March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

Guys i will strongly reommend that you do not pay attention to this whole online status business it is hooks, i tell you why, the department is overwhelmed, same goes for the system, my status shows case does not exist, but when i called customer services yesterday and told them this after the 10th call, i was transfered to another person who was able to check and see if my case exist, which i do believe it does since i got letters from them. So guys focus on letters that should come your way not this whole online status thing it gets you worried for nothing. Just my thought.

5/6/2009 - EAD Production ordered.

Finally, my EAD case showed up online. O wel l am stil waiting for IL which I am really waiting for.

Residence City = Stamford - CT
DO = Hartford

03/13/2009: I-485, I-864, I-765 and I-131 sent to Chicago.
03/16/2009: Package received.
03/24/2009: All NoAs received.
03/26/2009: FP notice received.
04/09/2009: FP Done.
05/04/2009: Received AP
05/06/2008: EAD Production Ordered

Last edited by a moderator:
yay! i'm glad other's cases are progressing nicely... receiving EAD and APs... Hope you guys get the interview letters soon
I agree with Denucci, it's really not worth it worrying about the online case status. my 485 and 130 application is still not showing up and my 765 still shows card production ordered when I have received my EAD last week. :)

Hey, it seems that a lot of ppl have their cases moving in a good pace. Update again, I got my AP(two copies yesterday).

Status update: EAD ordered
March 19, 2009 - Received by Lockbox
March 23, 2009 - Checks cashed
March 24, 2009 - Notices received
March 26, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment Notice
April 16, 2009 - Biometrics done
April 08,2009- EAD ordered

I have a question,can one apply for Social Security Card after upon EAD receipt?I've never had to deal with this as I already had my social security card before I received my EAD,I just had to update my status at social security office.
Please advise,thanks.

I have a question,can one apply for Social Security Card after upon EAD receipt?I've never had to deal with this as I already had my social security card before I received my EAD,I just had to update my status at social security office.
Please advise,thanks.

with an EAD card you can apply fora social security card. I was issued one whilst i was on my J1 program, but when i tryed to change my name with the valid K1 visa thy said i needed papers changed by USCIS before they changed my name, hence i'vehad to wait for EAD to change my name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang it...Am I the only March Filler waiting now for my EAD. Oh this is bad. I have to call them first thing monday morning. I know we said don't focus on the online status and all, but I still havent heard anything. Any other March Fillers out there?

Well I guess I am not the only one according to the spreadsheet. I would just have to accept the fact that others might be faster than mine. Hopefully the USPS guys are delivering it on Monday. That would be a good way to start my week.

To the rest of the March Filers with their EAD's already. Congrats!!

Well I guess I am not the only one according to the spreadsheet. I would just have to accept the fact that others might be faster than mine. Hopefully the USPS guys are delivering it on Monday. That would be a good way to start my week.

To the rest of the March Filers with their EAD's already. Congrats!!

mines only showing up as card production online, haven't yet recieved in hand, i must admit i hope it come monday!!!

it seems everyones process is moving fast, sadly i will have a bit of delay in my process because of the RFE for medical that i received, so keeping fingers crossed, my EAD should be processed within 90days that is what the letter says. Very sad, but what can i do.

Let me join the March crowd. Here is my details. Although I got the interview letter already, case status for my I-485 is still not available in their online system. EAD and AP are still pending with the last LUD of 04/14/2009

Congratulations NIW06. You got interview letter pretty fast. What is your DO? What do you mean by "initial" interview?

Thanks amneni. My local office is in Cleveland, OH. The word "initial" was in the interview letter. Apparently we filed on the same day :)

Let me join the March crowd. Here is my details. Although I got the interview letter already, case status for my I-485 is still not available in their online system. EAD and AP are still pending with the last LUD of 04/14/2009

Welcome NIW06, I have added you to our spreadsheet.

Everyone, I have amended the spreadsheet slightly. If i have information missing for you or if you haven't filed for AP/ EAD pls let me know so i can note it/ amend.