March Filers, let's get together !!

Hi There! Im new to this forum and I have a few questions. My husband and I applied for the I-130 in March and I was wondering if that form is all we need to apply for? We've decided not to go the route of the I-129F and just wait for the I-130 to go through. We were wondering if we needed to apply for an EAD and a re entry permit. (he is from Washington and I am from Canada and will be occasionally taking day trips to visit my family). I have read on other sites that I will not need to apply for and EAD or a re entry permit because we have applied for the I-130 and that will give me all the rights of a permanent resident (I will be a temporary permanent resident until we have been married for 2 years.) Any help on these will be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hi There! Im new to this forum and I have a few questions. My husband and I applied for the I-130 in March and I was wondering if that form is all we need to apply for? We've decided not to go the route of the I-129F and just wait for the I-130 to go through. We were wondering if we needed to apply for an EAD and a re entry permit. (he is from Washington and I am from Canada and will be occasionally taking day trips to visit my family). I have read on other sites that I will not need to apply for and EAD or a re entry permit because we have applied for the I-130 and that will give me all the rights of a permanent resident (I will be a temporary permanent resident until we have been married for 2 years.) Any help on these will be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Card Production Ordered!

Just got an email saying the card production has been ordered!
So I should receive it in the next 1-2 weeks?
Holy cow, USCIS has been so efficient, I am embarrassed :eek:

Sure, I will post the interview details no matter what the result is.

BTW, I just saw your timelines in your previous posting. You had I485 LUD on May 15 and 17 and NOA on May 17. May I ask what's that about? The reason I'm asking is that I have exactly the same LUDs on my I485 which are May 15 & 17. But the online status still shows case received and pending... Don't know what that means. Thanks.

The LUD on MAY15/17 was Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed for I-485. RFE for Tax Return 2006.

I got the interview appointment with number 6. it is below the interview address. What number did you get?

Good luck.

Sure, I will post the interview details no matter what the result is.

BTW, I just saw your timelines in your previous posting. You had I485 LUD on May 15 and 17 and NOA on May 17. May I ask what's that about? The reason I'm asking is that I have exactly the same LUDs on my I485 which are May 15 & 17. But the online status still shows case received and pending... Don't know what that means. Thanks.

Actually my I-485 LUD was MAY11/15/17
MAY11 was received the RFE
MAY15 I did not know that
MAY17 I think it was NOA for the interview appointment. But I am not sure whether it is correct or not?

nice vaca

the good news keeps coming..huh. congrats !! I must say you have been very patient thruout this....kudos. T-2 for me...er, T-1.5

UMP...good luck for tomorrow, go shake the USCIS office ...get the GC, let us know !

no interview date yet

Is there anyone here who had an RFE and has been scheduled for an interview? I had an RFE, but I think things are taking too long. I need to know when my interview date it :(

Yes.....my timeline below.....I know is hard :confused: but be patient.

Is there anyone here who had an RFE and has been scheduled for an interview? I had an RFE, but I think things are taking too long. I need to know when my interview date it :(

Last edited by a moderator:
the good news keeps coming..huh. congrats !! I must say you have been very patient thruout this....kudos. T-2 for me...er, T-1.5

UMP...good luck for tomorrow, go shake the USCIS office ...get the GC, let us know !

Thank you, KKBOY. I'm so nervous I don't think I can sleep. Anyway, I will definitely share my experience as soon as I can get online. Talk to you tomorrow!

Hey md6968

Congrats

Any guesses as to when the actual card might arrive. It says that it might take upto 30 days.

Hi Kamaguru,

Yes, but some have received the EAD in 5-6 days after the email notice. Did you receive any confirmation by mail other than email notification? again it would take another week to get the social security card!!!

Thanks,

md6968

Hey md6968
I have not recieved any more emails about the card being sent or not.
Anyway it is good to know that it does not actually take 30 days as they say on the website.
I guess i did not know about the social security card....do they send a new one too?
Hope to see the card in the mail soon.
GL to you

Hi Kamaguru,

Yes, but some have received the EAD in 5-6 days after the email notice. Did you receive any confirmation by mail other than email notification? again it would take another week to get the social security card!!!

Thanks,

md6968

Thanks for your reply. I checked my interview notice. There's a number 9 at the bottom left corner.

The LUD on MAY15/17 was Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed for I-485. RFE for Tax Return 2006.

I got the interview appointment with number 6. it is below the interview address. What number did you get?

Good luck.

Hey md6968
I have not recieved any more emails about the card being sent or not.
Anyway it is good to know that it does not actually take 30 days as they say on the website.
I guess i did not know about the social security card....do they send a new one too?
Hope to see the card in the mail soon.
GL to you

Hi Kamaguru,

I moved here on B1/B2 basis & got married. I never had a work permit so no SS number. If you have a SS# already I guess there is no more waiting for you.
If you go back to the trends that people who have already received the EAD email had received the actual card in a very short period of time. Hopefully it's shouldn't take 30 days.

Good luck,

md6968

take it easy

How long was your interview? What kind of questions did they ask you? Could you give more information about your interview in Chicago?

I will have the interview in Chicago on Aug9.

Thank you very much.

She's talking about EAD.
Her partial timeline:

Interview notice received April 12th 07 (Scheduled for June 25th 07)
EAD card via email May 17th 07
AP received via mail May 21st 07
Awaiting....

that's right

KKboy is right. I was talking about EAD card.

Wish I could say that about my GC :eek:

She's talking about EAD.
Her partial timeline:

Interview notice received April 12th 07 (Scheduled for June 25th 07)
EAD card via email May 17th 07
AP received via mail May 21st 07
Awaiting....