May 2003 RD Tracker

NSC Not Touching Concurrent 140 Cases

Hi Friends,

Append below is a note from Pablasingh. (Also see the link)
To me, it sounds like concurrent cases are gathering momentum!

It says, as per a conversation with a customer representative at NSC, "NSC has re-directed some resources to clear the 485 backlog of applicants who have already recieved fingerprint notices. Idea is to process their cases before theire FPs expire"

URL:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=134019
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talked with the customer representative at NSC today. Usually they do not provide much useful information. This one was a little more insightful. Here are the responses:

- Currently there is NO processing of concurrently filed cases at NSC. Other types (e.g. CP) are being processed withing days.
- NSC has re-directed some resources to clear the 485 backlog of applicants who have already recieved fingerprint notices. Idea is to process their cases before theire FPs expire. The safest assumption is that the concurrrent 140/485 cases will be processed after all the previously filed 485s (who have recieved FP notices) are adjuidcated.

Dont know what to make of this. There were lots of ifs and buts in the conversation. I have no idea how much 485 backlog needs to be cleared before concurrent cases procesing will begin.

Lakshya,

Thanks for the link, It is an example of 23-24 months theory.
Lately, even non-concurrents were approved in 24 months.

We may see, much shoter times in near future for concurrent filers as NCS has re-directed resources from I-140s to concurrent cases with FP approved.

-----
Lakshya said:
kumarss,

See this link.
He is Concurrent Filer (But in 2002)
I140 - Jun' 2002 and
I485 - Aug' 2002 and got approved Jul' 2004

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=133113

Count me in

Hi Guys,

Count me in.

I485 RD - 5/21/03
ND - 5/22/03
FP - 3/19/04

I765 RD - 6/10/04

Jan 2003 Filer

Concurrent filing

EB3/RIR/MI - PD - Oct 10, 2001
I-485 RD - Jan 08, 2003
I-485 ND - Jan 16, 2003
I-140 RD - Jan 08, 2003
I-140 AD - Apr 15, 2003
I-765 (1) AD - May 02, 2003
I-765 (2) AD - Feb 14, 2004
FP - Sep 04, 2003

Asked My Lawyer for FP

suryapet

I just emailed to my lawyer for FP.
I had aske dwhether we should contact USCIS OR wait for some more time.
Will post no sooner I get his reply.

NSCGC2003,

My lawyer inquired and found that....

"USCIS is not sending out fingerprint appointments until the case is about 3-4 months from being approved."

So I am just waiting :confused:

Anyway I am keeping my H1B alive which will expire in April'05. I am planning to apply for EAD and AP somewhere in November. (perhaps it may activate my file).
This is the only advice from me. :)

Lakshya said:
NSCGC2003,

"USCIS is not sending out fingerprint appointments until the case is about 3-4 months from being approved."

Anyway I am keeping my H1B alive which will expire in April'05. I am planning to apply for EAD and AP somewhere in November. (perhaps it may activate my file).

Is this regarding first FP?

Yes First FP...

aonflux said:
Is this regarding first FP?

See we (NSCGC2003 and Me) have filed in May' 2003 and so far no received even first FP. :mad:
At least I am not alone.:)

may03

may 03 filiers,
should we monitor our LUDs to see if and when our files will be "touched" ?

Thanks for your replies!!!

So, We have to wait until...

What is LUDs? How can I monitor please tell me.

thx

3-4 month after 1st FP?

Lakshya said:
NSCGC2003,

With all due respect, I wonder where your lawyer found this information.
If you look around you see that there are thousands of people on this forum who did their 2nd FP and still are waiting for approval.
My case was filed in Aug. 2003, 1st FP done on June 11th, 2004, I possess 2nd EAD already (the 1st one to expire in October). I do not expect to see my case approved earlier than the end of 2005.
Good luck to all of us.

May 03 applicant: FP1 (sort of)

I added my wife as a derivative beneficiary to my app after the fact, in August 04. She received her FP1 invitation on September 11, 2004. Still no FP1 for me.

FYI.