March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

congrats sunland.

update i got another update from CRIS my card production has been reordered again (i was starting to get worried as my green card hadn't turned up. There must have been a problem at their end.)

Are you able to see the status of both I-485 and I-130 online? Are they suppose to show up together or separate?

Hi yankyank, I have seen I-130 n I-485 online status from 5/27/2009 separately by MSC numbers,the status shows case received and pending.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was only able to see the case status online for my I485 and I130 today. Wasn't able to see it in the past. I485 shows that card production was ordered today and the I130 case is pending.

sherry:
what I mean with comprehensive application is that you include as many supporting documents as you can such as joint bank account information, health insurance, auto insurance, 3rd party affidavits, etc. In short, build a strong case so that the IO will have no doubt that your marriage is genuine. :)

I received my EAD on 5/9. My DO is Newark. I see some people with Newark DO have already received their appointment notice. So, I called the 1 800 number and was transferred to a IO. She mentioned that my file has not cleared "background check" and hence my file has not been sent to the local office.
Does this mean that I'll not receive the appointment notice until my file clears background check? How long should I wait until I contact USCIS again to know the status of background check? Can I do anything at this time to expedite my case? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I read something on these forums that suggest that some people had interview before security clearance.
Does this mean that I could still receive an appointment notice before the background check?
Does my file need to be transferred to the local office before an interview is scheduled?
If there was a problem with my fingerprints, how long does it take to receive an appointment for doing it again?

Does this mean that I could still receive an appointment notice before the background check?
Does my file need to be transferred to the local office before an interview is scheduled?
If there was a problem with my fingerprints, how long does it take to receive an appointment for doing it again?

Yes.
No.
No timeline. I've read some cases on here where they've only asked for them after the interview.

Stop worrying. Your case is still well within a good timeline. :)

[/B]
Hi yankyank, I have seen I-130 n I-485 online status from 5/27/2009 separately by MSC numbers,the status shows case received and pending.

Thank you Anji11, For some reason I can only see the status of my I-485 while I-130 is still showing up online.

Congratulations Sunland I guess I am the next one in line June 4th .I wish i had the remote like in the movie "click" and go staright to after the interview. These nerves killing me.

Congrats Sunland and best of luck to Smiriyal on June 4th.

Very important info for those going to interviews soon !!!!!!

USCIS: delays in card production

HERE IS THE LINK

Permanent Resident Card Production Delays

USCIS is announcing that applicants may experience up to an eight week delay in the delivery of their permanent resident card while we are in the process of upgrading our card production equipment. USCIS Field Offices will be issuing temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp to applicants approved for permanent residence at the time of their interview. You will need to take your passport to your appointment. If you do not have a passport, you must bring a passport style photo and government issued photo identification to receive temporary evidence of permanent residence.

If the application is approved subsequent to your interview or by a Service Center or the National Benefit Center, the applicant should bring the above documents to an INFOPASS appointment to be issued temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp.

SSN received.

Delay!? I hope I'll still get my card in June...!!!
Congratulations Sunland!

Los Angeles
3/2/09 Package(I-130, I-485, G325A, I-765, I-131, I-864) sent to Chicago via USPS priority mail.
3/11/09 $355 and $1010 checks cashed. Not $70 check yet.
3/13/09 Received Rejection Notice for the $70 check. Now have Receipt Number!!
3/14/09 Received NOAs for 131,130,765, and 485.
3/16/09 ASC Appointment Notice received (Case type 485, 765). Biometrics scheduled on 4/2/09.
4/2/09 Biometrics done at El Monte Immigration Service Center
Around 4/13/09 Online Status for I-130 & I-765 started to show up.
4/17/09 According to the online status, I-131 has been approved and the notice was sent.
4/27/09 I-131 approved letter received.
4/27/09 Interview date is set on 6/5/09
5/11/09 EAD card production ordered
5/18/09 EAD card production ordered again!?
5/20/09 EAD card finally received.
5/21/09 Applied for SSN
5/30/09 SSN received.
6/5/09 Interview

the delay seems to affect cards ordered since early may, i had another card production email from cris a couple of days ago (my first one was on 12thg may so hopefully this means my card is finally on its way!!!

Sunland, Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Wish you all the best, and hopefully for the rest of us still waiting.

good luck

i would just like to wish good luck to smiriyal (june 4) and justiceapple (june 5) who both have interviews this week.

Thanks Tinkerbell and everyone for the wishes.I will post the experience first thing I see the computer on 4th.

Good luck Smiriyal,
And hello everyone,
It might sound dumb to ask this question, but I see on everyone's post "card production for EAD and GC", what' that?
My Husband who is H1, has received his EAD, but we haven't received interview letter yet...
Me and my husband haven't moved into gather yet, we are trying get job at same location, we hope to be together by July end..Did anyone experienced the similar situation?
I am in Atlanta, and my hubby is in Seattle, WA

Thanks,

03/25/2009 - Mailed I-130,G325A's,I-1485,I864 I131,I 765 via USPS
03/26/2009 - Received at Chicago USPS Confirmation
04/02/2009 - 1010,355 usd Cheques cashed.
04/06/2009 - Received NOAS for 130 received at Atlanta,GA address
04/07/2009 - Received NOAS for 485,765 and biometrics appointment letter
05/01/2009 - Biometrics FP done - in Seattle, WA
05/29/2009-- Received EAD

Last edited by a moderator:
Card production ordered is a letter you get from USCIS informing your card has been ordered and you can expect in mail within a few weeks.I did not get any letter but the EAD in a white envelope with no markings, sometimes I feel a plain white envelope would make one more curious than a normal envelope well thats just me lol. Anyway nothign to worry about you have your EAD just wait for your IL usually you should get it within 60- days of your EAD card. I got my IL before my EAD but I think it depends from District Office to District Office ..I guess nobody wants to be an immigrant in Long Island :D
Always when in doubt contact USCIS on the 1800 number and there is a trick to get to the customer service keep clicking on the numbers till where they say there is somethign wrong with your notice and once the cutomer service rep on phone u can ask ur question about ur case status.. they look up something called case matrix and let you know the up to date information .

Congratulations, Sunland and best wishes to smiriyal, and other filers who will have their interviews soon