March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

My RFE was for a birth certificate which I forgot to include in the package. I did my medical before I sent in my package and sent the completed I 485 in with my other documents. I was advised to do so by USCIS customer service. The woman I spoke to said that it would speed up the process by them not having to send an RFE out for it. But as you can see I got an RFE anyway. Lol. You can check the dates on my timeline. I would also reccomend calling in about a week after you send your RFE so that they can check to see if it is in the system. That's what I did.Just give it a few weeks.I am sure you will get your EAD in no time. Best of luck.

fen09aosfiling, is your RFE request related to i-485, i.e medical, because i also got one for medical and the letter that came with it states that they will continue to process my i-765 when they get the initial evidence. I juts sent it out today, so i was hoping mine will come in 2weeks too and that it will really not delay my EAD. i hope i am making sense.

Thanks alot, i will do that, and also keep my fingers cross, are you going to the SSN office now or do you already have one

Ssn

I have been here for 9 years. I already have a SSN, so I can't advise regarding that experience in conjunction with the residency process. However, it shouldn't be difficult. Good luck

Thanks alot, i will do that, and also keep my fingers cross, are you going to the SSN office now or do you already have one

Applied in March

Hello Everyone,

I am currently on H1-B visa married to a US Citizen. I sent 130, 485, 765, 131 on march 7, 2009. They recieved it on march 11, 2009 and checks were cashed sometime then. Then I recieved NOA for all four with Biometrics appointment on April 5th.

But since the biometrics was done, I havent recieved any letter or correspondence from them. Is this expected..? How can we check the application status..?

Received AP today .. 2 copies tho .. Is it normal ? .. wonder why did they send 2 copies .. any insight fellows ? ?

Residence City = Stamford - CT
DO = Hartford

03/13/2009: I-485, I-864, I-765 and I-131 sent to Chicago.
03/16/2009: Package received.
03/24/2009: All NoAs received.
03/26/2009: FP notice received.
04/09/2009: FP Done.
05/04/2009: Received AP

Hey congratulations to the March filers who have the process move smoothly. My status is still not showing up on their web. The NOA numbers are MSCxxxxxx. How about you guys who have gotten AP or EAD, or interview letters? thx

Hey congratulations to the March filers who have the process move smoothly. My status is still not showing up on their web. The NOA numbers are MSCxxxxxx. How about you guys who have gotten AP or EAD, or interview letters? thx

Mine either it still says they have received my applications and they have sent NOAs.I guess there system needs to be fixed.I called up THE USCIS a couple of weeks back and they said most of the MArch filers are facing this problem due to a technical glitch but the process is smooth and asked me to wait for the actual mails

Online case status has this note. I guess if your case goes to DO, it depends on your luck to see your case status online. My receipt number, which starts with MSC, doesn't show up at all. I-130 status has not changed forever even though it was approved for almost 4 years now.

Note: Case Status is available for Applications and Petitions which were filed at USCIS Service Centers. If you filed at a USCIS Local Office, your case status may not be reviewable online but for processing times on forms filed at that Office please, click here.

I guess we all have to wait for them. Hopefully they are processing fast too for those of us with the MSC. I also have an MSCXXXXXX Number. I applied on 3/17, got my notice on 3/20. Biometrics done on 4/16, and I'm still waiting.

Has anyone with an MSC number that applied in March recieved their EAD yet?

PS: Could someone show me how to add my stats on the Signature? Thanks

I guess we all have to wait for them. Hopefully they are processing fast too for those of us with the MSC. I also have an MSCXXXXXX Number. I applied on 3/17, got my notice on 3/20. Biometrics done on 4/16, and I'm still waiting.

click on User CP which is near the top right hand corner, from there you will see a link that will allow you to edit your signature.

I received it look at my signature
PS: Could someone show me how to add my stats on the Signature?
When you login on the top quick links and edit signature

I have just made a spreadsheet tracking all applications that we have on this forum, so we can track more easily whats going on the link is

NEW LINK - http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rhVD7cmU4nLA_oW5fTyNFJg

you can also find the link on my signature, as March AOS filers!

i will try and update at least once per day! if you haven't given me DO, or info is missing either post on her or PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay i think there is a problem with the site i loaded it to as it won't let me even log in. anm gonna do it again and load up again, but this could take a while - gonna do onto a excel spreadsheet then export it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

Here are my stats. did't send form i-131 today i am gonna send it.
March 19, 2009 - Received by Lockbox
March 23, 2009 - Checks cashed
March 24, 2009 - Notices received
March 26, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment Notice
April 16, 2009 - Biometrics done