March 2010 Family based filers, post here.

Summary of interview dates received so far....

5/25 -TKD
6/07 -Ca-guy
6/08 -singh57 and Zicomania
6/11 -Oro
6/14 -Jason79
6/21 -Scipio Marcus
6/29 -gentle guy

Am I missing anyone?

Mine is is exactly one week! I am yet to pull my docs together :(, and I am not even feeling nervous, will gather everything over the weekend by God's grace. Its just so good to be this close after all these years of F1, H1b and EB3 retrogression...and now all it took was 2 months of filling marriage based to be this close to getting it!

Good luck to all of us!

Received IL today :)

03/29/2010 Day 1.....Mailed I-130, I-485, etc
03/31/2010 Day 2.....USCIS confirming receipt of application.
04/12/2010 Day 14...Received NOA
04/16/2010 Day 18...Received biometrics letter for 4/26
04/26/2010 Day 28...Biometrics is done
05/19/2010 Day 51...Received IL for 6/17
06/17/2010 Day 78...Interview Day

Seems my 3rd try at getting my EAD expedited was successful, as I received the card production email today. To recap; I tried a phone request but it got denied for lack of evidence, so I sent the contract and documents to the NBC, but they sent it back saying that they don't handle expedite requests and I would have to make an INFOPASS appointment or call the support line. So I made an INFOPASS appt last Friday, went in with all the documents again and the lady said it would be approved Monday or soon after. Got the email today.

I received my EAD card production email today. It said i should be getting it within 30 days. hopefully it won't take that long. Now, i just got to wait for IL...Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up!

I received my EAD card production email today. It said i should be getting it within 30 days. hopefully it won't take that long. Now, i just got to wait for IL...Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up!

AC1228, yes, I guess we have very similar timeline. I finally got my EAD production email and travel approval email, but still nothing about the interview :( I guess New Jersey is too populated that everything is slower than other places. I really hope we could get an interview letter soon so my husband and I can plan for the moving. Are there any people from New Jersey who have already received the interview letter?

AC1228, yes, I guess we have very similar timeline. I finally got my EAD production email and travel approval email, but still nothing about the interview :( I guess New Jersey is too populated that everything is slower than other places. I really hope we could get an interview letter soon so my husband and I can plan for the moving. Are there any people from New Jersey who have already received the interview letter?

ac1228, njbug,

I applied in March from NJ as well. pls see my signature for timeline.
I have another EB case pending. Till now, I was thinking, that was the reason behind my delay. May be, that's not the only reason for my case delay.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I am joining this thread rather a bit late but I have actually been following everyone's posts from the very beginning. I received my IL letter today (yay!!) for June 30, however have heard nothing about the EAD or AP yet.

Anyone has or had their interview in Atlanta? I mailed my application on 3/10 and checks were cashed on 3/17. Received receipts and completed biometrics as expected. It's day 58 today and haven't received IL yet. Am I within normal timelines for Atlanta or do I need to worry?

I am in Atlanta too and just received my IL today. It looks like out timelines are almost the same, so if you haven't received yours already, it might get there in the next few days.

wouldn't be nice to show the city where the FP/interview are done?
maybe we can get a better idea about the times

@TKD - sending best wishes your way for tomorrow. Hope everything goes smoothly.
Will be waiting for updates from you.

Thanks people.... I am now so nervous!!!! I spent last night gathering and gathering documents, and I have been doing same at work today, printing out emails etc. Crazy husband does not want to practise questions, thinks its no big deal, laugh :)....

I hope to be here with good news tomorrow evening by God's grace.

Congrats AC1228.

Updating the interview dates received so far -

5/25 -TKD
6/07 -Ca-guy
6/08 -singh57 and Zicomania
6/11 -Oro
6/14 -Jason79
6/27 -nick8844
6/21 -Scipio Marcus
6/28 -AC1228
6/29 -gentle guy
6/30 -atlbutterfly

Recevied Interview date

Received interview notice today. Please see signature for timeline.

My EB case is still sitting in Texas (as far as I know). Not sure, what is the best way to get that transferred to Newark ?

Should I call texas ? or newark ? or just uscis customer service ? or my company's corporate lawyer who helped me with filing this case ?

March 19th/2010 Received date

March 28th Especial interview to request for Parole to travel out of the country. (Almost impossible to get the Parole, first, denied. I asked to speak to the officer and finally after a long conversation I was granted the Parole to travel).

April 07th received a letter saying that the I-693 was incomplete. The Doctor forgot to sign page # 5. O April 29th USCI received the request for initial Evidence (I-485)

April 20th, done the finger printer.

May 14th, letter for the interview, scheduled for July 1st.

I am still waiting for the EAC. (I can't wait anymore) my job is giving to me only until the 28th. If I don't get the work authorization card, I will be terminated. I am on serious trouble because I don’t have my EAC.

What should I do?

I used to have the H1B Visa and my job was going to renew for three more years.

March 19th/2010 Received date.

March 28th Especial interview to request for Parole to travel out of the country. (Almost impossible to get the Parole, first, denied. I asked to speak to the officer and finally after a long conversation I was granted the Parole to travel).

April 07th received a letter saying that the I-693 was incomplete. The Doctor forgot to sign page # 5. O April 29th USCI received the request for initial Evidence (I-485)

April 20th, done the finger printer.

May 14th, letter for the interview, scheduled for July 1st.

I am still waiting for the EAC. (I can't wait anymore) my job is giving to me only until the 28th. If I don't get the work authorization card, I will be terminated. I am on serious trouble because I don’t have my EAC.

What should I do?

I used to have the H1B Visa and my job was going to renew for three more years

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05/27 - Once again, I called immigration and I was able to request to expedite my EAD (Work Authorization). I am not sure if the request is going to help. I explained to the agent that I am about to be terminated from my job and that I can't afford to be unemployed. Friday the 28th is going to be my last day that my job will give to me to present the card. I will have to talk to my supervisor to give me a couple more weeks of personal leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should call to expedite your EAD, you ma read about that from previous posts in this forum.