May 2009 AOS filers

Please add to the signature if you are filing for parents, spouse or someone else

Its good to see several May filers on-board. :D

I have a request to each of you.

Since AOS can be filed for parents, spouse or relatives, can you please add verbage to your signature if you are filing for your parents or mother or father or anyone else. This will help one another compare the progress of our cases.

hello everyone

Hi just found this site. It will be interesting to track everyone's progress through this process. Anyone think it is weird that they have only cashed the I-485 check and not the I-130 check?

good luck everyone!

FP Notice

I got NOA's on 05/11. Now when should i expect FP notice ?? I have some travel plans and dont wanna miss Finger Printing Notice.

thanks
guru

2.) For I-I30 - 1 for you, 1 for you mom. I-485 - 2 for you mom, I-131 - 2 for your mom, I-785 - 2 for your mom

Are you sure you need to submit photos with I-130? I just read the instructions for I-130 and there is no mention of photos except if you are filling for spouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed I-130 for my brother today. It will take around 11 years so at least I can get the paper in as soon as I became usc.
Will file for my mother in another week.

FP notice sent in about 7 working days after getting NOAs

I got NOA's on 05/11. Now when should i expect FP notice ?? I have some travel plans and dont wanna miss Finger Printing Notice.

I looked at Feb, Mar and April filers and most of them got their FP notices in about 7 business days after receiving their NOA's. Am hoping to get the FP notices this week!

Hi just found this site. It will be interesting to track everyone's progress through this process. Anyone think it is weird that they have only cashed the I-485 check and not the I-130 check?

good luck everyone!

No, it is not. In my case, USCIS cashed the I-485 check one day before the I-130 check. And they sent me all of the NOAs together even though the checks were not cashed at the same day. So, just be patient :)

good luck everyone!

Hmmm... Yes, that is weird because they should be cashing both checks at the same time.

No, it is not. In my case, USCIS cashed the I-485 check one day before the I-130 check. And they sent me all of the NOAs together even though the checks were not cashed at the same day. So, just be patient :)

Well, didn't even take that much patience, they cashed the second check the next day. Thanks!

Hi All,

This place is great to get all the answers for immigration questions from you all experiences.

Here is my situation:
In-laws are in B1/B2 visa and I-94 is valid till 06/04/2009. We applied I130 and I485 for both of them.
The USCIS received the I130 and I485 applications - 05/04/2009.
I130 checks cleared - 05/11/2009.

I485 checks have NOT cleared yet.
We are wondering if my in-laws have to start preparing for their return journey since their I94 is expiring on 06/04/2009.
Please advice on what we can do so that they are in status and dont need to leave to India immediately.

Thank you very much for any advice or response.

Hi All,

This place is great to get all the answers for immigration questions from you all experiences.

Here is my situation:
In-laws are in B1/B2 visa and I-94 is valid till 06/04/2009. We applied I130 and I485 for both of them.
The USCIS received the I130 and I485 applications - 05/04/2009.
I130 checks cleared - 05/11/2009.

I485 checks have NOT cleared yet.
We are wondering if my in-laws have to start preparing for their return journey since their I94 is expiring on 06/04/2009.
Please advice on what we can do so that they are in status and dont need to leave to India immediately.

Thank you very much for any advice or response.

They are fine to stay, the fact you have filed for them gives them permission by the attorney general to remain in the country whilst a decison is made . If they go home they will actually be considered as abondoning the I485 application, unless they travel with advance parole documents.

Hey baraider,

To answer:

1.) Yes, they do give immunization shots if your mom doesn't have it. For some doctors though - it's expensive. So you must look for a USCIS doctor within your area that's not too expensive.

2.) For I-I30 - 1 for you, 1 for you mom. I-485 - 2 for you mom, I-131 - 2 for your mom, I-785 - 2 for your mom

When filing for your mom, I don't think you require to file photographs with the I-130 (either yours or your mother's). You just need 2 each for 485, 131 and 765. Correct me if I am wrong.

3.) Two separate checks. One for 1010 - for the I-485 (I-785 and I-131 included already). One for 355 for the I-130

4.) I'm attaching the samples here. Just download it. For the cover letters.

5.) What do you mean by question 7? Question 7 is gender.

answer embedded

I think May filers should be getting their FP notices sometime soon. Its about time...

has anyone received their FP notice?

FP Notice

I was looking at March and April AOS filers.......mostly all of them got their FP notices within 2-3 days. I dont why for May Filers its taking time. I am flying out next saturday on 05/23. I was thinking to go walkin FP before i fly. let see...maybe i will get it by the end of next week.

Guru

Received FP notices for my parents

Received FP notices today for my parents and its scheduled for 06/02/2009.

They are in another state and travelling at the moment. Can they goto the nearest ASC center(I can mail them the FP notices) or does it have to be at the location specified in the letter?

DO : Tampa - FL
-----------
04/28/2009 : Sent AOS for Parents(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765) via priority mail.
04/29/2009 : Package Delivered.
05/05/2009 : Checks Cashed.
05/08/2009 : Received all 8 NOAs
05/15/2009 : Received FP notice for 06/02/2009