March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

Anyone can write a check to make these processing fees to USCIS, either beneficiary, petitioner or a third person. Just make sure to write what the check is for on the memo part of it...left corner on the bottom of the check like-Payment fee for I-485 for BENEFICIARY NAME.

one last thing regarding AOS fees:
1. I know that we need 2 checks. one of $1010 for I-485 payable to U.S. Department of homeland security.
2. another one for $355 for I-130.
3. No fees for I-765 and I-131.

Now who should write these checks. Me (Beneficiary) or my wife ( Petitioner)?

thanks
Punjabi1

I started this thread. Its unbelieveable but I have interview date for June 5th. No status about work permit yet.Advance parole received.I am happy hell yeah .. but too much good too soon keeping my fingers crossed ;).

Congratulations to you guys that have their interview letters already, this seems to be faster than most of the threads or groups on this forum.
And to the rest of us best of luck, i still cannot find my cases online and teh customer service center does not have it neither.

Well i will still keep my fingers crossed. But i hope they start sending out work authorizations soon, some of us do need it.

this is truly amazing. Good luck . I filed mine on 3/13 and have Biometrics done on 4/9. BTW .. I am not too far from you ... Live and work in Stamford CT.

Hi All,

I just received the Employment Authorization card in the mail.

I have a question: In the card, it listed my name (using my husbands last name). Although my passport (ID) uses my maiden name. When I go to the DMV, will this be a problem? Also when they check my Social Security, since I have my SS# under my maiden name.

Any response will be greatly appreciated!

Congratulations Girl, that is really good, you will not have problems at DMV i just got mine too, all i did was take my marriage cert. with me to prove the change of name, and some of the mails from USCIS as proof of address, i am sure it also has you married name on it.

Update

Card Production Ordered Today. I hope that things continue to move at this pace. Is there anyone here who applied from Atlanta?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Girl, that is really good, you will not have problems at DMV i just got mine too, all i did was take my marriage cert. with me to prove the change of name, and some of the mails from USCIS as proof of address, i am sure it also has you married name on it.

Hi Denucci,

So did you go to the DMV right away or went to SSA first?

By the way, what is your DO? I was researching on the CA DMV site and they said that in order to change name on the license, SS should be changed first. But i have been reading on some threads here that it takes a while for Social Security to update info. :confused:

Hi Sunland21, my DO is chicago, i went to DMV with all the documents and did my test, i already have a SSN from a previous category, so i took that with me. If you do not have one you then have to go get one but if you go through the requirment from your state there must be other documents that you can take with you, so i suggest you go through the list first and also go to SS office.

I actually have a SS# already but it is under my maiden name. I also have an expired DL under my maiden name. When I renew my DL, I would want it to be under my married name but I don't know if they will be able to verify my SS since it will still be under my maiden name. If I go to SS first, I am afraid that it will take a long time for them to update my records, therefore holding off my DL renewal.

Denucci, are you a Male or Female by the way? maybe knowing that will help. :)

Interview date

Los Angeles
3/2/09 Package(I-130, I-485, G325A, I-765, I-131, I-864) sent to Chicago via USPS priority mail.
3/11/09 $355 and $1010 checks cashed. Not $70 check yet.
3/13/09 Received Rejection Notice for the $70 check. Now have Receipt Number!!
3/14/09 Received NOAs for 131,130,765, and 485.
3/16/09 ASC Appointment Notice received (Case type 485, 765). Biometrics scheduled on 4/2/09.
4/2/09 Biometrics done at El Monte Immigration Service Center
Around 4/13/09 Online Status for I-130 & I-765 started to show up.
4/17/09 According to the online status, I-130 has been approved and the notice was sent.
4/27/09 I-130 approved letter received.
4/27/09 Interview date is set on 6/5/09!!!

Congratulations to everyone who has there appointment dates set already.

My case is on hold until I get my full birth certificate from South Africa.
The RFI states that my EAD will only be processed once they receive my BC.

I don't want my interview date to be set before I get my EAD.
I came here on a B2 visa so I am not able to get my SSN until I get the EAD.
Without the SSN I can't put my name on my husband's bank account etc and therefore cannot prove that the marriage is genuine to the IO if we go for the interview.
Coming here on a B2 and getting married and applying for AOS is already a problem so I don't need anymore. Grrrr..... the stress !!!!

Rant over :p

Of course they will, i went with my maiden name too like i said i took my marriage cert with me and proof of address that had my married name on it, an di was able to change the details including my address, i had a state ID from the state i used to live at with my maiden name on it . So not to worry about verification, pls go ahead to your DMV they will change it for you , because you have a gov, document to verify the information you are giving to them and i am female. i hope that makes you feel better.Ha ha hah

USCIS Chicago Address

Tomorrow, on April 30th i am sending my AOS package ( I-130,I-485,I-131,I-765) to USCIS chicago using USPS Express mail service (overnight delivery) so that my wait clock starts on May 1.
IS THIS IS THE RIGHT ADDRESS FOR USPS EXPRESS MAIL DELIVERY ??

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Punjabi1

I filed my father's package mid of march,biometrics completed and the case was transfered to california center.My question is as follows:Does everyone get interview request letter? What kind of interview is it?What should we be prepared for?
I would appreciate if someone could provide feedback in reference to interviews.
thanks in advance.