!!!!march Chennai Interviews!!!!

Questions about CP interview in Chennai on March 20th

Hi,We have our CP interview scheduled on March 20th at Chennai. I have 3 questions:

1. Since February 1, 2002, there seems to be a new requirement to get TWO police clearance certificates. One from the regional RPO through the Embassy in the US and the other from the local police station in the city last resided. Has anyone does this? Is there any procedure to get this, since my parents enquired at the local police station and were told that they dont issue any certificate like that.

2. In Chennai, when do they return your papers after the interview? Can we get it the same day or is there a wait?

3. Where should the pictures for the GC taken? Any specifications?

Thanks!

No Title

Hi Kandyr,

I had specifically asked the lady who had answered my call in the consulate about the address to which they woudl send my pkt4. She told me that it will be sent to the indian address . So far we haven\'t recieved the pkt4 from consulate at india. I am just going to wait for a couple of days and call them again.

Rags R

akarun

1. Did you read officially that TWO police certificates are required ? If you are in US then PCC from embassy is sufficient, people discussing about RPO\'s are for those who are stationed in india(either themselves or their spouses). When you contact embassy here in US, they indeed contact your RPO and will provide you PCC. Do you see any reason why you would need clearance from the same authority twice ??
2.Blude dart delivers the papers,If you are in chennai - probably same day other than chennai if you are either in B\'lore or HYD most probably next day.
3.Konica labs oppt chola sheraton.

Questions on CP

Thanks for the response. Check out Sheela Murthy\'s website. Here\'s the link to the article I am referring to. It does talk about 2 PCCs.
http://www.murthy.com/UDudpcin.html

So, do you think we can leave Madras on 21st after the interview on the 20th? If we give a local Madras address, will the documents reach us in time?

How long do the photo guys take to give the pictures? Or can we get the pics done in US before we leave?

akarun: only PCC from embasy/consulate required for US residents

Blue Dart delivers only next day in Chennai, that too if it is not a holiday/sunday. Usually same case for B\'lore, Hyderabad. Any other places usually takes one more day. So, you may be able to leave on 21st (depending on your flight time), but to be on the safe side, u may want to keep an additional day.

Konica labs - Pictures are usually given within 2 hrs, but sometimes they take longer (when I went they were having some probs with their developing machine).

Dandelion: My appt is also on Mar 19 as you ..

Hi,

When are you planning to go for Meds.
I am leaving my email id as private message for you.
Let\'s keep in touch!

Employer name change?

Guys, please help! What documents are needed for an employment name change? Here is my situation:

1) I 140 approved October 21 2001
2) Company name change registered October 2 2001

I would like to know what documents are needed.
I Just have the Name change document and the Press News Article that was released in April 2001.

Are these enough?

Rajesh Paul , Dandellion and others

Thanks for all the info. You guys are phenomenally helpful.

So, as I understand after the interview is over, I have to submit my passport and all the other documents with the consulate which they would send me later via Blue Dart. Am Iright about this? Sso can I leave Madras the same evening or is it better to leave the next morning?

The fees as I find out from the consulate web site is as follows:
Application FeeRs. 12,740
Issuance FeeRs. 3,185
Diversity Visa SurchargeRs. 3,675
Returning Resident Visa ApplicationRs. 2,450
Transportation LetterRs. 5,880

Is this correct, as I need to request my parents to take the draft or is it better to wait till the 1st of march?
I have to take draft for only Issuance fees, application fess only right?

What is the fees for Blue Dart and how do I pay that? I was not able to find out from the madras consulate website (Aam i missing something or have they not mentioned it at all).

What is this diversity fee, returning resident visa application and transportation letter? I dont\' think I need to be concerned abt any of these fees (diversity, returning, travel) right?

Thanks for all the help,

Follow SriFx list

Namelater !!
I agree with Rashid and Dandelion.
Start with SriFx\' s list.
Just make sure that
1. Employment letter
2. Bank statements are not more than a month old.

Start collecting the documents as per the FAMOUS list. I am with the same.

Question for you : PCC from India - Is it a letter or a stmap in passport.

RRC

Rajesh Paul: Thank you.

You seem to have gone through CP already. Did you interview after Feb 1, 2002? This new rule of 2 PCCs seems to be effective only from Feb 2002. My attorney is confused. He is the one who mentioned the dual PCCs to me. And then I saw the note in Sheela Murthy\'s web site.

I have to be back in the US on 22nd. That\'s why we were considering leaving on 21st evening.

We don\'t have our old vaccination records. How does Lister lab handle this?

Is there list of documents that is needed for the interview somewhere?

akarun - Have you searched the site for your questions..

I understand your lawyer is confused but if you have either used search or read the bulletin carefully- It will clarify many doubts.There was a huge discussion on the subject with more than 300 threads sometime in late Jan and early feb. Lots of info.

I don\'t want to explain all the various scenarios noted in sheela murthy\'s bulletin, But to me this is what applies - Your case could be different and check the 5 scenarios and see what applies to you.

"Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain statements from their local embassies or consulates confirming they have no criminal records."

GCKhoj - check for the discussion "GCDespo from chennai "

GC Despo and sksquare were discussing something similar ..

sksquare "GC Despo: email from chennai" 2/15/02 11:58pm

cprocks - I am leaving on March 14th and planning to do medicals on Sat\'16th.

How to leave private msg ?? Make sure you call Dr V to make appt if you are planning to do lister and Dr V on same day..

some more answers

I finished mine on Jan 25, but since Jan folks were the first to be possibly affected by it there was quite a lot of discussion and clarifications obtained on this. Just go by what the consulate has specified, which is quite clear IMHO. US residents (indian passport holders living in US) need to get PCC from the local embassy/consulate. Infact, a local police station in India cannot issue a clearance certtificate since you don\'t even live there. So if this is your case, I would say just go with that.

You will be kind of cutting it close returning on 22nd. God forbid but what if you have to go back later to the consulate for some reason (like you have to do additional tests in medicals or something). Anyways, don\'t want to scare you. Its your call.

If you don\'t have old vaccination records, the doctor will give you the required vaccines (Lister has nothing to do with it). Usually this is just one or two. Make sure you carry adequate cash for these though (max Rs 3400).

List of documents are all over this site :) Check out some the CP successful thread Srifix\'s list, etc. Try the search facility.

Padayappa: please read through other threads also for your answers

Most of these questions have been answered many times. But anyways, yes you need to bother only about application and issuance fees.

Blue dart is Rs 250 + n* Rs 50, n is number of applicants.

Pasport/visa pkt/papers can be sent to you anywhere in India where Bluedart delivers. Check with Bluedart if they cover your area and time. They have a website which gives this info.

rajesh paul and dandellion

Tthanks for your patience in answering my questions. I will try to look for Blue dart info using search options.
Rajesh Paul, where did you get this number 250 + 50 n - is there any official web site that lists this infor?

No Title

Even I have my interview on March 20th.
I have one question ? in the immihelp.com - CP Documentation,
they mentioned that we need to take Company\'s Annual reports and
Financial Statements. Did you take those documents ? How important are these Documents ?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Padaiyappa

The Blue Dart amount of Rs. 250 + 50 x n has been indicated by CPers who have already attended their CP interview and have paid this amount.