LUD not changed after FP

Let me make sure I get this straight: Do most people believe that one is supposed to have an LUD change after getting fingerprinted? Or it could go either way with no real consequence?
We got fingerprinted yesterday (no LUD as of now) and we are moving to another state today (got the notice just in time before our move date). Should I hold back on updating my address for a day or two until there is an LUD? Any reason to worry about changing addresses so soon after FP in any other case? Thanks.

I did FP like on on saturday (2/10), the LUD was 2/13. I think to change your address has nothing to do with FP LUD. The USCIS recommend to change your adress 30 days in advance of your movement (I read it somewhere as I remember) and you should do it by law within 10 days after your actual movement. Good luck with your new place.

My FP was taken on 11/18/2006 and as of today my LUD is still 11/2/2006. It has not changed.
Is this normal?

Thanks mmed,

We did our FPs (my wife and I) on Saturday 3/31; LUD on 4/2 and again on 4/3. We moved on 4/1.

I wanted to see an LUD before I report our new address (which is in a different state) because I didn't want a possible second FP notice to be sent.

It appears from my understanding of these posts that the FBI transmits FP results within a day or two of the appointment if everything checks out ok, generating a LUD. Not having a LUD within a day or two probably means that the FBI has reason to delay reporting back to USCIS, something that shouldn't take too long in most cases.

Thanks mmed,

We did our FPs (my wife and I) on Saturday 3/31; LUD on 4/2 and again on 4/3. We moved on 4/1.

I wanted to see an LUD before I report our new address (which is in a different state) because I didn't want a possible second FP notice to be sent.

It appears from my understanding of these posts that the FBI transmits FP results within a day or two of the appointment if everything checks out ok, generating a LUD. Not having a LUD within a day or two probably means that the FBI has reason to delay reporting back to USCIS, something that shouldn't take too long in most cases.

What about your final J waiver and EAD. I am still pending for both and not sure if the pending waiver is the reason of the delay or not. Your feed back is appreciated.

I have no reason to believe that the EAD would be held up by the J-1 waiver.

My J-1 waiver is, after almost 2.5 months since the DOS sent its recommendation, still lost. I have an inquiry pending (which might be lost as well if they send it to my old address, because they said they can't update address information on inquiries.)

However, nothing in the I-765 stipulates that a person must not be subject to HRR in order to qualify. The I-131 does have such a condition (we will unlikely obtain our advanced paroles before our final J-1 waivers). But there is no such condition for EADs as far as I know.

Heck, there better not be... my family moved because of my new job but I can't start working until I get my EAD - I was supposed to start on Monday. My employer thinks it's only a matter of a few days or a couple of weeks -- given that my RD is March 1, it might be much longer than that. I'm hoping I get it before May. Wish me luck.

I have no reason to believe that the EAD would be held up by the J-1 waiver.

My J-1 waiver is, after almost 2.5 months since the DOS sent its recommendation, still lost. I have an inquiry pending (which might be lost as well if they send it to my old address, because they said they can't update address information on inquiries.)

However, nothing in the I-765 stipulates that a person must not be subject to HRR in order to qualify. The I-131 does have such a condition (we will unlikely obtain our advanced paroles before our final J-1 waivers). But there is no such condition for EADs as far as I know.

Heck, there better not be... my family moved because of my new job but I can't start working until I get my EAD - I was supposed to start on Monday. My employer thinks it's only a matter of a few days or a couple of weeks -- given that my RD is March 1, it might be much longer than that. I'm hoping I get it before May. Wish me luck.

I wish the best for you, I just got two new LUDs (4/4, and 4/5) for the EAD. I don't know what they mean and hope to be approval.
For the waiver issue, I just sent a letter addressed to the same person and address in the favorable recommendation copy. After 2 weeks or so, he called me over the phone and gave me the I-612 number. Try again.

I have been receiving updates since taken fingerprints on 04/02/07

1-1485
LUD:02/15/07, 04/02/07, 04/03/07, 04/04/07, 04/05/07

1-140
Lud: 02/15/07, 03/28/07 (pp upgrade), 04/04/07, 04/05/07

Does it mean they are working on my file? Please Gurus, let me know about this. I am worried.

My FP was taken on 11/18/2006 and as of today my LUD is still 11/2/2006. It has not changed.
Should I be worry? Anyone can help me with some answers? Thanks!

I My J-1 waiver is, after almost 2.5 months since the DOS sent its recommendation, still lost. I have an inquiry pending (which might be lost as well if they send it to my old address, because they said they can't update address information on inquiries.).

I wish you the best jk, my waiver just approved. The EAD LUD was updated 4/4 and 4/5, I think they sent an inquiry to vermont to expedite the waiver before EAD!!!!. The other thing I did one week ago, I sent a request to congressman to help. I do not know actually what happend may be just coincidence.

I wish you the best jk, my waiver just approved. The EAD LUD was updated 4/4 and 4/5, I think they sent an inquiry to vermont to expedite the waiver before EAD!!!!. The other thing I did one week ago, I sent a request to congressman to help. I do not know actually what happend may be just coincidence.

I stated before that I don't think the J-1 waiver has any bearing on a C-9 category EAD. Please let me know ASAP if I'm wrong about that, i.e. if you receive any further evidence that the LUD you received was related (or may have been related) to the J-1 waiver. If this is the case, then I will have to mail a supplement to NSC for my own EAD application (which my current livelihood is dependent on) to provide them with the J-1 approval notice, whenever I receive that. Thanks a lot!!

I stated before that I don't think the J-1 waiver has any bearing on a C-9 category EAD. Please let me know ASAP if I'm wrong about that, i.e. if you receive any further evidence that the LUD you received was related (or may have been related) to the J-1 waiver. If this is the case, then I will have to mail a supplement to NSC for my own EAD application (which my current livelihood is dependent on) to provide them with the J-1 approval notice, whenever I receive that. Thanks a lot!!

I follow many cases because of my EAD delay (+83 days). Most cases have LUD then approval second day (for sure with many exceptions). Mine LUD 4/4, then 4/5 then the waiver approved 4/6!!!! Is this just coincidence? I do not think so. My thinking, which may be wrong, is that the waiver is needed before EAD approval.

Should I be worry? Anyone can help me with some answers? Thanks!

Hi Joelly,

I would just like to share you my ordeal in regards to fingerprinting. This may or may not apply to your case, so take it with a grain of salt....

I got my first code 3 fingerprinting Oct 2005 and I never received any updates from the USCIS until they gave me a denial notice on Aug 2006. They said that I have abandoned my I-485 application by not showing up on my fingerprint appointment date. Good thing that they've re-opened my case just a month ago after waiting for 7 months and after filing a Motion to Reopen (and after I have to shell out a lot of cash! )

If I had the chance of travelling back to the past, I would've taken an InfoPass appointment after 60 days of no LUD or updates from the CIS after my initial fingerprint. I would've showed the officer the stamped fingerprint appointment notice and explained why I am concerned. I also would've called the FBI to check if my FP results were indeed sent back to the CIS after the appointment.

I hope you'll find a resolution to your concerns. Good luck!

Hi Joelly,

I would just like to share you my ordeal in regards to fingerprinting. This may or may not apply to your case, so take it with a grain of salt....

I got my first code 3 fingerprinting Oct 2005 and I never received any updates from the USCIS until they gave me a denial notice on Aug 2006. They said that I have abandoned my I-485 application by not showing up on my fingerprint appointment date. Good thing that they've re-opened my case just a month ago after waiting for 7 months and after filing a Motion to Reopen (and after I have to shell out a lot of cash! )

If I had the chance of travelling back to the past, I would've taken an InfoPass appointment after 60 days of no LUD or updates from the CIS after my initial fingerprint. I would've showed the officer the stamped fingerprint appointment notice and explained why I am concerned. I also would've called the FBI to check if my FP results were indeed sent back to the CIS after the appointment.

I hope you'll find a resolution to your concerns. Good luck!

I totally agree with you, for me and all posts I read in this forum, an update is generated in our profiles after FP. As I understand it, there should be , at least from my thinking an update if the person access our profile to do FP. It is very simple to an attorny or customer Ser Rep to say no problem do not worry, .....etc and if any problem happen later every one will disappear but the applicant only who will complain and carry the risk. And who knows, the person may accessed a file of other when doing FP or may be mismatch between the A# in the notice and the one in the system. Now the InfoPass cost almost nothing compared to the consequences which could happen later on regarding any mistake.

I totally agree with you, for me and all posts I read in this forum, an update is generated in our profiles after FP. As I understand it, there should be , at least from my thinking an update if the person access our profile to do FP. It is very simple to an attorny or customer Ser Rep to say no problem do not worry, .....etc and if any problem happen later every one will disappear but the applicant only who will complain and carry the risk. And who knows, the person may accessed a file of other when doing FP or may be mismatch between the A# in the notice and the one in the system. Now the InfoPass cost almost nothing compared to the consequences which could happen later on regarding any mistake.

In my case, my 1st fingerprint file and/or results were completely lost. This was confirmed by my InfoPass appoint on 2/23. The lady at the office was very courteous and knowledgable on the i-485 process. She was pro-active enough to inform the CSC that the evidence to re-open the case was very strong. InfoPass is nothing compared to talking to the "droids" at the 1-800 customer service number.

So after FP and there is a LUD on your case does that mean that FP cleared or name check cleared?

From experience, the name check process is initiated earlier than FP but may or may not be done after FP is cleared. One can confirm if name check is cleared on your case thru either InfoPass or the 1-800 number.

Thank gc_cis_error and mmed for replying to my post. I am making infopass appt now as we speak. Can I also ask for the 1-800 number? Or, am I better call FBI directly?

Please advise !!!
I really appreciate it!!

Hi everyone,
I just called the FBI to ask the status on my FP. They are so nice. They told me that my FP review was done on 11/18/2006 and sent back to USCIS on 11/19/2006.
So now what to do? I am concern because there is no LUD on my case status.
Should I still do infopass? Should I inform my lawyer about my intention of doing infopass?
Sorry for a lot of questions. I really do appreciate some feedback from all of you. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_cis_error : Did you get LUD after 2nd FP on 4/3 ? My husband went for
2nd FP on 4/11 . No LUD yet. FBI says results sent the same day.
Thanks in advance