March 140/485/765 Concurrent Filing - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi SJD

I sent a mail to administrator to change the name to Vermont I- 140/485/765. Hopefull they may change. If not we will continue the same thread both for March & April.

Thanks

Hi Vj,

Thanks for the prompt action.

I am still waiting on my receipt from my filing. Once i have it, will update the excel spreadsheet.
I am hoping i should have it by next week.(Not sure)

Thanks again
Sjd

Finally got a call from attorney regarding 140. They got the receipt for 140 with ND 04/03/2003. Spreadsheet is updated accordingly.

No news yet about 485/AP/EAD.

Finally I got my I 140 Receipt, MD 03-21-03, ND 04/03/2003.
I got FP scheduled for 5/15......

I updated the sheet.....Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi skotha

In your online status for 485, does it specifies any thing about FP, or did you get FP notice by mail. Pl let me know.

Thanks in advanve

Hi Vj,
I got the FP notice one week back....for May 15 th....
I got ND for I-140 only. My company said that they got all the receipts.....Still I am waiting for 485 receipt for them....
Recently, My friend also got the all receipts and FP notice....

FYI.... In his online status check for 485, it says about FP notice, saying so ans so date we sent FP notice to you....and he got seperate FP notice....

Mostly I will get my 485 receipt number on monday or tuesday.... I will check online and let you know.....

What your 485 online status says.....

Goodluck....
Skotha

Update : Concurrent Filing Status

Update:

Received the FP notice for 05/22/03.

Also received the copy of the 140/485 hard copy receipts.

MD 03/23/03
ND:03/27/03 (140/485).
FP (notice): 5/22/03

My company did not apply for EAD ( some stupid policy !!!) Can I apply it by myself now? I hae my valid H1B till 2004 Dec..

Cheers!

Anindya

Thanks Skotha

I got all my receipts, with ND. 04/01/03. INS made some mistake and send a wrong notice to us, stating FP fee for my wife has not been paid. Infact we sent the check, they are poor in arithmatics. My lawyer sent an explanation reply to INS on 04/16/03, about the check amount we sent .
Online mesage says we mailed a receipt. . For my wife - we determined a shortage FP fee, we mailed a notice to give an opportunity to pay the fee. Just I am curious to know from others Once I hear from INS, I will update

Thanks

Hi Anindya

You can apply without knowing to your employer, withthe cooperation of your lawyer.

Thanks

All,

Finally got receipt for all the application (485/131/765) from attorney. Lawyer told me that they mailed all the applications together and I believe them as they are one of the very reputed immigration lawyers in tri-state area. Surprisingly there is 25 day difference in ND for 140 & 485.

Any of you had same situation?

usnycus

Updates

EAD and AD approved for both my husband and me from online status checking. Both my husband and I have done FP.

I-485 online status says following for me, and it is as the same as they sent out the receipt and it has no change after I have done FT. I am the main applicant.
"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on March 28, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

I-485 online status says following for husband.
"On May 6, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Does anyone know why they are different? What is the difference?

Does anyone know how risky if I go back to my home country visit with the AP without waiting for the approval of the I-140?

Please respond. Thanks in advance for the response.

In the FP notice, does BCIS tell you the date you have to go, or can one go anytime after the notice is received?

My wife is going abroad for few months (on H4). We've filed 140/485 on 5/5/03. WOndering if it will be a problem when we get an FP notice and she is not in the country.

Also, does FP have to be complete in order for EAD to be approved? Thanks!

Hi arbee

Couple of my friends received EAD/AP, But they haven't got FP notice till date.
Its safe to travel after FP done, I personally feel it may delay the process for your wife, if she is not in the country.

Thanks

Originally posted by arbee
In the FP notice, does BCIS tell you the date you have to go, or can one go anytime after the notice is received?

My wife is going abroad for few months (on H4). We've filed 140/485 on 5/5/03. WOndering if it will be a problem when we get an FP notice and she is not in the country.

Also, does FP have to be complete in order for EAD to be approved? Thanks!

Got Receipts

Finally i got a call from my lawyer that they have received the receipts for my filing...

MD- 04/22/2003
ND- 05/13/2003

Sjd

AOS vs. Current Visa Status

Hi All,

My wife and I filed 140/485 concurrently and both 140 and 485 are still pending for approval.

My wife currently holds F-1 visa as full-time registered grad student. Recently, she received a notice from school for I-20 renewal process due to the policy change of BCIS, but was told that she might not be able to get her I-20 renewed because of her 485 application.

I wonder if anyone on this board would be kind to provide some idea or information resources on how BCIS deals with people with request to renew non-immigration document while in the transition period for immigration document approval.

Would such people be considered as immigrants ('cuz they may use EAD/AP to work and travel) or non-immigrants ('cuz they still have F-1/H1-B status on file and 140/485 is still pending)?

Thank you.

EAD approved

Hi All,

My EAD got approved yesterday-05/20/03(from Online Status) . Should be receiving the card by mail some time next week.

Updated the spreadsheet...

EAD got approved

Hi

My EAD got approved on May 19th

AD is Mar/30/2003
RD is Mar/31/2003
ND is apr/07/2003

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.