Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DOL processing

Originally posted by garp
The issue is if it will take 5 months to process the app at DOL from the time they get it or will it take less. If it's first in first out, then looks like 5 months based on current processing time. On the other hand if they use our Receipt date, it could be faster for people in Maryland vs. other states in Philly DOL given that our RDs will be earlier than other states that are processing faster than us.

Don't know which case applies to us.

DOL processing time, according to DOL-phila bord here in this site, recent fluctuation is from 11 to 96 days and average of 59 days(2 months).
It seems lime first come first serve basis there, but no info about time fluctuation.
Generally processing time is 2 months there, you can check out the attached excel file there
:)

Guys....

First Philly DOL processses LC applications received based on date when they receive the LC application forwarded to their office from the state (SWA)...

Second,
PERM will be implemented in end 2003....read murthys note today...processsing times will be as low as 21 days.......it has its dark side though....but things may get easier for you MD guys..

Just my thoughts.....

Dol processing

Thanks! An average of 2 months is great news. The DOL website still shows May '03 for some reason.

Currently processing July cases.

Just spoke to a lady (Yolanda) at MD Labor dept. She said that they are currently processing July cases. She also mentioned that they are moving very fast and it is hard to say which date in July they are processing right now.

Have fun guys.....

Re: Currently processing July cases.

Great!
Any updating on your labor? Those guys with RD between 4/30 and 6/30/01, please post your current status and bring us some hope! Thanks!

Originally posted by libor
Just spoke to a lady (Yolanda) at MD Labor dept. She said that they are currently processing July cases. She also mentioned that they are moving very fast and it is hard to say which date in July they are processing right now.

Have fun guys.....

MY receiot date is June 14, 2001 and I have not heard anything yet from DOL. I guess my application has gone to Philly now and it will take another 2 months. Keep the faith :cool:

no news yet,

hello guys,

My receipt date is Jun 19, 2001. I haven't heard about any news from MD. Hopefully will hear something positive next week.

blitz25,
I think our cases should have been transferred to Philly DOL by now
:)

Receipt date 21May 2001

Hi,
I have a receipt date of 21 may 2001 under EB3/RIR ,Haven`t heard from DOL yet .Anyone plus/minus 10 days near to my receipt date has heard anything .Reply will be appreciated .
thanks

My Case transferred to DOL

Hello Guys,

I heard from my lawyer today that my case (EB2-RIR - June 19 PD)was transferred to philly DOL on Sept 12. I am quite relieved to hear this.

Another news is that MD is processing July 01 RIR now.

Can someone update the tracker for me if they already have the excel file ? Thanks.

Good luck to you all. Hope to see all of you in the Philly DOL forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My Case transferred to DOL

Originally posted by ms_from_mich
Hello Guys,

I heard from my lawyer today that my case (EB2-RIR - June 19 PD)was transferred to philly DOL on Sept 12. I am quite relieved to hear this.

Can someone update the tracker for me if they already have the excel file ? Thanks.

Thanks and congratulation,

Good news:cool:

Congratulations for ms!
I am wondering why it takes a longer time for MD SWA to send up the approved labor, since they are processing in such a fast speed.

I have updated the spreadsheet, including my info.

Hello Guys,

VPR, GCPS, HMD, Rumeet, WGK, frog, sol, ksyed, bright, gc0614,G100:
have you heard anything about your cases? Please update!

Hello Guys,

case moved to regional on Sep 7th

Guys

my case has been moved to Regional on Sep 7th.

My PD Date is May 3rd EB2 RIR and Regional is processing 07/03

keep the hopes alive..

hmd

Re: case moved to regional on Sep 7th

Why no body else say congrats to hmd? My congratulations to him!!! Excellent!

Although I am the last in the list.

Guys, keep us posted!

Originally posted by hmd
Guys

my case has been moved to Regional on Sep 7th.

My PD Date is May 3rd EB2 RIR and Regional is processing 07/03

keep the hopes alive..

hmd

LC processing gap

The gap between HMD and MS_Mich's PD is about 46 days while SESA approval is just 5 days apart. Wonder why...

Non RIR - MD Labour

All of you guys have been talking about RIR cases. My lawyer had filed in Non RIR category saying that there is no much time difference between the two and moreover there is a good chance of getting approval in Non RIR than in RIR.

But now it seems like I made a mistake agreeing to it. Do, you guys have any idea how long will it take to process DEC of 2001 in Non RIR case. My H1 is going to expire in end of 2004.

Also, I know its not part of this thread but why many people don't take EAD immediately after three months of filing 485 and try to continue with their H1.

Also can you guys add me in the tracker Excel Sheet.

Name: Saurabh Gupta
Filled: Dec 2001
Type: Non RIR

Haven't even got the acknowledgement. Is it normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-RIR

As your LC application is more than a year old you can extend your H1 one year at a time so you will be in status as long as you are employed and continue taking H1 extensions.

On the non-RIR part, until recently RIR and non-RIR were stuck at Apr 2001. Now RIR is moving sooner, I am sure non-RIR will move soon (if it hasn't already done so) besides I don't think non-RIR is going take longer than 2004 for Dec 01 cases. That would be too much of a backlog. Just check on past non-RIR processing times - maybe somebody in this forum has knowledge on that. Or you can post a question at isn.org or check the chat archives at murthy.com.

On the question of chances of non-RIR or RIR getting approved, I have no idea. Anybody has any clues?

Re: Non RIR - MD Labour

Originally posted by saugup
All of you guys have been talking about RIR cases. My lawyer had filed in Non RIR category saying that there is no much time difference between the two and moreover there is a good chance of getting approval in Non RIR than in RIR.

You can convert your case from Non-RIR to RIR.
you should talk to your lawyer about it. It might save you more than one year on waiting time...

Haven't even got the acknowledgement. Is it normal?

It is normal, but I've heard about receipt in most cases...

Status
Not open for further replies.