!!!!march Chennai Interviews!!!!

PCC from local police station?

Guys, Are you planning to take PCC from local police station in India? I am seeing some people posting Chennai asked for PCC from local police station? Probably it is different case where people have stayed in India only?
I have a PCC from Indian consulate in New York. Hope this is sufficient!.

No Title

I am not planning to take local PCC. I took one from Houston Consulate. There are so many postings who already got GC successfully with PCC from consulates only.

The ones who are getting local PCC are

a. people who are living in India (they may have been US before)
b. people who didn\'t get PCC from consulate and tried getting from RPO in India (consulate may have confused this as person living in India)
c. people who are plain confused

People residing in US "do not" need PCC from local police stn.

Dandelion, Just i want to cross check with you regarding Lister labs.

Is it open on March 16th (saturday)? At what time you are reaching chennai on 16th. I am reaching 2.00 a.m on 16th.

Interview on March 20th

Hi!

For the interview on March 20th, is it enough to go to the doctor on the 18th? Planning to leave India on the 22nd. Some of you mentioned that it is cutting it too fine. But under normal circumstances when there is no problem with documents, do they return documents the next day in Madras?

Thanks to all those who responded regarding the PCCs.

Thanks for all your help, guys! This is a great forum.

Help/Help (Anyone flying out from Californai to Chennai in March)

All,

Let me wish you all a successful trip to Chennai for the Consular Interview.

Apologize for posting this message in this discussion listing, but wanted to find out if there is anyone leaving from CA for the March interview. Can you please send me an e-mail at \'neel_s@yahoo.com\'.

Many thanks.
Neel

Hi all

We had filled-in the DS forms, IRS forms etc., sometime back. Now in packet 4 consulate has sent DS 230 I & II, IRS 9003. Should we fill and take the forms sent by them or can we take the downloaded forms, which we had already filled-in. I am not sure what we shud do.

Did you get your Packet 4

Hi Rags R,
Did you get your Packet 4 from the Chennai Consulate. My wife had asked it to be mailed to local address in India and when I asked them they said that it was mailed on 10th Feb. It has not reached and it is already 15 days.
When my wife called the consulate yesterday, they said to use the packet-4 downloaded off the website. I am not sure what is happening.
I guess she need to take the website printout as her apt. letter, which I saw some people doing.
Thanks

pkt 3 qustion

Dandelion,

I saw one of your old msg where you were thinking of downloading
pkt 3 from web and sending it to the consulate.
just wondering if you did it and how long it took to get
the interview date?

thanks in advance for your help.

u_me

Flying to madras

Hey!

I cant seem to find tickets to fly to Madras direct. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You can use your previous filled up forms...according to lawyer

Shynee,

My lawyer had already sent me the completed part II forms eventhough I am waiting for APRIL interview. According to them you don\'t need to RE-DO it again since the consulate has sent you them.

Just make sure that YOUR filled up forms and the CONSULATE forms (FOR PART II) have the same format and the same questions.

Blank Part I DS-230 is being sent, so that if you need to correct anything you have stated in the PKT 3 PART I form, you could do it and submit them at the time of interview.

My 2 cents.

Try Malaysian airlines

Malaysian airlines fly direct to Chennai.
They are cheap aswell provide good service and also Freq flier miles to NW airlines.

They fly from Newark and LA .They also offer connections to the cities they fly frm.

No Company Docs

Hi,
I finished my interveiw on 21st Dec 2001. I just submitted the employment letter from my company and also 3 paystubs.
All they asked for was the empl. letter. Nothing else.
Good Luck

Did Anyone get their packet 4 for March Interview from Chennai

Did any of you get your Packet 4 from the Chennai Consulate. My wife had asked it to be mailed to local address in India and when I asked them they said that it was mailed on 10th Feb. It has not reached and it is already 15 days.
When my wife called the consulate yesterday, they said to use the packet-4 downloaded off the website. I am not sure what is happening.
I guess she need to take the website printout as her apt. letter, which I saw some people doing.
Thanks