March 2011 Filers

Update: Completed Biometrics today in Houston..:) Now the wait for EAD and I131 continues...

Congratulations buddy!

You seem to be making pretty good progress :)

It usually takes about 10 days from your biometrics day that you should receive the EAD/AP.

All the best...coz the next step is the most important and last one in this uber long journey ;)

Still waiting to hear anything:( 30 days is up next Tuesday..this is just neverending for us! (sigh)

Does or did anyone not get a notice of any form for more than five weeks after application package arrived at USCIS? It has been more than five weeks without a notice from USCIS. We called last week and this week and were told to wait. We are really puzzled and frustrated. How can a package not processed for more than five weeks! They had no idea where our application package was. Is there any other better options besides waiting? We don't want to send another application package for now.

asc raleigh
do raleigh nc
(1) on 10th march mailed files i485,i130,i131,i765
(2) on 18th march received notice
(3) on 04/07/2011 received letter for biometrics for date 05/02/2011
(4) successful walk in on 04/07/2011
(5) on 04/27/2011 e-mail notification for ead production on i765 and i131
(6) received letter on 05/02/2011 for interview on 06/02/2011 mailed to me on 04/27/2011
have not received my ead card yet
do i really get one or it is the greencard directly
one of my friend even his ead was approvedon 04/27 and he received it yesterday but he has not received interview letter yet
cna somebody explain me how it is going to work now on?
should i expext for ead card or i may not get that?
than ks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you noella, I will call them to check.
OK, I just talked to an officer at USCIS and he told I should wait.
My application is in CSC and he said it normally takes about 5 months from the date they receive the application until it complete, which mean the interview at GC.
However, processing time may be less or longer depending on number of applications, law or etc.
So, I can expect my dad to have VISA around Sep or Oct.
@ngvuanh

Have you spoken with your ASC or called the NCSC to see what is the latest update on your case?

Its been over 30 days since you last saw any movement on your case so you should be able to call them and let them know of the same, giving them a chance to look into it and maybe sort this endless waiting game for you!

All the best!

Does or did anyone not get a notice of any form for more than five weeks after application package arrived at USCIS? It has been more than five weeks without a notice from USCIS. We called last week and this week and were told to wait. We are really puzzled and frustrated. How can a package not processed for more than five weeks! They had no idea where our application package was. Is there any other better options besides waiting? We don't want to send another application package for now.

Hey,

It is not normal but I will not say it does not happen.

If after 30 days of you sending the package (specially when you have proof that it got delivered) you are allowed to call the NCSC and talk to them.

If they can not trace your applications, they are supposed to escalate your call to an officer who will look into it.

If they are just asking you to call back week after week, you can rightfully contact USCIS directly - their details are on the website.

Explain your case to them and they will look into it.

All the best pal!

asc raleigh
do raleigh nc
(1) on 10th march mailed files i485,i130,i131,i765
(2) on 18th march received notice
(3) on 04/07/2011 received letter for biometrics for date 05/02/2011
(4) successful walk in on 04/07/2011
(5) on 04/27/2011 e-mail notification for ead production on i765 and i131
(6) received letter on 05/02/2011 for interview on 06/02/2011 mailed to me on 04/27/2011
have not received my ead card yet
do i really get one or it is the greencard directly
one of my friend even his ead was approvedon 04/27 and he received it yesterday but he has not received interview letter yet
cna somebody explain me how it is going to work now on?
should i expext for ead card or i may not get that?
than ks

Heya,

From the time they do your biometrics, you get your EAD in 10 days. Your case seems to be prolonged, the EAD should have been with you by now for sure.

Call the NCSC and talk to them, you need the EAD for employment - that is if you wish to take up a job.

The interview determines your eligibility for a GC - the thing that you need to live in the US legally....so you may or may not need a EAD depending on your plans to get a job or work however the GC is the last step of this entire process.

Hope this helps and is what you were looking for, if not, try and explain your question more in detail.

All the best!

Update
Biometrics done..took like 15 mins..

Congratulations Andypaul!

Now your EAD should be in the mail and with you in about 10 days.

I am waiting for the IL, looking at the time it takes to process the I-485/I-130 I am guessing it will be a month!!!!

I am working anyways so I don't have idle time to sit and keep wondering lol! which is good in many way's as I do worry a lot ;)

I just hope our July trip takes place like its supposed to...

All the best pal!

Its been 24 days since we did the FP, and have not received EAD yet. I just called the FBI now and the confirm that the FP was received into their system on the April 12th, processed and sent back to the USCIS on the same day.

Any ideas why its taking so long to receive EAD?

21 March 2011 - Package Sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
22 March 2011 - Delivered. Signed for by S.BUSH
25 March 2011 - 3 Emails received for (I-130, I-485, I-765)
28 March 2011 - Checks cashed
31 March 2011 - NOA received
04 April 2011 - I-131 Sent
05 April 2011 - I-131 received at Chicago LockBox
11 April 2011 - FP Apt received. Apt May 4th 2011
12 April 2011 - FP Done
20 April 2011 - I-131 Approved
25 April 2011 - I-131 in hand

ASC - Lubbock TX
DO - El Paso, TX

Congratulations Andypaul!

Now your EAD should be in the mail and with you in about 10 days.

I am waiting for the IL, looking at the time it takes to process the I-485/I-130 I am guessing it will be a month!!!!

I am working anyways so I don't have idle time to sit and keep wondering lol! which is good in many way's as I do worry a lot ;)

I just hope our July trip takes place like its supposed to...

All the best pal!

thanks Noella.. hopefully i ll get the EAD soon..lets c i have lit more patience lol..wish u all the best . good luck for ur trip..

@heavymen...I am in the same boat. I realize that there is no set trend with USCIS. I was hoping by today I would have received something because most seem to take around 20 days of the biometrics. Hopefully something will happen really soon.

I called USCIS yesterday and was told that it is taking them 4-6 weeks just to complete the data entry to get receipt numbers! I don't know how much I believe that because there were people that sent after mine & they already recieved something. Tuesday is 1 month since they recieved my package..can't believe I'm still at step 1----getting pretty ridiculous:(

I don't know what to do or what to even think anymore...just frustrated beyond belief!

@maraL: I would suggest you to take it easy. You will get your green card thats the fact. I am lil worried too but trying not tooo..

Thanks, Maverick! It's hard to stay positive. THe GC is for my husband:) Just frustrating for me I guess..

Thanks, Maverick! It's hard to stay positive. THe GC is for my husband:) Just frustrating for me I guess..

Hang in there maraL, I know you have been through thick and thin. Having your package rejected twice must have stung. But your hubby will go green before the end of this summer.

Hang in there maraL, I know you have been through thick and thin. Having your package rejected twice must have stung. But your hubby will go green before the end of this summer.

Thomkip~"Out of your mouth & into GOD"S ears"...I hope so!

just received my ead card on 05/07/2011 with expiration of 1 year
i am on h1b visa and as i have received my ead card and interview is scheduled on 06/02/2011 still am i under h1b or i can change my job now?

Hey,

It is not normal but I will not say it does not happen.

If after 30 days of you sending the package (specially when you have proof that it got delivered) you are allowed to call the NCSC and talk to them.

If they can not trace your applications, they are supposed to escalate your call to an officer who will look into it.

If they are just asking you to call back week after week, you can rightfully contact USCIS directly - their details are on the website.

Explain your case to them and they will look into it.

All the best pal!

Hi Noella,

Thanks for your info! I called USCIS and was told to wait. I also sent an email but haven't got any reply yet. My package was mailed out on a Friday and was delivered at around 1:30 PM on following Sunday. I am not really if anyone works at USCIS on Sundays. I had a doubt whether my package was really delivered, so I called USPS about my package. It was a priority mail and I was told a person from USCIS signed when it was delivered. I will give USCIS another call this week.

All the best,