!!!!march Chennai Interviews!!!!

Packet 4 delivered to Indian address

My parents gave me a call last night saying packet4 delivered. Interview on March 20th. Booking air-tickets thru swiss air.

No Title

GCKhoj,

Good to hear that. Can you tell me by which courier service it was delivered, so that I can ask my parents to check if they deliver on sunday. I need to ask someone to stay at home on sunday if the courier delivers on Sunday!!!

Thks,
Rags R

No Title

Hi veejnas,

Good to know that. We will meet your wife in the consulate. Good luck

Rags R

padayappa some answers

It is possible on saturday bur check with Dr V if she can give you an appointment. Just call her number and set up.

Once again, web page print out of appointment will do.

Its sent by post not courier

BTW courier service that Chennai uses (for later things) is Blue Dart and they donot deliver on Sunday

thanks Dandelion: Yes I have W-2

I have my 2001 and all previous W-2s and tax filing copy for 2001 too.
ours is bi-weekly and hope the next two will be sufficient.

My case is NOT direct deposit. Do you guys think the bank statement showing the pay amount deposit is of any help ?

your response will be appreciated.

Interview on March 18th--Please HELP!!!

Hello,

I just received packet 4(employment-based). My wife and myself have an interview on March 18.In Packet it says...
3. Please read carefully the requirements regarding evidence of financial support in the U.S. Please bring ALL required documents from the petitioner and (if required) the joint sponsor on your FIRST visit. AVOID THE EXPENSE AND INCONVENIENCE OF A SECOND TRIP TO THE CONSULATE. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE REGARDING SPONSORS\' MINIMUM INCOME REQUIREMENTS.

Could you please explain what does this mean and what is the sponsors minimum requirement(Is this min. salary!!)? Also do I have to get an affidavit of support for my wife?
Thank you for your help.

Interview on March 22

My wife & i have an interview on 3/22 as well. EB2. Got the info from Chennai consulate\'s web site. Haven\'t recd the appt letter yet - has anyone recd their letters? I had emailed them asking them to send to an address in India, but they haven;t responded. So I\'m not sure if they\'ll be sending it to the Indian address or the US.

Rajesh Paul and others Please help here...

Rajesh. Thanks for your suggestion abt the Doctor.
tHIS MIGHT HAVE been answered somewhere, I am just not able to find it. Please be kind enough to answer it again.
Thanks,

I have a few questions
IU have not given an Indian address for P4. I am sure that I am not going to get it in the US before I leave. They are not going to send me the entire pkt.

1) Can a relative go and collect on my behalf the entire P4. (What are the documents my relative needs to collect from the consulate. Would they also give him the appointment letter).
What is this DS230 part 2 form and IRS 9003 form. Are they current in the immihelp.com web site?

2)1) Is the medical examination form (from the madras.sphynx.com website )the one I need to take. It is abt a page long. My attorney told me that he is not sure about this area.

3) What is this form OF 157 that is mentioned at the bottom of the Medical Examination form from the consulate web site.
"The person named above has been medically
examined by me and my report is submitted on
the attached form OF-157."

Where can I get this form. WILL THIs be in the P4 or will the doctor have it or will I have to download the form from some where.

4) In IMMIhelp. com, it says

I also need the following:
Filled Packet 3 forms that consulate mailed you, if you haven\'t already sent them.

or do I have to take the other things

What is this filled p3 form. I filled out only ds230 part 1 and of 230 part1 and sent it to my attorney. I did not receive anything from the consulate. Should I have received any more forms.

Thanks,

RRC!.

Glad to know that you are scheduled on Mar 27th too...
I haven\'t yet started the process yet. I was lagging behind since begining. I was swamped in my job these days..

Today, I was told by my parents that they have received packet-4.

Where do I start the process now? I haven\'t got the employment letter, bank statement, IRs9003 etc.,

What do you suggest for me? Is it better to start with Packet-4?

Please post your thoughts here!

padaiyappa -

1) Partial answer - DS 230 part 2(sworn statement) is the form you need to fill and take it to the consulate along with IRS 9003 - which explains your fiscal reponsibility.Both are must - They are good from Immihelp.com, download fillable forms. IRS-9003(yellow color is not mandatory) !!

2) Medical test- Look for supermans posting after he completed CP. As far as I know there are 2 vaccinations that are considered very imp - MMR and varicella. If you had chicken pox earlier then it is waived..

3) I think(again I think) the medical lab test application form itself is considered as of-157.

4) I guess the message is a bit confusing. I too have not recieved netiher took photocopies of ds 230 part 1 and of-169. If you have attorneys you and if they are preparing your pkt-4 then they will include in it . If not you can ask them if they have any photocopies of them.

Just a suggestion on Dr V interview

Guys,

It is just my suggestion - If you have interviews after March 18th( I haven\'t seen any posting having on March 18th) or 19th, Please do not block appointments on March 16th. It will be lot difficult for those like me reaching 16th early morning and planning to do both lab + doctor. I made my appt on 16th late evening @ 5:15 and found out that all the slots after 5:00 are filled. Just consider !!!

How far is Dr V from lister and how much time to expect considering evening traffic ??

some more answers

1) Can a relative go and collect on my behalf the entire P4. (What are the documents my relative needs to collect from the consulate. Would they also give him the appointment letter).
What is this DS230 part 2 form and IRS 9003 form. Are they current in the immihelp.com web site?

>>Available on immihelp.com (fillable forms). Fill but don\'t sign DS230 pt 2.

2)1) Is the medical examination form (from the madras.sphynx.com website )the one I need to take. It is abt a page long. My attorney told me that he is not sure about this area.

>>Don\'t necessarily need to take it. Lister lab has these forms. You do need passport size photos, passports and apt letter/web page printout though.

3) What is this form OF 157 that is mentioned at the bottom of the Medical Examination form from the consulate web site.
"The person named above has been medically
examined by me and my report is submitted on
the attached form OF-157." Where can I get this form. WILL THIs be in the P4 or will the doctor have it or will I have to download the form from some where.

>> part of pkt doc will give you after completion, so don\'t bother

4) In IMMIhelp. com, it says

I also need the following:
Filled Packet 3 forms that consulate mailed you, if you haven\'t already sent them. or do I have to take the other things What is this filled p3 form. I filled out only ds230 part 1 and of 230 part1 and sent it to my attorney. I did not receive anything from the consulate. Should I have received any more forms.

>> No, you will not recieve anything else from the consulate. The "packet 3" is DS230 pt 1 and OF169, which you have already completed and sent. Take the copies of what you sent. If there are any changes in the info filled in, you can submit a new one the time of interview. In addition you will also need I134 for dependents (which you may have recieved as part of pkt 3, or is also available on immihelp.com)