May 2003 RD Tracker

we received RFE on 12/16 on our I485. will update when we find out what it is about. both me and my husband got the RFE. my husband is the primary. i suppose his RFE could be for an EVL. i wonder what further evidence they would need from me.

PD: june 2002 (RIR)EB3
RD/ND: 5/23/03

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,
I am also a May 2003 filer (EB3 BLR). The message on my case has not changed since Day1. I saw on this thread that almost everyone from May 2003 is either getting an RFE or getting approved. I am now very worried that my file is the only one not touched. Is there anyone else whose status has not changed.

PD: Oct 28th 2002 (RIR)
I-485/140/765: May 15th 2003

I-140 AD: June 26th 2003
1st EAD AD: June 26th 2003
1st FP : Mar 5th 2004
2nd EAD AD: May 15th 2004
1st AP AD: April 20th 2004
I-485 AD: ??/??/????

Rfe

Yesterday got a mail saying that they issued a RFE. I don't what is that about. will update you guys as soon as I receive.

-------------------
PD - Oct 9 2001
I485 RD - 5/21/2003
ND - 5/22/2003
FP - 3/19/2004
AD - Soon :)

I think its some kind of magic that all May 03 folks are getting RFE....I am wondering how USCIS figured out to send rfe to only May 03 cases.....didnt they mixed up everything....seems like someone is trying to sort and keep things in order...something is really wrong there. Seems like nowadays they dont have much work so they created these rfes which can keep them busy or atleast look them busy.

Its like showing cake to a herd of hungry people, at this time when getting RFE in mail is slow coz of holiday season most of the people won't be able to reply before the end of the year and after that they won't approve if their PD is after 01/2002. I wonder why the hell they don't send they tell wat is RFE is all about on the phone?

betsy said:
not all may03 filers are getting RFEed, some like bhag11, bscorn got approved without RFE.

right, but mostly are...I didnt see Vermount generating these many rfes. Its only Nebraska doing it.

Kanadian said:
right, but mostly are...I didnt see Vermount generating these many rfes. Its only Nebraska doing it.
true. NSC is generating more RFEs than approvals but that is not unusual. jan03 filers are getting RFEed indiscriminately as well. thats just nsc style of operation. besides nsc always compared poorly with vsc in every aspect.

All three of us (Me, My wife and daughter ) were issued RFE on 12/15/04.
I'll post the details on receipt. Does it mean that all the 3 have issues or is
it standard that if a primary got RFE, dependents are also issued the same
RFE?

EB2
PD - 9/02.
RD - 05/22/03
ND - 05/28/03.

bishma said:
Yesterday got a mail saying that they issued a RFE. I don't what is that about. will update you guys as soon as I receive.

-------------------
PD - Oct 9 2001
I485 RD - 5/21/2003
ND - 5/22/2003
FP - 3/19/2004
AD - Soon :)

are you EB1/EB2/EB3 ? my PD and I485 RD is same as yours.

I am confused. What is PD please?

ipcomUser said:
Its like showing cake to a herd of hungry people, at this time when getting RFE in mail is slow coz of holiday season most of the people won't be able to reply before the end of the year and after that they won't approve if their PD is after 01/2002. I wonder why the hell they don't send they tell wat is RFE is all about on the phone?

how long to receive RFE

Hi, my Online status shows that RFE was sent out on 12/14/2004. I still didn't receive it today (12/18/2004). I am a little concerned since one of my previous notice receipt was lost in the mail, and my lawyer changed address recently. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the RFE after it is sent out by NSC? Please share your experience. Thanks.

rockclay said:
Hi, my Online status shows that RFE was sent out on 12/14/2004. I still didn't receive it today (12/18/2004). I am a little concerned since one of my previous notice receipt was lost in the mail, and my lawyer changed address recently. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the RFE after it is sent out by NSC? Please share your experience. Thanks.

Your lawyer would receive your RFE letter perhaps if your lawyer is authorized to represent you. So, your address should not matter. Also, it has not may too many days since 12/14....I expect it would arrive the following week.

Rfe

I got mail from USCIS on 13th that RFE has been issued on my case for both me and my wife...

ND 05/06/03 EB2

PD is priority date, the date on which your Labor certification was filed, USCIS has recently announced cutoff date of 01/2002 for EB-3 category and nationals of India, China & Phillipines. Wat that means is if you are an EB-3 filer and from these countries and your PD is after that then your I-485 cannot be approved unless that date passes your PD.

rockclay said:

dont worry you will get it in few days....they generated our rfe on 13 and we are still waiting for the mail so i would give it few more days before i get panic...