March 140/485/765 Concurrent Filing - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KRP

I wish all of us should be through, at the earliest. INS is working on March cases. I have seen couple of people who filed in march, got receipts, but they are following FEB CONCURRENT CASES. Lets keep the thread alive.
Pl keep updating the status, so that it will be helpfull for all of us.

Thanks

vijrek

No news yet. Called employer to find out if checks got cleared or not. He said NO.

Suggestion: If we can change the name of this thread from "March 140/485/765 Concurrent filing" to something like "Vermont 2003 140/485/765 Concurrent Tracking", I guess we will have more members updating the thread.
We had notice that thread called "Philly DOL" under Labor Certification section; all the members were updating information regardless of MD/RD and within couple of weeks that thread became one of the most informative thread for pending LC at federal level.

Please comment.......

eager4GC

Could you also please update the attached spreadsheet with your mailing date and category.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea usnycus

Lets do that way, It will be usefull not only for present filers, but also for the people who file in future. Hopefull you will hear in real soon about your "clearence of checks"

Thanks

vijrek

As you are the "Thread Starter", only you can request administrator to rename this thread.

Advisory for Service Center I-485/I-765/I-131 Filers Relating to Receipt Notices Problem

a) Lately, people have been experiencing some difficulty relating to proof of applications because of delays or failure to receive Receipt Notices. The confusion was added by the changes in filing fee schedules, not one time but two times in less than three months early this year. During this period, people received the small machine-generated white sheet money receipts without sufficient information on the applicants and other details. There are plenty of incidents where people are waiting for the receipts months after filing the above-named applications. The Receipt Notice for I-485 is not only a proof of "in status pending the application," but also an evidence to apply for I-131 (Advance Parole) and I-765 (EAD) at local offices in emergency. I-765 Receipt Notice is an absolute document to apply for Interim EAD after 90 days of filing I-765.

b) In this unusual environment, please should take precautionary measures to deal with the Receipt Notice problems. People should remember that the Service Center writes in on the rear side of the filing fee checks the case number and receipt date. We have seen some people who filed applications using money orders or certified checks or personal checks with no arrangement with their banks for return of the cancelled checks. Additionally, some people write one check for several different applications, even adding all the filing fees into one check for entire family members. This is a big mistake. For the purpose of dealing with Receipt Notice problems, people should write one check separately for each application and separately for each applicant with the type of case and applicant's name in the memo part of the personal check so that one can match that check with the BCIS online receipt printouts. In I-485/I-765/I-131 filing, one may want to write three separate checks.

c) Once one gets the case number through the cancelled checks, he/she will be able to get access to his/her case through the BCIS online case status check and print it out as the BCIS Receipt Notices. We understand that the Service Centers and local district offices usually accept these online receipt notices in lieu of the hard copy receipt notices. Never, never, never pay the filing fees with an instrument that does not give you evidence of filing and case number!

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

Questions about the INS Receipt Notice

Hi,

I got the fingerprint notice from INS, but it had my last name spelled incorrectly. I called INS, and they told me to write a letter to them to ask for correction for the misspelled last name. Also, they told me to bring my letter with the fingerprint notice when I go to fingerprint.

Have anyone had this kind experience? What did you do? Please respond!!! Thanks in advance for your response.

My company's lawyer also told me that she has receive the receipts for my I-765, I-131, and I-485, but she did not mention the I-140. How long should I or my company's lawyer receive the receipt for my I-140?

I have updated the spreadsheet.

LCVPain

Send your letter to INS with any mail which can give you delivery confirmation and carry that also along with FP notice and letter to correct the name.

UPDATED

UPDATE:

I-140/485/755.

MD:03/20/03
RD:03/21/03
ND:04/01/03

Havent received the receipts. Checked the status through online, with the numbers in the cleared checks.

Re: UPDATED

Originally posted by vijrek
UPDATE:

I-140/485/755.

MD:03/20/03
RD:03/21/03
ND:04/01/03

Havent received the receipts. Checked the status through online, with the numbers in the cleared checks.

USNYCUS

I dont know the procedure for changing the thread. Pl let me know if you are aware of doing it.

Problem?

Hi All,

when i try to check my case details on BCIS online I get the following message.

"Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application"

But the automated systems gives my case details, do u think the two systems are not synchonised.

Thanks

My checks got cleared yesterday. I checked the status online with the receipt number from the cleared checks.

MD :: 03/06/03
RD :: 04/07/03
ND :: ??

I wasn't sure April 7th was RD or ND. Summary of Online status is as follows::

Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on April 7, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete

Can anybody let me know if its RD or ND?

I also updated the spreadsheet.

-KRP

Hi usnycus ,

Thanks a lot for the answers. I have written a letter with the copy of the FP notice to VSC to ask for the correction.

Also, I have received I-485 notice, and it has my last name misspelled too. I called VSC, and the lady told me that they have corrected it on my I-485 notice because somebody(I think my lawyer) called already for the correction. I asked her whether I need to write a letter along with the copy of my I-485 notice and send to VSC, and she sail "No, you are all set.". I have asked her about my FP notice and the lady told me she did not have the copy of my FP notice, so she could not tell.

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by usnycus
LCVPain

Send your letter to INS with any mail which can give you delivery confirmation and carry that also along with FP notice and letter to correct the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.