• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

married at the time of registration but registered as single, now what?!

OK, so in your case it makes sense to go back and do CP. But your wife's situation is kind of complicated. As long as she does not need a visa, she'll be fine, I think, she can get her DS2019 extended without problem as long as she stays in US. But if she needs to go back to your country and on the way back she needs a visa in the passport, she may not be able to get it because her husband is a GC holder. So there is almost no way to convince the CO that she has no immigration intentions. Same thing at the airport; if you travel together (or even maybe alone), the officer may deny her entry because of your green card. I am not sure but it is likely.

You guys really should talk to the int'l student/scholar adviser in her place, and possibly to an immigration lawyer before taking any steps.

OK, so in your case it makes sense to go back and do CP. But your wife's situation is kind of complicated. As long as she does not need a visa, she'll be fine, I think, she can get her DS2019 extended without problem as long as she stays in US. But if she needs to go back to your country and on the way back she needs a visa in the passport, she may not be able to get it because her husband is a GC holder. So there is almost no way to convince the CO that she has no immigration intentions. Same thing at the airport; if you travel together (or even maybe alone), the officer may deny her entry because of your green card. I am not sure but it is likely.

You guys really should talk to the int'l student/scholar adviser in her place, and possibly to an immigration lawyer before taking any steps.

thank you for your replies and help aos13.
do you mean that she will face such complications if we send ds-230 form for her too?
or in anyways we send or we dont she will have such problems?

thank you for your replies and help aos13.
do you mean that she will face such complications if we send ds-230 form for her too?
or in anyways we send or we dont she will have such problems?
If you send DS-230 for her, that means you are including her in your application to get a GC for her too! If you don't send DS-230, and only you end up getting the GC, then there will be possible complications for her as I wrote. Make sure you guys talk to somebody as I said.

but if I include and she cant get a waiver yet, means she wont get GC and neither she will be able to extend her ds2019 form..am i right?