• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

married at the time of registration but registered as single, now what?!

huec888

Hi every body!

I have been selected for the DV 2014 for further processing but I registered as single while actually i was married at the time now i don't know what to do is it better if i add my spouse and three daughters to the forms now or what? Please help guys, your comment will be highly appreciated since i didn't send the forms to KCC yet.

Dude, why did you do that?! Some of the stuff people do is just mind-boggling :confused:. I really think this is really going to be problematic for you. I suppose you can complete the forms accurately and send them in, but I think you've shot your chance. Like, how are you going to explain your forgot your wife and children?!

you know like every other lottery you don't take it serious but when you win you notice that you made a mistake.
in my case it was the first time i registered in dv lottery after hearing about it from friends. my friends were trying for years but didn't get lucky so i registered just for fun to see what are my chances, in fact i was not considering it so seriously but now i see it is a good chance to miss. now i wan to know what are my chances to tell them th whole truth.

you know like every other lottery you don't take it serious but when you win you notice that you made a mistake.
in my case it was the first time i registered in dv lottery after hearing about it from friends. my friends were trying for years but didn't get lucky so i registered just for fun to see what are my chances, in fact i was not considering it so seriously but now i see it is a good chance to miss. now i wan to know what are my chances to tell them th whole truth.

Now you kow your chances. :rolleyes:

No matter what, be truthful in your forms, list your family members, and hope for the best. Chances are you'll be disqualified, but at least not banned due to visa fraud.

If only there was a system in place for all those visas granted to people who did it "on a lark, as a joke, half seriously, to see what happened, don't want it now" to be put back into the pool and given to those not selected.

Just saying.

If only there was a system in place for all those visas granted to people who did it "on a lark, as a joke, half seriously, to see what happened, don't want it now" to be put back into the pool and given to those not selected.

Just saying.

Truer words were never said. When I think about the fact I applied for a full decade before finally winning, it just blows my mind that people who don't even care about it were winning and wasting their once-in-a-lifetime chance.

Truer words were never said. When I think about the fact I applied for a full decade before finally winning, it just blows my mind that people who don't even care about it were winning and wasting their once-in-a-lifetime chance.

Do not lose heart, one can win twice.

Hi every body!

I have been selected for the DV 2014 for further processing but I registered as single while actually i was married at the time now i don't know what to do is it better if i add my spouse and three daughters to the forms now or what? Please help guys, your comment will be highly appreciated since i didn't send the forms to KCC yet.

I honestly don't see you having a successful interview, but hey, I could be wrong. There's a reason the instruction specifically asks people to declare whether they're married or single, and to include all children, both biological and step, and of course to include their photos.

For all we know, the codes used in putting the software together that selects winners could have certain algorithms embedded that allows it to select certain number of single, married, married with children, e.t.c. applicants. If that is the case, I don't see how someone who is selected on the basis of being single suddenly shows up with 4 dependents expecting to grab 4 visas in place of one hitherto allocated. Of course, there are exceptions if one thinks about other selectees who end up having kids before they're interviewed or those who were truly single as at the time of the E-DV and got married before their interview and succeeded with their interviews. So yeah, I could be wrong with regards to your case.

marriage

Hi every body!

you can fill the forms for ALL your family NOW. one DS122 and 5 DS230 ( one for each member )

marches,

what makes you say that? aren't they gonna disqualify me?

If you fill the forms truthfully and put all your family members, there is a good chance you can be disqualified. If you lie in the forms that you are single, eventually they will catch that, and then you will be banned from entering US forever due to visa fraud. The choice is yours.

guys, one question please..
if I am married, and I am the one who won, but my wife doesnt want to apply for GreenCard, then if I mention that I am married but dont send Ds230 form on her name, will that be considered as irregular behavior, or KCC will understand me that only I am interested to immigrate and not her?
thanks in advance

guys, one question please..
if I am married, and I am the one who won, but my wife doesnt want to apply for GreenCard, then if I mention that I am married but dont send Ds230 form on her name, will that be considered as irregular behavior, or KCC will understand me that only I am interested to immigrate and not her?
thanks in advance

I'd say contact KCC to find out.

Here's the deal though: unless you are divorcing your wife, they'll be VERY hesitant to give you a green card, because a GC is given for immigration to US. Are you going to tell CO that you'll be in US and your wife will be in a different country? You really should have a good excuse and I really can't think of one. :confused:

But she is on J1 visa, I cant send her application :( I will probably tell to CO that my wife will apply after finishing her 2 year home return requirement

Then you are in the wrong thread. Is your wife in US now? Are you in US now? Can she get a waiver for the residency requirement? Post in DV 2014 AOS only thread.

She can get waiver but only after 2-3 years, if she gets it earlier she wont be able to receive her next ds2019 forms, and regarding aos, my number is very high for europe, and as aos takes more time than cp, so i decided to choose cp..

I am afraid if I send her ds230 form, they will see she has J1 now and havent fulfilled yet 2 year home requirement so she will be automatically disqualified (because regarding waiver she can apply only after 2 years at least), and that may affect my application too..