Magnetic strip on the back of green card

yoyo2008

Registered Users (C)
HI,guys
I took pictures of my green card (front and back). Would the flashing light of the camera affect the magnetic strip on the back of the green card?

Is there a way to find out if the green card is working well?

What if something's wrong with the magnetic strip,would we get troubles at POE?

How to protect the magnetic stip on green card?

Anyone has any experience about it?

Many thanks!

I took pictures of my green card (front and back). Would the flashing light of the camera affect the magnetic strip on the back of the green card?

No.

Cross the border.

No.

I wouldn't bother.

HI,guys

Many thanks!

Don't worry so much. if it is mutilated you can replace. there should not be a problem :)

HI,guys

Many thanks!
Generally -- flash of light won't alter magnetic strip properties/values set in.
So do not worry.No need to check.
The properties/values set in--- most probably alters/mutilates/erases ONLY when it is subjected to high intensity magentic fiields of in the order few 'teslas' .
So, for example, if you happen to go for like MRI test ,take care you do not expose your GC to MRI screening area to avoid possible damage.
So,do not worry much and pull on your life happily.

Last edited by a moderator:
NUTS!!

have you also considered the affects of the lunar eclipse which happened this morning on the east coast? I think gamma rays can adversely affect your green card, altering significant information which will cause denial at POE resulting in deportation to home country without recourse to appeal.

If I were you I would buy a small portable lead box and keep the card in that.

NUTS!!

have you also considered the affects of the lunar eclipse which happened this morning on the east coast? I think gamma rays can adversely affect your green card, altering significant information which will cause denial at POE resulting in deportation to home country without recourse to appeal.

:D :D :D :D :D

Just keep the card in the little white sleeve they provided with the card.

But if it is like what they put on credit cards, it can take more abuse than you think. I have put a credit card through the washing machine (accidentally, of course) and it still worked.

NUTS!!

Couldnt stop laughing dude. :) :) :) :)

NUTS!!

AirBerd

You are one hell of a comedian. We should post this reply to a sticky board so every single person would get some relaxation out of their stressful life. Good job!!!

Wow

Take a picture of the magnetic strip of your credit card and go to a gas station to see if it would work. Let me tell you the answer, it would. Magnetic strip on the back of you GC has the same properties, so sleep tight tonight as you haven't destroyed your immigration journey by taking a picture :D Close call heh :cool:

NUTS!!

Quite funny. :D

just to follow on from airberd... i did some research and testing.

if for whatever reason you lose any data off your magnetic strip, you can easily restore it by simply taking the green card and swiping the strip side along the crack of your ass ... and presto... back to normal, but of course, this could result in having a brown card instead of a green card. :D