Massachusetts SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow !! guys all these replies are too scary !! i hope everyone gets thru smoothly !

my pd in MA SESA is july 02. everyday I hope to hear something from my lawyer.

ST.

non-rir...

guys, had the meeting with attorney. Apparently, they are going to go ahead with NOn_RIR. Assuming, attorney sends the papers (back to DOL or SESA???)back, how long will it take him to hear back from SESA? Any ideas? Wont it happen until my PD july02 is reached?
thanks,

jolpot,

My PD is June'02 which is what SESA is supposedly currently working on. Haven't heard from SESA yet... Will keep you posted...

Cheers,

Question on Non-RIR

1. I have 1 yr of experience after BS and 1 yr of experience after MS.
i.e. BS -> 1 yr -> MS -> 1 yr before joinging to the current company.
My lawyer told me that I am eligible for LC requirement of BS+2 or MS+1.
I am not sure why am not eligible for MS+2 yrs ?

2. If I were to apply for Non-RIR case (after RIR remand). I have an option of applying with BS+2 or MS+1

Which one is better ? BS + 2 or MS + 1 ?
i.e. experience is good ot education ?

3. I was told that if
"LC requirement = BS plus less than 5 yrs of experience"
then 2nd and 3rd stage falls in the EB3 category.

Is there any way to beef it up to EB2 in those stages ?

Thanks a ton.

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
ThanksForHelp,

As far as I know these days EB2 and EB3 are going at the same speed at 2nd and 3rd stages. So it really shouldnt matter which category you pick.

Guys,

Any updates on MA SESA ? Anyone with PD if July 2002 heard anything from SESA ?

ST.

MA SESA automated system says its processing non-RIR applications for July 15 th to Aug 15 th ... has anybody heard anything (for those dates)?

ST.

SESA and DOL

Hi Guys,
I am really confused about the relationship between SESA and DOL. I only know that my labor certficate was filed with Connecticut DOL, then it is supposed to go to Boston DOL. what does SESA has to do with this? Could you please let me know? Thanks!:confused:

exet,

Connecticut SESA will review your application first. They will ask you to she evidence of recruitment efforts and once they approve your application will for to BOSTON DOL.

Connecticut SESA is the State agency while Boston DOL is regional agency.

ST.

Any GC sponcerers??

I am in US from past 5 years working in SAP.
Any GC sponcerers. from below states:

New Hampshire
Maine
Vermont
West Virginia
IOWA

Thanks.

just got labor cert from dol

rec'd labor cert from comm of ma 2 weeks ago and now just got labor cert from DOL on friday - v quick. i am rir. hope this helps all. im on to 140 and 485 now. any idea if its better to do local ins in vermont or go back and do it at consul in canada? thx.

MA Labor processing as of sept 2003

Just called MA SESA. According to phone message recorded for Sept 2003:
Permenant certificate is on PD 09/05/02 - 09/19/02
RIR on PD 03/07/03 - 03/21/03

Salary QUestion

My Priority Date is Oct 3,2002 NON-RIR . My employer received a letter from MA SESA regarding the Salary & they sent out a Salary Survey that the Company Pays the employees by. I guess we should hear from them anytime as to if and when/where to advertise.

Hi bostondude,
When exactly MA SESA queried your employer? Could you please let us know the date.
Thanks
smi

Labor Substitution required for Digital/Asic Design Engineer

Does anybody know of any company that has Labor Substitution available for Digital/ASIC Design Engineer. I have a Bachelors and a Masters in EE and have been working for 3 years. I am based in Texas and this Labor Cert. process is pretty frustrating.

Please reply if you have any leads.

Many thanks in advance.

MA LC

called MA SESA this week. They were still processing Mar 19th for RIR cases. The lady said that they were working overtime, however, as we see, the status doesn't move at all in the last 4 months, since June. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.