married 7 years, green card 5 years through marrigae, what document needed for N400?

sweetpie

Registered Users (C)
hi, everyone, nice to find here!!! i am going to apply citizenship after i have green card for 5 years, and been married 7 years, i know i can applied 2 years ago, but just too lazy to do it. now i am ready for it, what document i have to send in? please give me some advices. thankssssss.

thanks, my questions are :

do i send in all the doucments base on 3 years marriages green card or not? if not, what doctment i should prepare? excuse me. i have green card 5 years. marriage 7 years.

do i send in all the doucments base on 3 years marriages green card or not? if not, what doctment i should prepare? excuse me. i have green card 5 years. marriage 7 years.
You qualify for both the 3 year marriage and regular 5 year rule, so you can pick any one.

But the 5 year one should be easier because it doesn't require you to prove anything about being in a bona fide marriage and living together with joint accounts and life insurance and all that jazz. They'll just ask for your marriage certificate and that's it.

However, the 5 year rule requires 30 months of physical presence, while the 3 year rule requires only 18 months. So if you have long stretches of trips outside the US 3-5 years ago, it might be better (or necessary, depending on the amount of travel) to use the 3 year rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
then, what should i send to the irs? sorry, so many questions. do i need write a letter with it? what should i write? many thanksss

sorry, i posted wrong, it is ins , not irs, still trying to find out what should i prepare for 5 years rule through marriage, what do i need? marriage certified, tax return, joint other things? account, credit card? insurance? prove marriage? if it is different from the 3 years, is different from other 5 years through the work green card, what do i need? thanks

sorry, i posted wrong, it is ins , not irs, still trying to find out what should i prepare for 5 years rule through marriage, what do i need? marriage certified, tax return, joint other things? account, credit card? insurance? prove marriage? if it is different from the 3 years, is different from other 5 years through the work green card, what do i need? thanks

There's no such thing as 5 years through marriage. It's either 3 years through marriage or 5 years LPR, regardless of how the GC was obtained. Since you'll be applying based on 5 years LPR, you'll be asked to present your marriage certificate at the interview. You won't be asked to provide any other documents to prove the legitimacy of your marriage, as your application won't be based on marriage to begin with.

Read the "guide to naturalization"; it has a document check list for each situation. (5 yr rule, marriage based etc etc)