March 01 RD/ND with RFE/No RFE lets post details

Achiever, any Mar 01 RD/ND\'s

any news on your side? My lawyer will be submitting my RFE on Monday. Got the neccessary docs. It\'s back to waiting then.

Greenie1, Nothing so far, Hoping for approval this month

Congressman told me that NSC is taking 420-460 days to approve I485. He says if no approval by then , then contact his office.

I have just switched the job. So I have busy with that. One way it is better, at least my focus not on NSC entirely.

I shall call IIO by April 22 or 23rd. Lets see what they say.

Keep me posted when NSC updates the AVM in your case.

Achiever

Achiever, thanks for the update...

420~460 days now, huh? I wonder what caused the sudden upsurge. I shall keep you and others informed when the AVM changes in my case. My lawyer will be forwarding my RFE reply on Monday. Just hang in there, bro, things will work out just fine!

RD jan 18,01 ND Feb 9,01 FP june 20, 01 no REF so far, No nothing

Greeni1 ; achiver

I do not know why my case taking such long time. I looking at you guys discussion on I-140 ,I485 connection infor. Why would NSC want to do this? Maybe my case is also got into this. both I-140 and I485 filed at NSC. mine is AOS case.
My lawyer says He filed 2 (one In march 13, one aprial 9) inquries and no responce to this either. He say talk to the Congressman.
Would this help.
When I called NSC, IIo told me wait for 30-90 days, what a waiting!
 belive my finger print got cleared. Please respond.

Asitha call IIO again

Yes u can talk to senator or congressman. Give them your details & ask them to find out why your case is pending so long.

Also call IIO & ask him about why your case is delayed. Also did your lawyer called NSC or wrote a letter to NSC? If he has wrote a letter then ask him to call NSC by phone & talk to IIO.

Some officers do ask for connection with your I140 & I485. That means they pull your I140 file from warehouse & match with I485. This seems to take some time. Once the connection is made then your file is assigned to an officer. There is nothing to worry but process just adds delay in already delayed process.

Keep us posted when you hear from congressman\' office. Also I would recommend you to call IIO once in 2 weeks & ask him/her specifically why your case is pending. So proactive IIOs can give you some details such as connection. Not all IIOs will give you all the details about your case.

Achiever

thanks achiver

Thanks a lot acheiver;
My lawyer will not do anything. He just files (send a letter) inquiry and wait. Well he got his money. I
read one of attony Murhty\'s responce say should not call NSC too many times. They note the caller and
dellay the process further.

I talk to a congressman\'s office soon.
thanks again.

Good exp

ND: mar 19 , FP Feb 12 2002, Detroit
I talked to an IIO lady today. she told me your case is in the queue to be assigned. When I asked about my wife\'s case she said she will give that info to my wife only. My wife wasnt around at that time so I put her on the hold for 15 minutes to get my wife from her friends appt and the IIO didnt mind at all. She was very nice. We talk for about 15 minutes about my case. Then practically I had to find an excuse to hang up. Although the end result is that my case is still pending

detroitwait, did she say why your case has been pending?

Also what did she say about your wife\'s case? I was under impression that your file & your wife\'s file make one case. So whenever officer reviews your case, he reviews wife\'s case too at the same time.

Also did IIO told you when they will assign your case to an officer?

Please share details of your talk with IIO.

Achiever

good exp

She said b/c of sept 11 they are screenning applications very very thoroughly. In my case my wifes I485 was filed 8 months after me. Maybe thats the reason. But she said both of will get it approved at the same time.( if ever!!!!!!!!!)

Finally got RFE letters

RFE for primary: Employment verification
RFE for secondary: Birth certificate

BTW, my friend\'s RD/ND: 1/2001 still waiting, no RFE, no nothing. But, IIO said case has been assigned to officer.

t0677g

Help on BC and Marriage Certificate

Can you send me a copy of you BC, If you want you can write off you name. I just need sample.

thanks
MS

Spoke to IIO & got another stupid reply

Hi all,

Spoke with NSC IIO today regarding my I485. All she said was that it still pending & not assigned to an officer yet.

I said to her that now it is more than 400 days for my I485 case, she said there are many steps in I485 processing, so case goes back & forth (Whatever that means). I said again that it is more than 400 days & I am concerned about my case. She said that some cases takes upto 2 years. So there is nothing to get concerned.

On hearing her reply, all I could do was to laugh at my misfortune & her stupidity.

Anyway no big help there. Also I have filed my EAD & AP extension. When I asked about that, she said cases are assigned to an officer & pending for decision.

Achiever

EB2/RIR/India RD 03/02/01 ND 03/27/01 FP 01/12/02
AD ???

achiever

I called IIO 5 weeks back and was told that my file is still sitting there. (nd: mar 01, rd feb 01, fp feb02). Looks like that NSC is the worst govt dept in the world. Afganistan Govt may have some procedures but not this NSC. I will cal them tomorrow again. I dont understand why they dont have any procedures.

Just for information I am laid of in Jan and got offer withinn 5 days. However pay is less and am not sure if they give a letter if required(In case of an rfe). The sponsered employer has done lot of illegal things like deducting H1 fee from my pay check for which I have invoice,... I was underpaid too. Planning to sue him if he does not give a letter in the event of an rfe. Please post your ideas.

Thanks

No Worries, uspresident

Now you have switched the job, then in case of RFE, all you need is the employment letter & pay stubs from your new employer. Usually they ask for 3 months Pay stubs. Also even if your salary is less than mentioned in labor, it is still OK. All you need to show that you will work in same or similar category. I think your employer should give you the letter. Ask him to mention the salary which he has stated on the offer letter. In case of RFE, attach your offer letter also.

Take a look at chat transcripts on www.murthy.com. Getting paid less than what mentioned in labor is OK. All law says that your salary should be above poverty limit, which I think is around 21K or 23K. Check Muthry\'s web site(Chat transcripts)

However hire a good lawyer. Especially I would recommed you to not to send a response to RFE on your own. Hire someone like Murthy or Khanna.

Don\'t worry. I think every thing will be alright. As our cases are getting older, I think most of us will get RFE. I have also switched my job 2 weeks back. I am preparing myself for RFE in case I get one.

All I hope is that they assign the case to an officer. So far our cases are still sitting around.

Keep posted about your conversation with IIO

Achiever

Meaning of "screening very carefully"

Does it mean that they are looking at the I-485 application with a large magnifying glass or are they taking one day to read each line of our application ? Nonsense, the #% are just spending their time gossiping and chatting and doing nothing. Each one is afraid of losing his job in case he/she approves a petition and it turns out to be that of a DEAD TERRORIST ! So they\'ve decided to just stop approving petitions. Does any politician in this country care to ask these INS penpushers to do their job more sincerely ? No, all they want is to punish all "foreigners " because of the actions of a few schizophrenic people.

Greenie1

Has NSC received your RFE yet? Looking forward to hearing good news from you soon!!

Thanks,
t0677g

AVM Changed

I had my FP done on 4/9/02 and it was sent to the INS on 4/10/02 according to FBI. The AVM message changed on 4/18/02 saying that the FP results were received on 4/18/02 and were corrected and are pending review.

Does anyone know what it means?

t0677g...

I appreciate and reciprocate your good wish. May all of us waiters hear the sweet words of approval soon! Regarding your question, not et. I shall call NSC tomorrow morning before the line is deluged with calls. After getting RFE\'s in every stage of my process, some good news is in order, I suppose! Will let you know.