May 2009 AOS filers

Anyone in the same boat as mine(I-130 and I-485 applied for my parents) waiting for either their cases to be transferred to CSC or awaiting interview notification?

Baraider and geese i noticed that too, you should get an interview letter soon, cause i got mine today!!!! It's for September 3rd...i have to say i was waiting these for so long, but now i am a little bit scared :)

Hi everyone,

Just got my EAD card :D Now I'm waiting for the interview letter :)

I will apply for a SSN on monday :)

Good luck to all of us!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there,

I just rec'd my initial interview letter today. The interview is scheduled on 8/21/2009. My priority date is 6/3/2009 (field office: san jose, CA). Actually my husband and I have been married for 5+ years. I wonder why I am still getting an interview and what kind of questions will be asked?. Thanks for any inputs...

BTW, is the initial interview as stated in the letter the only one? If I get the approval on that day, does it mean I will get my green card soon? Do I need to bring all the document listed on the interview notice? I've submitted everything with the application package. I assume the interview officer should have a copy of everything. right?

Hope everyone's application goes smoothly =).

Cheers~

Hi everyone,

Just received my Il today for 8/17 :) I'm scared and at the same time excited...

Anyhow, I tried applyin for SSN today but they told me that my EAD card should be 14days old before they can enter me in the system so they gonna re enter my file on the 15th since my card was issued on the 1st of July.

I dint have any idea that it worked that way. Anybody got any experience or knowledge on this?

Thanks and Good luck!

Hi everyone,

Jusr recieved mu Il today for 8/17 :) I'm scared and at the same time excited...

Anyhow, I tried applyin for SSN today but they told me that my EAD card should be 14days before they can enter me in the system so they gonna re enter my file on the 15th since my card was valid since the 1st of July.

I dint have any idea that it worked that way. Anybody got any experience or knowledge on this?

Thanks and Good luck!

Yes, it takes time to SSA to enter and verify the data with USCIS unlike in the past. The SS card that you will receive will have a notation saying-"Valid only with INS authorization". Once you get your green card in the mail upon approval (not the I-551 stamp on the passport), you should go back to SSA to get another card without such a notation.

I don't think you should be nervous. Interview is pretty much verifying and updating all the information on forms/applications. They don't ask much questions on marriage except how/where/when you met with your spouse...and bit of information about each other and some pics along with documents that have both persons' name on them. Nothing to worry about.

Yes, it takes time to SSA to enter and verify the data with USCIS unlike in the past. The SS card that you will receive will have a notation saying-"Valid only with INS authorization". Once you get your green card in the mail upon approval (not the I-551 stamp on the passport), you should go back to SSA to get another card without such a notation.

I don't think you should be nervous. Interview is pretty much verifying and updating all the information on forms/applications. They don't ask much questions on marriage except how/where/when you met with your spouse...and bit of information about each other and some pics along with documents that have both persons' name on them. Nothing to worry about.

Thank you so much JC for shedding light regarding this matter :)

If I had known that I'd still be comin back to SSA when I get my GC, I wouldn't have applied now and could've waited for my GC but its alright at least I can go and get a DL when I get my SSN.

I just hope that my interview will go smoothly and have my stamp on that day too :)

Thanks to everyone who helped me with all my questions here in the forums!!!

I received email from CRIS today that they order the EAD card on 7/10. It probably take a week or so to get here.

I wonder if people received the same email for their I-131 card.

Got AP (I-131) in the mail today. I see why there is no email about the AP because it's not a card, but just a letter of approval.

Got AP (I-131) in the mail today. I see why there is no email about the AP because it's not a card, but just a letter of approval.

Yeah, I heard its just a letter not a card. Your parent's EAD should be on its way then probably the IL.

Good luck to all of us!!!

Hi everyone,

I just got an email today from CRIS stating I765 approval notice sent but I already have my EAD card.

what's goin on? Maybe theyre just a lil bit delayed or somethin...???

Gc

Hi Everyone,

I received my EAD today.

5/19/09: Mailed I-130/485/765/693/131/865-EZ
5/21/09: USPS delivery notification
5/28/09: Checks cashed
5/30/09: Recepits for I-130/485/765
6/04/09: Biometric notice received for 06/16/09
6/16/09: FP done
7/01/09: EAD card production ordered (CRIS mail)
7/03/09: AP received
7/07/09: Received another mail from CRIS (card production ordered)
7/08/09: Interview letter recieved for 8/18
7/13/09: EAD card received