Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry

Sorry, came back to work and refreshed the blank immigration portal page and it added the message again.

Current dates:
Ext 2058: SWA MD RIR: Dec18
Ext 2050: SWA MD RIR: Nov28

It seems that processing is goin on for Dec. According to our old calculations , Processing dates should have been End Feb '02 as of today. Any idea?

Originally posted by AbstractVision
Current dates:
Ext 2058: SWA MD RIR: Dec18
Ext 2050: SWA MD RIR: Nov28

It seems that processing is goin on for Dec. According to our old calculations , Processing dates should have been End Feb '02 as of today. Any idea?

Closing Gaithersburg Center affected the processing speed, its no more 2 in 1 or 3 in 1, as it was.

I think now its One to one (one month processing in one month), no more hopes man, but thanks to Bush, Now I can become illegal and get legal status back :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
ms_from_mich

I saw ms_from_mich's posting in Philly DOL board and his labor was approved at regional level on Jan 22, 2004. He filed his labor in Maryland on Jun 19, 2001, which was approved on Sep 12, 2003 and transferred to Philly on Sep 19, 03.

So it took him 2 years 7 months to finally get Labor done, but it was not bad since he got thru it eventually and moved on.

What if after a eternal waiting, I got a NOF or my labor simply got rejected?

http://www.immigrationportal.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&threadid=106675&#

Another approval for MD guy

I saw another guy from MD got labor approved at Philly DOL:
Raven receipt date in Philly Dol Sept 18, approved a few days ago

see his post in Philly DOL board. He used to be pretty active in our Maryland SEA board, but his info was not in our spreadsheet.

Here is an most recent updated tracker ( raven is not in)

Dec 2001 LC

I know a couple of folks in my company, EB3 RIR and in the IT field, who applied to SESA 2nd week of Dec 01 and the lawyer recd notification that their case moved to DOL.

Re: Dec 2001 LC

That is great!
Based on the info, I do believe that they will finish all Dec 01 cases by the end of this month (which is two days away). Thanks Buddah that the snow stops so the Government can not take advantage of it for some extra vacation.

I updated the tracker again after collecting some new info from Philly DOL board.

Originally posted by garp
I know a couple of folks in my company, EB3 RIR and in the IT field, who applied to SESA 2nd week of Dec 01 and the lawyer recd notification that their case moved to DOL.

Prevailing wage

Hi All,

SESA replied to my case stating that the salary is lower than prevailing wage. Company replied to SESA indicating that they will raise the wage. I have a couple of questions:

1. Will this suffice in getting SESA to approve case in this instance?

2. Will this create any issues at DOL?

3. How soon will SESA get to the updated case? Will I have to wait for another year?

My case is EB3 RIR.

Please let me know.

Garp

Re: Prevailing wage

Hi, Garp,
I waited for a couple of days before I wrote this message, since my labor is still pending, I would assume some other people could be of more help. But since nobody else came out, I would like to share some of my opinions here:

It is also my concern that I will received a NOF on prevailing wage, too. But if your current salary is not far from what is defined in your NOF, you should not have any problem if your employer implies in the reply that they would increase your salary.

I saw some old cases with approval time of within one month after sending in the reply of NOF, someone even got thru in two weeks, so good luck.

I would think you will most probably not get any NOF at DOL level,
but it depends, I saw one guy who got NOF at both level but eventually got his labor. Please search Philly DOL board and his posting should be in January. Sorry I forgot his name. Another guy Jatt5abda posted a message in Philly DOL board a couple of days ago (search for his posting, it should not be any difficult), and he actually got thru after getting a NOF from DOL.

By the way, garp, as far as I noticed, your cased was filed under EB3/RIR, the salary requirement should be lower. Did MD SEA require a level 1 salary in their NOF? Or they simply wants a salary with this year's level 2 salary ( I thought we should always be considered with a salary defined in the year we filed our labor).

In my case, a level 1 salary is around $30,000 higher than level 2, but my lawyer said they probably will ask a Level 1 salary because of my degree and educational level.

hope it helps, and I hope you can answer my little questions, too.

Hi All,

SESA replied to my case stating that the salary is lower than prevailing wage. Company replied to SESA indicating that they will raise the wage. I have a couple of questions:

1. Will this suffice in getting SESA to approve case in this instance?

2. Will this create any issues at DOL?

3. How soon will SESA get to the updated case? Will I have to wait for another year?

My case is EB3 RIR.

Please let me know.

Garp

Thanks!

Hi Jiangnan,

Thanks for the detailed post. I do not know if it is Level 1 or Level 2 salary. I have requested a copy of the NOF. Will let you know once I get it.

I am going thru' old posts also. I know mdgc had a similar issue a while back and it cleared SESA and is now in Philly DOL.

Thanks

Garp

Re: Thanks!

Thanks garp.
Here is an updated tracker. Hope it will help you find the posts you want to see.
Please keep me updated.
Jiangnan

Hi Jiangnan,

Thanks for the detailed post. I do not know if it is Level 1 or Level 2 salary. I have requested a copy of the NOF. Will let you know once I get it.

I am going thru' old posts also. I know mdgc had a similar issue a while back and it cleared SESA and is now in Philly DOL.

Thanks

Garp

Case moved to regional

Sorry for not updating info here. Just got a note from my lawyer's office that my case got transferred to regional(philadelphia) on dec 19th. Date filed at MD: Oct 1st, 2001

SESA had sent a NOF for prevailing wage and my lawyer replied that no increase is necessary as it complies with the state standards.

So now the wait continues at regional. Good luck all. Just keep on hanging in there....

Level 1 or 2

I looked at my NOF, nothing about Level 1 or Level 2 salary. Just states what it should be based on the position. What is Level 1 or Level 2?

thanks GC_seeker for the update.

Re: Level 1 or 2

Garp,
Level 1 salary is generally required by DOL to those people who want to file in the category of EB2/RIR (senior/managerial level, with more experiences and higher responsibility in job definition), while Level 2 is for people at staff/junior level, who usually apply in EB3/RIR category.

Anyway could you please share an approximate difference between your current salary and the number defined in the NOF?

Also, GC_Seeker, do you recall the difference between your salary and the required in NOF? How did you lawyer explain to SESA that your salary is reasonable with no need to be increased? Would you mind sharing some insights?

Thanks both a lot!

I looked at my NOF, nothing about Level 1 or Level 2 salary. Just states what it should be based on the position. What is Level 1 or Level 2?

thanks GC_seeker for the update.

Case filed on Oct 16, 2001

Hi Helpful people,

My case was filed on Oct 21st 2001 and my lawyer has not heard anything from DOL. They say, when the case is transferred to regional, they get a card and they haven't received the card.

As I see, GC seeker case was transferred to Phily on Dec 19, 2003 which was filed on Oct 1st 2001. Can you please suggest me, how to find out where is my case hanging ? My lawyer does not provide me details as if she does not have any idea as what's going on.

I will highly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
-Kumar D Ranjan

Hi GC waiter,
My case is very similar to your case, My lawyer is also saying that he has not recived any info from Philly DOL.
I emailed my lawyer today to find status of my case to make sure that it is not eating dust in MD SESA:mad:

re:NOF

It was off by 12K. NOF stated the wage for the position, did not specify level 1 or 2. I recall a post (by mdgc ?) that stated it was off by 9k and correction was made. So I am hoping 12k is not too high.

Garp

Re: Case filed on Oct 16, 2001

Hey there,
Your case is with Philly now with no doubt, congratulations! As far as we noticed, state SESA has not been issuing notice to lawyers regarding the transferring for a long time, so if you have not heard anything from SESA when your priority date is long gone, you are damn lucky!

Philly DOL's AVM is working now although you need to try many times to get thru in order to achieve your case info. For that you need either your case number or the your employer phone number ( filled out by your lawyer when he/she filed your forms with state SESA) from your lawyer, otherwise you will not be able to know it. He/she should help you with this matter.

Then go search Philly DOL board and find the numbers for the AVM, this info was repeated in Philly DOL board numberous times including recently, you should not have any problem finding it.

Very best luck to you.

By the way, I am going to stop posting here for a while until I had some idea about my case which is pending for two years now. I will let you guys know when I confirmed my status.

Garp and GC_Seeker2001, you still owe me answers for my questions to you in my previous post! Hah Hah!

Here is the updated tracker again.

Originally posted by gc_waiter_2003
Hi Helpful people,

My case was filed on Oct 21st 2001 and my lawyer has not heard anything from DOL. They say, when the case is transferred to regional, they get a card and they haven't received the card.

As I see, GC seeker case was transferred to Phily on Dec 19, 2003 which was filed on Oct 1st 2001. Can you please suggest me, how to find out where is my case hanging ? My lawyer does not provide me details as if she does not have any idea as what's going on.

I will highly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
-Kumar D Ranjan

Status
Not open for further replies.