Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Government closed for two days

Government closed for two days last week, I would estimate that we lost two weeks --- they could possibly process two weeks' cases in those two days.

Pls add my details to the MD tracking list

Here are my details:
id : mdlbr20020531
date of receipt : 05/31/2002
receipt received date : 07/xx/2002
category : EB2/RIR

After reading the different posts at this forum over the past few days, I have a new hope. Also, I am already in my 7th year extension for H1-B visa. Will definitely share my experience if similar cases/candidates require details on the 7th year extension procedures.

Keep up the good work forum members and moderators.

regards,
mdlbr20020531

Philly DOL cleared

Folks,

I am off to the I-140/I-485 forum now since my Philly DOL was also approved two weeks ago. It took around 40 days.

Good luck to everyone and hope Izzy didn't slow things down...

gcps

info..

GCPS,

Congrats on your approval.. Good to hear that you were part of MD forum too.

Can you say when your case was sent to Philly DOL ? Mine was sent on Sep 12.. Any idea when i can check avm for update ?

thanks!

Talked to Yolanda Milam today. She is saying that currently July 2001 cases are being worked upon.

She said that the target MD SWA is trying to achieve is 3 for 1 i.e reducing 3 months of backlogs in 1 month. But she also said that the processing speed might slow down a little in coming days as workers will start goin on vacation.

Labor Cert

Hi Everyone!

I have been watching this forum since long time and I would like to add my details to the excel spreadsheet. Here are my details:
User id : Ciril99
receipt received date : 01/03/2002
category : EB3/RIR

I know mine is way far, this is a good time now that many folks are clearing their labor certs.

I really appreciate the forum members and moderators.

Thanks,
Ciril99

Re: Labor Cert

I have updated the spreadsheet with ciril99's information. Ciril99,
it seems that from your receipt date your case should have been sent to Philly DOL as ms-from-mich's. keep us posted.

Originally posted by ciril99
Hi Everyone!

I have been watching this forum since long time and I would like to add my details to the excel spreadsheet. Here are my details:
receipt received date : 01/03/2002

I know mine is way far, this is a good time now that many folks are clearing their labor certs.

I really appreciate the forum members and moderators.

Thanks,
Ciril99

Jiangnan,

My apologies! Actually I was confused the difference between date of receipt and receipt received date.

Here are my updated details:

date of receipt: 01/03/2002

Sorry once again.

Thanks,
Ciril

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!
Updated with ciril99's revised info.

Originally posted by ciril99
Jiangnan,

My apologies! Actually I was confused the difference between date of receipt and receipt received date.

Here are my updated details:

date of receipt: 01/03/2002

Sorry once again.

Thanks,
Ciril

This is from my friend. She said that when she checked the Philly AVM today, she found out 2 cases got received by Philly on Sept 24, 2003. She believed one of these 2 cases is her July 2001 MD RIR cases.

But I don't know which exact date she filed her labor in MD. Let's hope that it's the end of July.

another case moved from MD state to Philly regional

This is from one of my collegues, whose Receipt Date - June 2001. He had received information from our attorney that his Labor has been forwarded to Philly regional on Sep 25th 2003.

Looks like things are definitely moving .... :)

No Receipt for 7th year H1 ext.

My LC was filled in Dec 2001 with MD and we have not got any receipt from DOL. My lawyer says that its very common not to get any receipt. I checked the other forums and not getting receipt is described as common.

My 6th year for H1 is ending October 2004. Should I be worried? What are my options? Is the Fedex receipt suffiecient enough or not? What can I do? I don't think my LC will be cleared by the time I will be ready to file for the extention.

What are my options? Should I ask Lawyer to do something about it right now or lawyer will be easily able to get th receipt or do something later on.

I will really appreciate any insight regarding this.

Re: No Receipt for 7th year H1 ext.

Originally posted by saugup
My LC was filled in Dec 2001 with MD and we have not got any receipt from DOL. My lawyer says that its very common not to get any receipt. I checked the other forums and not getting receipt is described as common.

My 6th year for H1 is ending October 2004. Should I be worried? What are my options? Is the Fedex receipt suffiecient enough or not? What can I do? I don't think my LC will be cleared by the time I will be ready to file for the extention.

What are my options? Should I ask Lawyer to do something about it right now or lawyer will be easily able to get th receipt or do something later on.

I will really appreciate any insight regarding this.

You have one year remaining for your H1, since they are actually processing labor cert these days, you likely will get labor approval sometime in May-July04 (guess)...My guess is that you don't need to apply for extention

About Hi-B 7-year Extension

Can some friends please clarify the following?
1. 7-year extension eligibility: As long as one filed LC in Maryland at least 365 days before one's H1-B expires and no other set condition/resttiction;
2. When is the appropriate time to file 7-year extension application?
Thanks

No receipt

I have a NON RIR case.. They are propcessing RIR these days. and NON RIR are not moving at all. I hope you are right but just in case if it does not get processed am I f***ed. Or I have some option?

Please help me sleep at night..:)

7 year extention

from murthy.com: http://www.murthy.com/UDbrin7y.html
"
Sections 106(a) and (b) of AC21 set forth the following two requirements for such extensions: first, a labor certification application must have been filed for the person at least one year prior; and, second, either the I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) must also have been filed and be pending or approved, or else the I-485 must be pending"

It is my perception that one only needs to have filed LC for at least one year to be eligible for 7 year extention. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.