Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hi Now_N400,
Congratulations on the quick interview scheduling.
Reading through multiple threads here you can see some people receive the YL, others don't. It does not mean anything.
In my case all my YL asked me to do was bring my drivers license to the interview.

Yesterday I received the notification for interview scheduling, however I have not received the YL yet.
Is this normal?

Hi Now_N400,
Congratulations on the quick interview scheduling.
Reading through multiple threads here you can see some people receive the YL, others don't. It does not mean anything.
In my case all my YL asked me to do was bring my drivers license to the interview.

Thanks bookjunkie.

Same date & time

Today we (myself & spouse) received the interview letters. We both got same date, time & ofcourse the same place.

Oath Ceremony Experience

Hi,
Just wanted to share my LA oath ceremony. I had my oath ceremony scheduled @ 1 pm @ LA Convention Center. I showed up around 12:15, was in my seat by 12:30. There were a lot of people but essentially you check in at the counters (1,2, 3.....56) in the hall (2nd floor) where the naturalization is scheduled. They just review the questions on the back of the N-445 (oath ceremony letter), punch your GC & give you a counter/table number where you will return to pick up your naturalization certificate. This seems to be based on the Alien/GC Number. There were a lot of security/USCIS personnel who you could ask which Hall you are supposed to go to for the naturalization ceremony. There is also a visitors entrance in the back of the hall for the visitors (duh!). It was fairly straightforward. The actual ceremony by the Judge started only around 2 pm, so sat there for a while. After the oath of allegiance, president's address, song, pledge of allegiance, national anthem it was done. It was time to pick up the naturalization certificates around 2:45 pm or so, where I surrendered the oath ceremony letter & punched out GC. I was out by around 3.
If you wanted to apply for the US passport, there were counters setup. You needed 1 passport photo (per US passport standards), $135(for passport book only), they hand out the forms or you can follow instructions (& print completed forms) @
google US passport.
Thank you everyone for your help in this process & good luck!!!

Interview Passed

06/10, application sent overnight
06/22, recived application notice, PD 06/11
07/12, fingerprinting
two month later, interview letter, oct 12, YL arrieved one week before that
10/12, interview passed, wait one and half an hour

Missing Oath letter

I completed my interview on Oct 31st. Online status changed to Oath Ceremony on Nov. 23rd. But I didn't receive the Oath letter in mail till today.
My spouse had the interview on same date, and the Oath letter arrived long ago.

I am wondering what will happen, if the letter goes missing in mail?
Any help will certainly be appreciated.

I took my interview on Nov 22nd and I still have not received any notice for oath ceremony and the status did not change on the USCIS website.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

timeline in LA December 2011

last week Jule N400 application submitted,
first week September Finger print app letter received
last week of September Finger print submitted
first week December Interview app letter received
last week December Interview passed

waiting for oath ceremony letter...

Here is my timeline:
Sent the application 16th of January 2012
Fingerprint was in March
Interview: May 21st 2012
And oath ceremony: June 27th in la convention center.

It takes about 5 to 6 months.

Best of luck everyone

I need some answer?

Here is my timeline

Apply for N400 02/27/2012
Receipt Notice Date 03/01/2012
Biometrics Notification 03/08/2012
Biometrics Appointment 03/22/2012
Pre-interview Case File Review 04/03/2012
Interview (I passed) 06/19/2012
"they said wait for the oath letter"
Until now still waiting for the oath
letter :(

Is this normal to wait longer?
The longer you wait that means you pass and get your oath letter?
I changed my name is that going to affect on how long is the process going to be?
I had misdemeanor 6 years ago it was loitering but it was expunged, dismissed and the case was closed. Is it going to affect my naturalization?

Please help thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
The LA Field Office timeline for N-400 is five months. So, you may send them a status request online or schedule Infopass. However, they are still within the legislative timeframe for adjudicating your case (120 days since the examination), so you can't actually bring it to the court yet.
LA naturalization ceremony (as well as OC) is usually held at LACC monthly. They process up to 12000 people (two sessions, 6K each). The judge leads the ceremony, so your name change shouldn't be the only reason for the delay. The next one is schedulled on Aug 23. I would definitely encourage you to give your case a kick.

Another timeline here is 45 days from the date of successful interview. They claim that the oath should be scheduled no longer than 45 days from the date of your recommended approval. So, you may want to wait a few more days and then give it a grand kick. But, personally, I wouldn't wait.

The LA Field Office timeline for N-400 is five months. So, you may send them a status request online or schedule Infopass. However, they are still within the legislative timeframe for adjudicating your case (120 days since the examination), so you can't actually bring it to the court yet.
LA naturalization ceremony (as well as OC) is usually held at LACC monthly. They process up to 12000 people (two sessions, 6K each). The judge leads the ceremony, so your name change shouldn't be the only reason for the delay. The next one is schedulled on Aug 23. I would definitely encourage you to give your case a kick.

Another timeline here is 45 days from the date of successful interview. They claim that the oath should be scheduled no longer than 45 days from the date of your recommended approval. So, you may want to wait a few more days and then give it a grand kick. But, personally, I wouldn't wait.

Thanks for your response this coming Aug 3 is my 45 days of waiting :( The IO told me that I passed the interview with flying colors and she asked me also about my misdemeanor record and I told her that it was dismissed and the case was closed. I brought all the support documents that will proved that my case was dismissed and I asked the IO if everything is ok and she said yes, just wait for the oath letter in the mail. I'm also with my lawyer too at that time. I've been waiting and waiting and one day I called the customer service just to check whats going on with my application and they said the same thing wait for 45 days :( I also checked the status of my application online and it showed that my application was in line for interviews which is weird:confused: because I did my interviewed already and I passed. I'm really confused right now. I guess I have to wait till August 3 which is this coming Friday and if I don't get anything. I'm going to make an appointment for infopass because I really want to be on Aug 23 oath ceremony :(

The IO told me that I passed the interview with flying colors
As soon as IO recommended your case for approval, you can start the countdown.
I guess I have to wait till August 3 which is this coming Friday and if I don't get anything. I'm going to make an appointment for infopass because I really want to be on Aug 23 oath ceremony :(
It makes perfect sense. However, you should remember, that 45 day timeline is just their commitment, not specifially substantiated by law. Also, try and get a morning appointment. There is a better chance the IO who approved your case will be present.

As soon as IO recommended your case for approval, you can start the countdown.
It makes perfect sense. However, you should remember, that 45 day timeline is just their commitment, not specifially substantiated by law. Also, try and get a morning appointment. There is a better chance the IO who approved your case will be present.

Ok Thanks for letting me know. My appointment is on Aug 14 at 9:30 am. I'm just hoping I get a good result

Let's hope you get the oath letter before then. USCIS is actively sending those out for the August ceremony.

02/22/12 N-400 mailed to Phoenix AZ (Los Angeles,California)
03/21/12 Inline for interview
06/02/12 Scheduled for interview
06/07/12 IL received
07/09/12 Interview
07/25/2012 Oath

TwinsTile-Kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Pasadena,Los Angeles

We specialize in kitchen remodeling-bathroom remodeling-home remodeling in Los Angeles make updating by experts your bathroom remodeling in Pasadena at twinstile.com.

If u need more information About Bathroom,Kitchen Remodeling to Our Site

Los Angeles Citizenship N-400

I have Just sent my N-400....

DO: Los Angeles, CA
5 Yr (12/10/2007)
09/13/2012 (Day 1) - Mailed N-400 to Phoenix Dropbox
09/15/2012 (Day 3) - Arrived at destination "Delivery Confirmation"

Does anyone know how the processing speed is these days? I have heard it is good and fast!

Thanks,