March 2010 Family based filers, post here.

NJBug,

Did you get you work authorization already?

Thanks,

Itajuru

Itajuru, no, I haven't received the EAD card. I did get an email last week saying that the EAD has been approved, but I haven't seen the card. You should read some earlier replies on this post. I think somebody posted his/her experience of calling to expedite the EAD application. It seems like a few people have succeeded. Good luck.

Interview

Hi everyone, I had my interview yesterday thank God, I will post details layer today by God's grace.

We had our AOS interview on Yesterday, our appointment was for 3pm but I got the poor husband out of the house in such a hurry that we were already seated in the lobby around 2:15pm. I had a binder packed with originals of all documents we had submitted earlier, extra photocopies and even more updated documents as proof of our relationship. I also took a very nice album of the big ceremonies we had in my home country. Anyway, we were called in around 3:15pm by an African American lady perhaps in her late 30s or early 40s who barely smiled when she called us in, but she immediately told us that she had a bad headache.*I said a little prayer in my mind before we took the oath, I was not afraid of our marriage because we are as real as they get, but I was scared that my pending EB3 file in Texas might cause a bottleneck (I never got a confirmation that it had been transferred and consolidated with my new marriage based file). But to my biggest shock and dismay, the interviewer never mentioned one word about it all through the interview that lasted about 30 minutes, but I know she saw it because she confirmed everything I had written on my 485 application. She started by asking how to pronounce my name and asked us to confirm the information on the I130 (husband) and I485 (me). She only asked me 5 of the Yes/No questions. She then started going through the contents of my file and when she got to the set of pictures I had submitted with the original I130, I told her we had the album here, which would be a better view, and boy that worked like magic, she was very intrigued that the ceremonies were so elaborate and colorful.

She asked how we met, and that was another funny story that made her laugh. She asked how long we dated for before marriage (one year from first meeting till court ceremony), she asked if we had any kids or previous marriages.

She asked me for my status when I first entered the US and I said F-1, she then asked if I graduated from my program and I said yes (MBA 7 years ago), she then asked for my passport again to take my I94, asked if I had anymore documents to give her, and I gave her updated bank statements and retirement plan showing name of beneficiary (spouse). She flipped through a document that showed that contained perhaps the results of the background investigation which showed that I went to my home country for just one day in 2005, I told her that I went to attend my sister’s wedding and I had just started a new job so I could not take a lot of time off. She said everything looked fine and she was recommending approval to her supervisor, that we should expect a mail in three days and the card within 30 days, she told us that we would need to remove conditions after 1yr 9 months (even explained that she could not give 10 yrs because the marriage is less than 2 years), she was indeed very very nice to us afterall, she did not take EAD (the one I got through my EB3 AOS application).

I am so thankful that everything went well yday, I am now waiting for the card production email soon by God's grace. Thanks to you all in this forum and all the best to us all!*

Congrats TKD, great news.

One day trip back to your home country, phew that must have been something :)

Updated interview list -
5/25 -TKD --- DONE
6/07 -Ca-guy
6/08 -singh57 and Zicomania
6/11 -Oro
6/14 -Jason79
6/27 -nick8844
6/21 -Scipio Marcus
6/28 -AC1228, NJBug
6/29 -gentle guy, newid123
6/30 -atlbutterfly

Congrats TKD, great news.

One day trip back to your home country, phew that must have been something :)

Updated interview list -
5/25 -TKD --- DONE
6/07 -Ca-guy
6/08 -singh57 and Zicomania
6/11 -Oro
6/14 -Jason79
6/27 -nick8844
6/21 -Scipio Marcus
6/28 -AC1228, NJBug
6/29 -gentle guy, newid123
6/30 -atlbutterfly

Congrats TKD. I'm glad everything well went for you. Thanks for the summary! That's so cool NJBub. I guess NJ is finally catching up. Waiting for EAD for now

congratlations TKD. Glad things went very well at the interview and thank you very much for the detailed interview experience.

CONGRATS TKD, and thanx for typing the elaborate interview experience. Stay here to provide some advice/encouragement!!

In other news, got mine EAD prodn email last night!!

Waiting for IL

I see so many people got their interview letter, but I still have not. Wonder why?

March 4, received I130, I485
March 24 FP done
still waiting for IL

I thought I'd make it detailed since I am the first person in our month to go through the process. I will definitely stay around to cheer and send updates too by God's grace.

And year I went to my home country for one day! The best $1500 I ever spent! Seeing my sister get married and knowing how happy she was to see me there made me so glad.

Hi everybody. I've been perusing this thread ever since my husband (us citizen) and i (visitor visa) filed for my petition. and it truly has been a great help. i just wanted to wish everybody good luck with the interviews and may God's grace be with all of you.

here's my interview experience.. it was on may 20. and believe me, i did not sleep a wink the night before. i have a bit of an obsessive compulsive personality so i kept rearranging the files/documents that we were to bring for the interview. we were there about 30 minutes before our appointment. we had this huge bag of documents/photos with us. while waiting, my husband kept on making jokes to make me feel at ease. to make the long story short, we were the noisiest ones (laughing) in that waiting room. i think we were the only ones who were moving at that point since everybody else waiting was so tense. we got called in by a middle aged male officer exactly on our designated appointment. he was really, really very pleasant. i had this horrific pictures in my head about the abominable interview officer we might get. but to my pleasant surprise, he was the exact opposite. the interview took awhile though. because the IO and i were so talkative. yes, we swapped stories with the IO. they're human! then inside that interview room, i think it was my husband's turn to be nervous. it was the first time ever i saw him quiet and speechless. i was only asked 3 questions aside from the YES/NO ones. my full name, my parents' names and when was my last entry into the USA. the rest of the questions were directed to my husband. which i found a bit weird, because he's the US citizen. i thought i was going to be the one to get grilled since i was the beneficiary. then the IO asked for documents that had both our names on it. i was only able to give him copies of our lease agreement, bank statements and tax documents. the rest were in my husband's name so he didn't take those. and he picked a few pages off the photo collage that i made and the IO kept it in his file. then that was it. the IO said i should be receiving my GC in the mail in about 3 weeks. thank God!

i'd try to post my time line but everything seems a blur that i can't seem to remember the dates anymore. since the interview a week ago, we've already gotten the approval notice in the mail, but no welcome letter yet. then 2 emails about GC card production. oh and i haven't even gotten my EAD yet prior to the interview and it still hasn't arrived. i wonder which one i'll get first the GC or the EAD.

again, goodluck to everybody! God bless all of you!

----------------------------------------------------------
3/5 - sent out packet through our lawyer
3/11 - packet received by USCIS
3/15 - checks cashed
3/19 - FP letter for 3/31
3/31 - FP done
5/13 - first email about EAD card production
5/17 - second email about EAD card production
5/20 - interview -- APPROVED!!
5/21 - first email about GC prod'n
5/26 - second email about GC prod'n
5/26 - email sent for EAD approval notice, and notice in the mail for my husband regarding approval of my petition

hopefully, i'll be getting the GC soon. i need to work and help my husband save money! we're planning a trip to our home country soon! goodluck again everybody!

Congratulations jdroid! What district office did you interview at? Our IO was also very chatty and My husband could only look in shock as she and I talked about our weddings and the flowers, she showed us her wedding picture and told us about her family too. It was a big relief to have someone who made my nerves calm down!! She said I will get the approval mail in 3 days, after her supervisor approves, I guess there is some sort of batch approval in Baltimore, so I am waiting patiently.
Welcome to the work force, but I can tell you that after 8 years of working here in the US, it might not be as exciting as you think, laugh!

My "GC" journey:
12/08/2006 - I-130 sent to Vermont (husband LPR)
12/19/2006 - NOA for I-130 received
11/18/2009 - I-130 transferred from Vermont to Texas (NOA)
11/25/2009 - I-130 upgraded by phone (husband became US citizen)
11/27/2009 - I-485, I-765 & both G-325A sent
12/04/2009 - NOA for I-485 & I-765 received
12/08/2009 - Biometrics appointment notice
12/31/2009 - Biometrics appointment
01/04/2010 - I-693 sent (Report of Medical)
01/11/2010 - I-693 received by USCIS
01/25/2010 - EAD received
01/27/2010 - AOS interview notice received
03/08/2010 - AOS interview in Garden City, NY (no decision made)
05/26/2010 - I-130 transferred from Texas to New York, NY local office
06/15/2010 - Infopass appt. (Garden City)
06/22/2010 - Card production ordered
06/25/2010 - Card production ordered (second e-mail)
06/26/2010- Welcome letter received
07/06/2010
- Green Card received in mail

Last edited by a moderator:
March 19th/2010 Received date.

March 28th Especial interview to request for Parole to travel out of the country. (Almost impossible to get the Parole, first, denied. I asked to speak to the officer and finally after a long conversation I was granted the Parole to travel).

April 07th received a letter saying that the I-693 was incomplete. The Doctor forgot to sign page # 5. O April 29th USCI received the request for initial Evidence (I-485)

April 20th, done the finger printer.

May 14th, letter for the interview, scheduled for July 1st.

I am still waiting for the EAC. (I can't wait anymore) my job is giving to me only until the 28th. If I don't get the work authorization card, I will be terminated. I am on serious trouble because I don’t have my EAC.

What should I do?

I used to have the H1B Visa and my job was going to renew for three more years

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05/27 - Once again, I called immigration and I was able to request to expedite my EAD (Work Authorization). I am not sure if the request is going to help. I explained to the agent that I am about to be terminated from my job and that I can't afford to be unemployed. Friday the 28th is going to be my last day that my job will give to me to present the card. I will have to talk to my supervisor to give me a couple more weeks of personal leave.
Last edited by itajuru; 27th May 2010 at 07:59 PM.

thanks TKD! :) we were interviewed at the LA district office. i got my welcome notice in the mail today, it says the GC should be arriving in 3 weeks.

i hope and pray we all get our GCs soon so we can all move on. :) i used to have my own business back home, so once i find a job here, it'll be my first time to work. EVER. :) for somebody else that is. goodluck to me then. and whoever hires me. haha! :)

Congratulations jdroid! What district office did you interview at? Our IO was also very chatty and My husband could only look in shock as she and I talked about our weddings and the flowers, she showed us her wedding picture and told us about her family too. It was a big relief to have someone who made my nerves calm down!! She said I will get the approval mail in 3 days, after her supervisor approves, I guess there is some sort of batch approval in Baltimore, so I am waiting patiently.
Welcome to the work force, but I can tell you that after 8 years of working here in the US, it might not be as exciting as you think, laugh!