marrying someone who is on assylum ( 10 years of EAD )

jagdipmatharu

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I want to know about complications of marrying someone who does not have green card but have EAD for 10 years. Her father got political assylum and got her family here from india. Whole family has work authorization but waiting for green card. I do not know how much time it takes to get green card.

I am on H1 and working in ohio. How will i get any kind of benefit if i marry her. will i also get EAD for 10 years and can apply for green card along with her.

===============OR==============

I have to keep my status on H1 and have to apply her get green card through my company while applying for my own green card.

regards,
jag

if she got an asylum, her husband cannot take advantage of this. unless if she was married before her asylum approval.

Her father got asylum approved and she came here only year ago. She got her EAD 3 months ago and started working only 2 months ago.

Her father also waiting for green card

I do not know when she will be able to get Green card

So, she can not really marry someone who is on H1B
Is there no way for her to apply for her husband's GC along with her also

regards,
jagdip singh

First of all, people granted asylum in the United States are automatically work-authorized . No EADs are needed.

Second, she cannot give you any immigration benefits until she becomes a permanent resident. But even if she is a permanent resident, the process of your getting a green card takes about five years and you cannot legally stay here in the interim.

And finally, it appears that she obtained asylum status by virture of her father's eligibility for asylum. So if she marries before getting a green card, in order to preserve her own eligibility for a green card, she needs to reapply for asylum through the "nunc pro tunc" process.

Hi all,
I want to know about complications of marrying someone who does not have green card but have EAD for 10 years. Her father got political assylum and got her family here from india. Whole family has work authorization but waiting for green card. I do not know how much time it takes to get green card.

I am on H1 and working in ohio. How will i get any kind of benefit if i marry her. will i also get EAD for 10 years and can apply for green card along with her.

===============OR==============

I have to keep my status on H1 and have to apply her get green card through my company while applying for my own green card.

regards,
jag
You will not get any kind of immigration benefit from her.Her next step is getting GC and then USC, and till then she can not do anything for you.

It seems like you are only interested in THE IMMIGRATION BENEFITS that she can give you....
She wont be able to help you with that until she becomes a US citizen... which will be in another 6 to 7 years...

if she gets married before getting the GC, she will lose her asylum statu.
and then she needs to apply for her self.\\good luck

if she gets married before getting the GC, she will lose her asylum statu.
and then she needs to apply for her self.\\good luck

This is not true.How getting married changed asylee beeing in risk.marriage make asylee safe in her country?