 22,2006.First interview didn,t go very well,they asked to send medical form and rental agreement ,which we sent,so we received a letter for 2nd interview on Jul27.On rental agreement ,we had my husband,s ex-wife,s name on it due to some financial problems.since My husband has three kids from his ex-wife who live with us,so his ex didn,t have any problem cosigning the rental agreement.We are thinking that might be the reason for being called for second interview.If some one has this kind of experience,please write us back since we have only three days left for the second interview,,any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.We love each other so much that we can,t even think to be separated for one moment,,,thanks in advance

Hello every bodywould someone be kind enough to help me i have my 2nd interview tomorrow,i had my interview on April29th,2009 for I-485,i came on K-1 visa and my husband applied for me and I came on Jan 22,2006.First interview didn,t go very well,they asked to send medical form and rental agreement ,which we sent,so we received a letter for 2nd interview on Jul27.On rental agreement ,we had my husband,s ex-wife,s name on it due to some financial problems.since My husband has three kids from his ex-wife who live with us,so his ex didn,t have any problem cosigning the rental agreement.We are thinking that might be the reason for being called for second interview.If some one has this kind of experience,please write us back since we have only three days left for the second interview,,any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.We love each other so much that we can,t even think to be separated for one moment,,,thanks in advance

:confused:hello every body,i had my interview on April29th,2009 for I-485,i came on K-1 visa and my husband applied for me and I came on Jan 22,2006.First interview didn,t go very well,they asked to send medical form and rental agreement ,which we sent,so we received a letter for 2nd interview on Jul27.On rental agreement ,we had my husband,s ex-wife,s name on it due to some financial problems.since My husband has three kids from his ex-wife who live with us,so his ex didn,t have any problem cosigning the rental agreement.We are thinking that might be the reason for being called for second interview.If some one has this kind of experience,please write us back since we have only three days left for the second interview,,any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.We love each other so much that we can,t even think to be separated for one moment,,,thanks in advance:confused:

:confused:First interview didn,t go very well,they asked to send medical form and rental agreement ,which we sent,so we received a letter for 2nd interview on Jul27.

On rental agreement ,we had my husband,s ex-wife,s name on it due to some financial problems.since My husband has three kids from his ex-wife who live with us,so his ex didn,t have any problem cosigning the rental agreement.

We are thinking that might be the reason for being called for second interview.

Do you both have anything in common(lease, insurance, bills etc) other than just being married?

I think just being honest in the interview and letting the IO(Immigration Officer) know why your husband's ex-wife signed if it ever comes up.

I suspect maybe this could prove your husband is unable to support you financially and if you are on K-1 then that's absolutely a must....