Mailing Date: 02/22/02
Reached to INS Mail room: 02/25/2002

I just got Recept details from my lawyer:
ND Date: 03/04/02
EAC # : EAC-02-124-XXXXX
EB2(Masters)

Can you please find out ND from AVM?

Hi sud,

Since you have your receipt number can you please find out your notice date from AVM (you will hear it as received date in AVM) and post it for all\'s benefit?

Thanks,
BladeRunner

Hi anamica

we are in the same boat even mine is same as ur dates
mailing dt feb 22
rd - feb 22
nd mar 4
eac - 02-124-xxxxx

Got Receipt number

PD:02/09/2001
MD:02/28/2002
RD:03/01/2002
ND:03/08/2002
AD:Waiting
Receipt No: EAC-02-128-5XXXX

What is the diff between RD and ND

sorry guys (and gals) I am just starting out and trying to learn the lingo.
What is the difference between Reciept Date and Notice Date? Is RD the date they receive the mail, and ND the date they actually enter the data in their system?
Thanks for replying (and for not getting irritated by the question)

I am in the same boat, but this little info might help

I find www.immihelp.com pretty helpful. It has a list of all documents required for P-3. I am also gonna talk to my lawyer in detail about whats required while i am waiting for I-140 approval. I will post some info. once i find out.

Great luckygc.

Mine was sent on March 12 and have not heard anything. I dont know how my employer has send the papers?

Same time line

MD: 02/22/02
RD: 02/25/02
ND: 03/04/02
AD: ????
EAC #: EAC-02-124-XXXXX
EB2(Masters)

Better not to check AVM????????????

Hello March team,

It looks like I cannot track my case, because of my company policy. My attorney said that they are not going to give me the EAC number. He said that if I check the AVM, it will slow down INS system. I think he is trying to fool me. How come checking AVM will affect INS processing time???? Does any one received similar response from your lawyers??? Any way I\'ll compare my case progress with Sud\'s case (we both mailed on 03/01/02)

Below is the email I got from my attorney.
Lahari,
I\'m not sure what you mean by "RD" and "ND". Also, we are unable to release your EAC number no matter what. The INS has received so many inquiries from xxxx employees that it has slowed their system which means it takes longer to process applications. They won\'t tell you anything until your petition is approved anyway, and we will know only a couple days after when we receive the receipt notice. We will contact you as soon as possible after receiving the receipt notice. At that point, we will also contact your manager to ask him/her to complete the continued authorization forms on your behalf.
   Regards,
   xxxx

To me it looks like your lawyer is talking about calling INS and

talking to a person as oppose to just calling AVM... Its hard to beleive such baseless comments from a (competent) lawyer....

Expert opinion needed

Hi Gurus,

I see on instrack.sce.net (VSC) that a person names SuperChicken (EB3)who\'s RD is 02/25/02 is approved on 3/11/02 !! That\'s like in 14 days !!! Have you heard something like this before ???

Thanks,
BladeRunner

No Title

Nope.. Thats probably a ND if you ask me .. I jumped out of my skin when I saw that.. Or it may a TX transfered case OR he may be lying chicken :)

your attorney is clever & cunning

Lahari,

These kinds tricks are played by few idiotic attorneys (mostly our desi people). He does not want you to track the progress of the case. I know an attorney who filed H-1B petition at VSC by attaching an application for labor certificate not approved labor certificate from the state labor department. That attorney also did not give receipt number either to HR or to the candidate concerned. The attorney was fired when HR realized that attorney has messed up the case but the candidate lost 6 months of time. The game plan is very simple even though your attorney gets query about your case no way you know details of query. He will keep you in dark as long as possible. Contact your HR and ask about the policy of the company. Since you signed the papers for I-140 unlike petition for H-1B, you have to keep a copy of the receipt and have every right to keep a copy of the receipt.

good luck

Iam

Receipt details

ND = March 7th 2002

Roughly how long does it take these days for I-140 my attorney said should be done in less than 3 months.

Any ideas anyone?

What makes difference? category (EB2/EB3) and/or processing type (RIR/Regular) and/or Notice date and/or random???

My case just for reference is EB2 - Regular and EAC-02-127-xxx-xx