March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

when can I apply for a SSN?

I just got my EAD card today... and that's the only one that was approved till far, can I apply for a new SSN with only my EAD approved?

Congratulations sunland, this good news can you pls provide detailed list of the supporting documents you took with you besides the ones you submiyyed initially, the reason is myself and my husband have to move to a new apartment and all out utilities is all inclusive, except for the telephone line so that makes it difficult for us to provide documents that shows utilities together.

And BornintheRSA, we seem to have the same timeline because i submitted my RFE too and it shows that it was received at NBC same date as yours pls keep me posted on your progress.

GC - Spouce

I may get my Citizenship in few weeks and my spouce is in India. Can any one explain how to process her GC. pl Let me know how long will that take.

Denucci,
Thanks. Supporting documents we took were:
1) Auto Policy Declaration
2) Auto Insurance Card
3) Recent Bank Statement
4) Health Insurance Card
5) Income Tax Return
We did not have any utility bills, lease agreement with our names on it because we live in my mother in law's house.
Other than these, I have a bunch of pictures and whatever document is listed on the interview letter.

And BornintheRSA, we seem to have the same timeline because i submitted my RFE too and it shows that it was received at NBC same date as yours pls keep me posted on your progress.

Yours was received 10 days before mine so maybe you'll hear something first.
No update from my side.

I may get my Citizenship in few weeks and my spouce is in India. Can any one explain how to process her GC. pl Let me know how long will that take.

SEE INFO HERE !!
It could take anything between 4 to 12 months.

I recvied an email on saying that they ordered card production on May, 11th. Then i got a welcome letter the next day, but since then I haven’t received anything. I am worried!!!!!

I recvied an email on saying that they ordered card production on May, 11th. Then i got a welcome letter the next day, but since then I haven’t received anything. I am worried!!!!!

i'm in the same boat, there is a delay in the card production for green cards (something to do with updating equipment) and so your card may take up to 8 weeks to arrive.

Sunland,

Your timeline was smoking fast, I hope my interview goes as well as yours!

Here is my uppdated timeline:
Current Permit: TN-1
GC thru marriage
March 2, 2009 – Sent 130, 485, 693, 765 and 864W to Chicago overnight
March 3, 2009 – Package received
March 11, 2009 – Checks cashed
March 10, 2009 – Notices received
March 12, 2009 – Biometrics Appointment Notice
April 2, 2009 – Biometrics
April 20, 2009 – EAD Card Production Ordered (765 showed up online)
April 23, 2009 – Received EAD card.
April 23, 2009 – Received Interview Letter for June 30th.
June 30, 2009 – The big day, interview at 10:10AM

BornintheRSA, i guess you are right, i got updated that my EAD card was ordered yesterday and my AD has been approved, i hope you hear something soon.

Sunland, thanks for your informtion it is very helpful, i guess we all pray and hope our interviews go well. Congratulations again.

Today my I-485 case appeared online finally! Less than 2 weeks before the interview. I-130 also shows today's LUD, no change in status though.

My interview Experience ...

Interview time 7.30 reached 7 AM waited till 745 in general waiting area.

Then moved to a crampedup room filled with couples and lawyers waited till 840

A young hispanic TALL lady officer takes us to her room oath is taken.

Asks for my passport birth certificate and proof of co habitation and my wives ID and birth certifcate

questions may not be in order .
To my wife
1) When did you guys meet
2) what was his status
3) where did he go to school
4)who is his employer ?location?
5)how come he is in NY if his employer is in Florida( software contractor)
6)were you married before ?
7)When did the relation turn romantic were u friends first ?
8) When did you move to NY ?(my wife couldnt remembr the month i tried to help the officer stopped me )
9)When did you get married ?

I put my album in front of her and she starts rapidly turning over and smiling in between .My wife says its our concise life from meeting to marriage to now .
The officer says she can see that and smiles.
10) How many people attended your wedding ?
11) were both of ur parents present ?
12)When was the last time u met your in laws ?( Again i tried to help her remember the exact month again she stops and i was worried)

Turns to me
1)when was the last time you entered usa ?
2)Never been out since then?
3)whats your in laws names ?
4)when did u meet them last time ?
5)what was wives maiden name ?
6) Do you have kids ? I dont know where it came from but she asked lol
7) each and every yes and no question in I 485.

Finally "Congratulations I am approving your case and I will keep your passport for I 551 stamping please wait in the same genearal area your name will be called to receive it"
with a small smile no extra emotions.

Come out around 855 and waited till 9.45, name called go to the counter and she gives me the CR stamp in my passport and a letter reminding my conditions removal date and a warning not to lose this document as they will not remind us again and a reluctant congratulations and snide remark like "enjoy!"

10 10 IHOP breakfast had to wait here too :) for about 25 minutes for our food and 11 AM at work busy had to wait to type this stuff.

So the whole interview was 15 minutes but total 3 hours of waiting and half hour at IHOP .I will tell you guys one thing at the Garden city Distrct Office I did not see a single smile from anyone.I guess its the part of their training like everyone is guilty till proven innocent :)

They did not take my I 94 nor my H1b docs nor EADS nothing.A I 551 stamp and a letter.Expecting the GC in mail in 4 to 8 weeks.
See you around and good luck to rest of you .Time to ponder over what next in this economy :).

This forum has been like god send you would be surprised so many people with briefcases full of evidence suave and sophisticated maybe higly educated too but have a lwayer in tow and what would a lawyer do too ? but charge zillion dollars an hour . And we were having only one small bag of proof and a tiny album consisting of 75 pictures of our marriage and daily life and confidence from other users experience of these forums in brain and it worked out fine ..
btw before anyone asks me what proof did I show
1)2 Lease statements
2) 4 bank statements latest 2 of checking 2 of saving
3)Health insurance and medical bills
4)2 car isnurances and policies on both names
5) 2 year tax returns both names
6) Msiceallaneous bills with same address
7) 75 assorted pictures in a cheap walgreens album.

As long as ur marriage is true and ur spouse is sane ur good to go lol ..