LUD CHANGED today??????

longwaitgcca said:
Just not I called customer Service center, That guy was saying that my 140 is not approved yet. But he said since 485 is approved, even if 140 approval does not come, it does not matter because 485 is the final one.

Can any one tell me if that is true.I dont belelive that.

By the way my case details.

140 substitution,

09/18/2003

485 applied on 05/15/2004

So semi concurrent.

Very interesting case....as nandpc suggested...don't worry about your I-140 (I think it might be approved too...but there might be a glitch in the online status or so)....go ahead and get your passport stamped...

When did you get your FP done??

Good Luck

For all who filed Semi Concurent:

So based on many such cases looks like, if the processing dates matches with your I140, which is obiously filed before 485 in semi-concurrent case.
The 485 also being approved ( this can be a proven way to reduce backlog)
So corss your finger and wait till the dates reaches to your I140 dates..

Thoughts????

nandpc,

Thanks for the Info, My lawyer also said samething that INS missed recently lot of cases approving 140, they just approved 485. But later they realised mistake and approved them. So i am hoping for the 140 approval.

an_anonymous,

I got FP notice in June 2004 and at the same time I done it.

longwaitgcca,
Was your lawyer saying that USCIS approved many I485 without looking into I140 at all, or that I140 were actually approved but not properly registered. Did USCIS actually revoke the "false" I485 approvals? thanks.

I think they do approve I140 on their files but do not send the approval notices. This happens mainly for some of the concurrent or semi-concurrent cases. Our friends have not received any formal I140 approval till now.

LUD for my I-140 was changed on 9/14/04 and last friday I came to know through phone from CSC rep that it was actually approved on 9/13/04 but they missed to send the notice. Seen couple of cases here that were either approved or got LUD changes on 9/13/04, 9/14/04 (around that time) and most of them haven't received the notices. I'm kindaa suspect that either there might be a glitch around that time or due to heavy load they defered posting notices.

- Just an observation.

GUYS ...One very silly Question...

How do find your LUD?(LastUpdate) on your case, all I know is check status msg online (USCIS) there is no mention about any LastUpdate dates.

thanks
-Raj

rcodavali said:
GUYS ...One very silly Question...

How do find your LUD?(LastUpdate) on your case, all I know is check status msg online (USCIS) there is no mention about any LastUpdate dates.

thanks
-Raj

Hi Raj,

if you register at the USCIS website and add your case number to your portfolio and you'll be able to see your LUD.

My 140 also approved.

Hi,

My lawyer done a followup with INS and they said my 140 was approved on Sep 23. But they forgot to send the approval notices and change the status.

So below is details.
140 Sep 23 approved
485 Sep 27 approved

Hi longwaitgcca,

Just curious why there is a difference between you calling the Customer service center and your lawyer doing a followup with INS. When you called CSC on Sep 28, the rep said your 140 is not approved yet. But your lawyer said your 140 was approved on Sep 23.

My LUD for 140 was updated on Sep 24, but the status is still the same "was received ...", at the same time, my 485 got updated, the status changed from "on March 2003, fingerprint notice was sent" to "on April 2003, results of your fingerprint review were received, and processing has resumed on your case ...".

No updates afterwards :(
Don't know whether I should call CSC myself or ask my lawyer to do that, any suggestion, guys?

case detail: EB2 concurrent 140/485 RD: 10/16/2003

how long does it take??

Longwaitgcca,
I'm glad you got I-140 approved. I am in the same situation with the same I140 LUD date as yours. I contacted my lawyer after I read your earlier post. The lawyer then contacted CSC, but I haven't heard back on any result. How long did it take your lawyer to resolve this I140 issue? It seemed pretty quick and easy with happy result. What did your lawyer do? When will my wait end??? Thanks.

Hi, EB2OCT16,

Looks like my case is very similar to yours.

LC/EAD/AP approved

LUD on 140/485 'Sep 21'

Status msg for 140: Msg same as before for the past 6 months
Status msg for 485: Recently updated to "On April 10, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 ....We will mail you a notice if further action is needed..."

So guys what should I expect, is there any kind of porgress on my cases?
thanks
-Raj

Hi, rcodavali

Was yours EB2 concurrent? When is your RD? Even the date on 485 message is the same : April 10, 2004 :)

thanks,

Yes, EB2 Concurrent, RD 140/485: Oct 7 2003(140 RFE completed in April 04)
LUD 140/485: Sep 21 2004

I saw in the earlier posts in this thread that someone saw a LUD change and immediately they received a email about the case approval.

I did not receive any e-mail yet on the case status(I did check E-mail On) on the web site. Am I missing something.

So this LUD dates, do they mean anything positive, Today is the 9th day after the LUD change I didnot hear anything, either in mail, from employer, lawyers, no status msg updates, no e-mails. I am worried

-Raj

Raj,

I recently saw (10 days back) a person(EB2) posting his approval. His I-140 was also applied during the same time and his I-485 a bit later in December.

May be an approval email for you is on its way.

Raj,

My I140 LUD changed on Sept 27 and I got approval email on Sep 28. Maybe, as I did not check the LUD in between Sep20-26, I don't know how many times it changed.

For my I-1485 LUD changed on Sep 27,28th and today. On 27th and 28th LUD changed for all three of us (me, my wife and child). Today it changed for me and my wife only.. Does anybody know LUD for I-485 changes that many times ? Status for I-485 is same "Fingerprint reced..."

Thanks..

gw3 , EB2OCT16,

My lawyer had initiated contact with INS much before I came to know about my 485. She got email reply after I spoke to INS Service center over phone , The Guy whom I spoke over the phone just looked at the web status only I think.

Even now my 140 web status does not say approved. But INS said approval letter has been sent 1 week before only, So We are waiting for the letter.

I am seeing lot of approvals last week and this week.

cscwaitlong,
Does that mean the processing will become sluggish now-onwards? Since new fiscal year begins.
-takegc

LUD change but no change in status

Anyone with LUD changed but no change in status? My LUD for 140 and 485 changed on 09/28 but there is no change in status since then.
Should I call Service Center and ask for the status? Will they be able to tell me anything other than what is posted online.

Thanks,
takegc