• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Marriage after Immigrant Visa Issued

Npwinnerdv

Hello

I got my visa issued and have collected my passport. However, I want to marry before going to the United States as I have a girlfriend and I want to file for her on a later date not needing to come to my home country again. Will it create a problem if a CBP officer finds out I married before entering the United States?

While my post here is not an answer to the question being asked above, I can’t help but note the rather interesting progression of your case considering about 3 days ago (Saturday to be precise), you were asking if your IL would be delayed because you relocated ten months ago, did not update your DS260 form, and your CN is now current. And today, (Tuesday), you not only have completed your interview but actually have the visa issued and already have your passport back as a matter of fact.

While my post here is not an answer to the question being asked above, I can’t help but note the rather interesting progression of your case considering about 3 days ago (Saturday to be precise), you were asking if your IL would be delayed because you relocated ten months ago, did not update your DS260 form, and your CN is now current. And today, (Tuesday), you not only have completed your interview but actually have the visa issued and already have your passport back as a matter of fact.
That previous post was on behalf of one of my friend and this is my own question.

You should have clarified that post was for a friend when it was asked, and not posted it as your case considering you opened your forum account on the day you asked the question in the first place. Posting like you did tends to create confusion for folks responding.

As to your own question, getting married following visa approval and prior to initial entry on the issued IV shouldn’t be an issue at the POE.